Toon Ultras Portfolio

Heron

Did your portfolio have any questions ? If not might they not just be reading it and using it to go with the ideas we and other fanzines will be providing them ?

Coming to think of it I think it didn't actually ask questions it just gave solutions to current problems and suggested how they could help us. They said they would get back to us in a week or two and it's now been a month. Think they could have gave us some sort of feedback now.

It might be worth ringing up and asking what the craic is................AGAIN

Or just keep or name and let the club get on with what they want to do , and let us get on with what we want to do , as we are going fine as it is as the minute.

Isn't the point that you should be trying to help the club with what you're doing though?

You should really be breaking your balls trying to get the club to take your ideas on board and prove to them that you're worth working with.

I get the impression that you lot don't seem willing to compromise over anything and want to do things all your way, which is laughable quite frankly.

Or just keep or name and let the club get on with what they want to do , and let us get on with what we want to do , as we are going fine as it is as the minute.

Isn't the point that you should be trying to help the club with what you're doing though?

You should really be breaking your balls trying to get the club to take your ideas on board and prove to them that you're worth working with.

I get the impression that you lot don't seem willing to compromise over anything and want to do things all your way, which is laughable quite frankly.

i thought they wanted flags and singing, therefore atmosphere?

Seems to me there doesn't need to be a lot of compromise for that.

Changing the name for one thing.

As I recall, at their meeting with the club they were told that the club wanted more say in how things were done with the Ultras, but they wer having none of it.

Obviously it's unfair to expect them to just hand over what they've started, but clearly the club will have more power to move the organistaion in the right direction and garner support. But it seems a lot of the Ultras are just more interested in helping themselves than the club.

the way i see it, is how many have already stated.

in the short term, the name could do with being changed, or at least pushed to the background, with something like bring back the noise being the groups name.

once the bbtn group becomes large enough, and with the clubs support, then the ultras could break away from the main group, and spread the noise further, but having achieved what the original aim was - to improve the atmosphere.

once a hardcore of singers in created (with a new name) then there will be an established group the average fan can join, without feeling like they should carry a flick knife, wear a stone island jumper, or fall out with every copper and steward in the stadium. then the ultra group could break away and become proper ultras without worrying what people on a message board think.

kane, your attitude is wrong. you should realise to progress, and to get numbers that would make the group a decent size, you should change the official name. anyway, you will probably find that most people that know of the ultras will remain to call it that anyway. afterall i still go to 'presto' for my shopping, but its since been called safeway, morrisons, and somerfield.

the club are huge, they cannot be seen to encourage ultras, especially with recent events in europe.

I am all FOR  a name change , infact myself and heron are leading the front for a name change on our forums but we have been out voted by the rest of our members , nothing we can do with that now.

The name stays , the club dont want to help us obviously as it has took over 4 weeks to get in touch with us and still nothing from them.

I think you can only try so much and then get pissed off to be honest , were doing fine at the minute.

I am all FOR  a name change , infact myself and heron are leading the front for a name change on our forums but we have been out voted by the rest of our members , nothing we can do with that now.

The name stays , the club dont want to help us obviously as it has took over 4 weeks to get in touch with us and still nothing from them.

I think you can only try so much and then get pissed off to be honest , were doing fine at the minute.

I very much doubt the club see it as important enough to consider it something they need to do within 4 weeks. Don't give up quite yet.

Changing the name for one thing.

As I recall, at their meeting with the club they were told that the club wanted more say in how things were done with the Ultras, but they wer having none of it.

Obviously it's unfair to expect them to just hand over what they've started, but clearly the club will have more power to move the organistaion in the right direction and garner support. But it seems a lot of the Ultras are just more interested in helping themselves than the club.

The club has no right to demand anything from anyone. The name argument is pathetic, really.

Kane, this has been mentioned several times in this thread already, but the attitude displayed by you is not the kind that is going to endear you to the club and help you make the most of this opportunity. Perhaps spending a little time reading your colleague's posts (Heza09) and trying to adapt his 'open to suggestions' policy would serve the TU better.

I don't know who you are, or what you're about but YOU (personally) come across as quite immature...whether this is a reflection of the Toon Ultras as a whole is debatable, but the club are a lot less likely to take you seriously if they see you in the same way, especially as you're on "the council"...

The club has no right to demand anything from anyone. The name argument is pathetic, really.

The club haven't demanded a thing, they have said they will support you if there is a name change if not then you will have to continue on your own. That's not a demand it's just they can't be seen to be supporting anything with the name Ultras after the problems with other Ultras at other clubs.

Kane, this has been mentioned several times in this thread already, but the attitude displayed by you is not the kind that is going to endear you to the club and help you make the most of this opportunity. Perhaps spending a little time reading your colleague's posts (Heza09) and trying to adapt his 'open to suggestions' policy would serve the TU better.

I don't know who you are, or what you're about but YOU (personally) come across as quite immature...whether this is a reflection of the Toon Ultras as a whole is debatable, but the club are a lot less likely to take you seriously if they see you in the same way, especially as you're on "the council"...

I know what you mean,  "self-important" is the phrase that comes to mind when reading a lot of the Ultras' posts on here.