Chronicle is a must buy tonight!

Optimistic Nut

There's a first interview with Marcelino tonight since he left the club, talking about Enrique & Luque. :lol:

Here's a teaser...

Speaking on his new Alan Hansen-type role, he added, "This was my first time back at St James' Park and I got a warm welcome by everyone at the club. It is a new experience for me working on TV. But I got a lot of pleasure out of watching the new-look Newcastle team. The fans here are fantastic - they always were and always will be".

Just going to type his quotes...

Marcelino on Enrique.

"I have heard some very good things about Jose. Hopefully he can do very good things here at Newcastle and I wish him all the best. Coming to England is not a big step in terms of quality, what you have to deal with is the different type of football in England. He has to adapt to the physical side of things in the Premier League. I am happy Allardyce is taking his time when it comes to putting Jose in the team. He will need this to adapt to the new environment and type of football."

Marcelino on Luque.

"Albert Luque is still regarded as a quality player in Spain. He showed that during his time in La Liga. When he arrived here he was a full international and he was one of the top players in Spain. He had injury problems and Souness left. Hopefully Sam Allardyce is bringing some balance to the club because there have been too many changes down the years. It wasn't a great environment for any player over the last couple of years, but hopefully Allardyce will use his experience and knowledge to address the dressing room correctly. I think from Albert's point of view, he could have a future if he fights for his place. He has the quality and that will put him in good stead."

Marcelino on Marcelino.

"This was my first time back at St James' Park and I got a warm welcome by everyone at the club. It is a new experience for me working on TV. But I got a lot of pleasure out of watching the new-look Newcastle team. The fans here are fantastic - they always were and always will be".

Is this true?!?!?!, I was walking down Northumberland street last week and seen this guy who was the spitting dabs of Marcelino.  I thought nah, he would never want to come back here.

And Oliver couldn't resist throwing this bit on the end of this Cacapa article...

"And United have now decided that they will wait until the January window and try and bring in another Brazilian in Edmilson from Barcelona."

Every fucking day :lol:

I hope someone threw eggs at his car.

I hope someone throws eggs at YOUR car (if you've got one) ;)

I haven't as it happens. I was joking btw but I think you realised that.

Guest elbee909

Marcelino?? a pundit?

fucking hell

Hope he doesnt break a finger typing a report on his computer

He'll probably strain a lip if he's broadcasting at all.