Jol on the brink? Breaking news:Ramos snubs huge Spurs offer.

Parky

Planning is necessary in any business. That should be obvious to anyone. How it is done is a different matter. However, Newcastle fans are hardly in a position to be pointing fingers at how Chelsea and Tottenham operate at the moment.

They've spent fuck loads of money. Some business plan.

Planning is necessary in any business. That should be obvious to anyone. How it is done is a different matter. However, Newcastle fans are hardly in a position to be pointing fingers at how Chelsea and Tottenham operate at the moment.

so did we under souness.

He's been on loan at PSV from Chelsea for 2 seasons because he couldn't get a work permit, you do know that don't you?

Yes, I did. Surprised that you knew that. Claiming that you'd  never heard of the guy.  My understanding is that Chelsea has some kind of buy out clause that they could choose to exercise or not.

So Chelsea unearthed him. Had you heard of him before they did that?

so did we under souness.

Spending is a lottery whatever the set up at the club.

GS was just the wrong manager.

Chelsea aside I don't see that Spurs buys have been that astute tbh.

I can't see how it can work if you have one man in charge of player recruitment, and another in charge of coaching and team selection. In any line of business, staff selection is a very important skill. If the bloke who has to get results isn't the one who is selecting the staff, then you've got trouble.

In the case of Jol if you pay even scant attention to the Spuds sites there is definitely the opinion that communication between the DOF and Jol broke down last year over a number of issues and hasn't been right since.

For Jol who I consider a competent manager it must be frustrating having this geezer working against you behind the scenes.

I can't see how it can work if you have one man in charge of player recruitment, and another in charge of coaching and team selection. In any line of business, staff selection is a very important skill. If the bloke who has to get results isn't the one who is selecting the staff, then you've got trouble.

In the case of Jol if you pay even scant attention to the Spuds sites there is definitely the opinion that communication between the DOF and Jol broke down last year over a number of issues and hasn't been right since.

For Jol who I consider a competent manager it must be frustrating having this geezer working against you behind the scenes.

Why would any Toon supporter in their right mind waste their precious time on there?

I'm saying i'd never heard of him before he was signed up 2 years ago, surely thats not to hard for you to get your head around.

No, not at all.

But you do know that he (Alex) signed for Chelsea/PSV 3 years ago (2004) and Arnesen didn't move from Spurs to Chelsea until mid 2005. No?

Why would any Toon supporter in their right mind waste their precious time on there?

Comedy value?

Kaboul is the new Campbell etc... bluerazz.gif

And if they were to look on here a few weeks ago they would see the majority were under the opinion that we had no money and that Ashley and Mort wouldn't back the manager, basically people putting 2+2 together from what little they get from the media.

I thought this was going to be the season Jol was found out in your words, now you're saying he's a competent manager.

Make your mind up.

And if they were to look on here a few weeks ago they would see the majority were under the opinion that we had no money and that Ashley and Mort wouldn't back the manager, basically people putting 2+2 together from what little they get from the media.

I thought this was going to be the season Jol was found out in your words, now you're saying he's a competent manager.

Make your mind up.

The clue is in the word 'competent'.

Jol's not on the brink IMO.

Yes Dave but according to you Roeder would still be here. bluerazz.gif

Wasn't that you?

I thought it was you?

Nah. I even bollocked someone for FACTING he would be staying.

It was you, you pulled those towers.

Explain?

It's is self-explanatory no?

What's is? ;)

I remember expecting Roeder to stay on (at the height of my dismay), I assume that's what you're on about. Not sure what that's got to do with Jol?

I'm saying i'd never heard of him before he was signed up 2 years ago, surely thats not to hard for you to get your head around.

No, not at all.

But you do know that he (Alex) signed for Chelsea/PSV 3 years ago (2004) and Arnesen didn't move from Spurs to Chelsea until mid 2005. No?

The understanding is that Arnesen found Alex for a company owned by Abramovich who signed him up (same way Tevez is 'owned') and they loaned him to PSV because he didn't have a work permit, Chelsea had the option to buy him for £1.

I would have typed this earlier but I was posting off my phone and couldn't be arsed to go into it, so did you know of Alen before he went to PSV?

So he it was to do with him, what has that got to do with Arnesen? He's not even Chelsea's DOF, Zahini is an independent agent so again you're barking up the wrong tree yet again. You didn't say what the problem was with Alex btw.

Pini Zhavi is a close friend of Roman who has also suggested and done the deal for the new Israeli coach to come to Chelsea. PZ has a villa on the Cote de Azur half a km from Romans place and spends time on Roman's yacht Pelorus every time it visits Monaco. They are close friends. You my dear aren't even 'barking' more like a whimper.

mackems.gif

Would still be Roman buying the player, not Zhavi.

Exactly.

Btw Parky, if the DOF is to blame for Spurs slump after 3 games this season and that all you need is a strong manager, who's to blame for Man Utd's slump?

I thought you might avoid this one, Parky. :laugh:

Wasn't that you?

I thought it was you?

Nah. I even bollocked someone for FACTING he would be staying.

It was you, you pulled those towers.

YOu fuck I have it on good authority it was you. Let me look at those fingers.  :razz: