Typical Scousers!

Crumpy Gunt

Yes we've had our problems just like any other club, and we acknowledge them and things for most part have changed.

That cannot be said of the Liverpool fans, and that is the point, nothing else.

Don't try and turn this into a glass house scenario, because it simply isn't about that and you should know it.

It's just another excuse to have a few cheap shots over a non-news story and an idea a huge majority of LFC fans find distasteful. Take a trip to any LFC forum and you'll see comments describing it as eerie/mawkish and asking what is wrong with the current memorial. Or you can continue to spout inaccurate generalisations as it fits the stereotype you want to portray.

Stereotypes?

I'm sorry, what happened in Athens again?

Yes we've had our problems just like any other club, and we acknowledge them and things for most part have changed.

That cannot be said of the Liverpool fans, and that is the point, nothing else.

Don't try and turn this into a glass house scenario, because it simply isn't about that and you should know it.

It's just another excuse to have a few cheap shots over a non-news story and an idea a huge majority of LFC fans find distasteful. Take a trip to any LFC forum and you'll see comments describing it as eerie/mawkish and asking what is wrong with the current memorial. Or you can continue to spout inaccurate generalisations as it fits the stereotype you want to portray.

Stereotypes?

I'm sorry, what happened in Athens again?

That'll have been re-written by now. It'll have been the Greeks. And Millwall/Chelsea/Leeds fans who travelled across.

They believe what they want to believe, well usually what the tabloids infer because of their low IQs.

Again what happened at Athens, what happened at Villa, what happened to the toilets etc at Old Trafford, what with Alan Smiths ambulance?

Yeah, evil tabloids are at work, they are to blame.  :rolleyes:

Grow up and take some responsibility for your fans actions for a change instead of blaming everyone else.

Out of interest what were they like? There was one memorial service in the Anglican Cathedral, and a Mass in the Town Hall attended by a massive 200 people - less than 99% of funerals. There was actually very little interest in the Bigley case in Liverpool though the national media wanked themselves silly over it for months.

I remember the big screen next to St John's Shopping Centre was still displaying BBC News 24 a week behind reality, which meant they were reporting on Bigley as if he was alive days after he'd been killed. It seems to have 'caught up' now though, you don't get last week's football results as breaking news!

You're right though, I was living in Liverpool at the time and I don't remember the Bigley thing being anything like as big as it was made out to be on national TV. I think a lot of the reputation Scousers have is perpetuated by the media. We're often portrayed as being simple in the media ourselves, like the guy off "I'm Alan Partridge", and many southerners tar us with that brush, yet when they come to see the city for themselves I'd say the majority leave with good things to say. The same can be said of Liverpool. In general I have found Scousers to be humble people, happy to take the piss out of themselves, much like Geordies. They are very parochial with deep-rooted anti-London views, but so are we up here if not moreso being further from the capital. I do find Liverpool fans to be a bit arrogant, but I've had the same problem with Mancs - it goes with the success I suppose. As far as the people of the city go, I never had any problems. Give me a Scouser over a Cockney any day.

Guest youcantseeme

They believe what they want to believe, well usually what the tabloids infer because of their low IQs.

Again what happened at Athens, what happened at Villa, what happened to the toilets etc at Old Trafford, what with Alan Smiths ambulance?

Grow up and take some responsibility for your fans actions for a change instead of blaming everyone else.

You tell me what happened?

As an outsider, I had nothing but good impressions about the city of Liverpool when I was visiting last spring. Top-class people, certainly a damned sight better than any Londoner I've ever met.

Don't understand the stick they get on here all the time tbh. Although to be fair, I've never been to Anfield.

hahahahaaha!!! You know what happened. Scumbag redshites attacked and robbed their own, tried to force their way past turnstiles, threatened to cause another Hillsborough, and then wined like smacked bitches about it.

Unless of course they've already fucking re-wrote history. Classless wankers.

Benitez is quoted as having said this in a typically playing the victim type tirade:

"...Then I want to ask the Premier League why it was so difficult for Liverpool to sign Javier Mascherano, when we had to wait a long time for the paperwork, but it was so easy for Carlos Tévez to join Manchester United..."

Obviously, I don't know all the ins and outs but, from my perspective, it seemed that Man United had a lot more trouble getting Tevez than Liverpool had getting Mascherano.

His whining about the Heinze thing is ridiculous too.  The FA can't force a club to sell a player to a particular club on the basis of a friendly agreement between the player and his club.

“It’s going to be very difficult for us to win the Premier League because the other teams are so strong, but I want our supporters to know that, despite the disadvantages we have, we will fight all the way. We will fight to cope with our more difficult kick-off times and all the other decisions which are going against us.” 

:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Guest Baxter

Benitez is quoted as having said this in a typically playing the victim type tirade:

"...Then I want to ask the Premier League why it was so difficult for Liverpool to sign Javier Mascherano, when we had to wait a long time for the paperwork, but it was so easy for Carlos Tévez to join Manchester United..."

Obviously, I don't know all the ins and outs but, from my perspective, it seemed that Man United had a lot more trouble getting Tevez than Liverpool had getting Mascherano.

His whining about the Heinze thing is ridiculous too.  The FA can't force a club to sell a player to a particular club on the basis of a friendly agreement between the player and his club.

Its going to be very difficult for us to win the Premier League because the other teams are so strong, but I want our supporters to know that, despite the disadvantages we have, we will fight all the way. We will fight to cope with our more difficult kick-off times and all the other decisions which are going against us. 

:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

All top managers are like that tbh. Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho are exactly the same. Whinge, whinge, whinge, big siege mentality, everyone's against us, refs give decisions against us all the time, other team's players get away with murder we're as pure as the driven snow etc etc. I wouldn't mind a bit more of that mentality with us, compare that with Keegan's approach wanting to win the league playing fair and with great football and see where it got him!

Most I know are against this particular idea, and if you look at any Liverpool board, like RAWK, the same is true.

On RAWK the idea, Rushian's of this parish I believe, that is popular is giving 96 seats per match to local school kids rather than leave them empty.

as mentioned before, will you give 39 seats to away kids for free

Most I know are against this particular idea, and if you look at any Liverpool board, like RAWK, the same is true.

On RAWK the idea, Rushian's of this parish I believe, that is popular is giving 96 seats per match to local school kids rather than leave them empty.

as mentioned before, will you give 39 seats to away kids for free

Probably ignoring the question out of sympathy for whoever asked it.

Classy reply.

I take it you are one of the fans were talking about then?

Guest elbee909

You mean imply?  Rather than infer? :)

Why is there so much spite at liverpool and its supporters? Go to any liverpool fan forum and you won't be able to find such name calling or hatred directed at any one club (other than Man U/Everton).

Granted there have been liverpool fans acting like idiots but that is one of the negative side effects when you reach major finals. There will always be idiots at such games and their actions will always be associated with the club. Try reaching some major finals or winning something regularly and it's likely you guys will have the same problems.

Why is there so much spite at liverpool and its supporters? Go to any liverpool fan forum and you won't be able to find such name calling or hatred directed at any one club (other than Man U/Everton).

Probably because we don't kill people

Granted there have been liverpool fans acting like idiots but that is one of the negative side effects when you reach major finals. There will always be idiots at such games and their actions will always be associated with the club. Try reaching some major finals or winning something regularly and it's likely you guys will have the same problems.

So they behave like animals because they're successful?

That's a good excuse.  Must remember that one.