The Mirror: Lua Lua wants Toon return

Guest thompers

Guest Howaythetoon

Going back to his refusal to play for us, at the time the club didn't exactly treat him very well. He was told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't wanted. Despite Cort being peddled, Shearer struggling, Bellamy injured and Chopra out on the loan, rather than give Lua Lua a chance, we brought in Michael Bridges instead. I'm not surprised he told us to fuck off when we came begging, cap in hand. His career at Newcastle was over, had he came back, he'd have foregone a move to Portsmouth, a chance to have a career with a decent enough Premiership side.

He'd have been mad to come back a few weeks after being told to fuck off.

Mind his celebration when he scored was a kick in the stones, but which idiot forgot to tell Pompey they couldn't play him against us... I mean you're just asking to be kicked in the stones.

Only at Newcastle :D

Going back to his refusal to play for us, at the time the club didn't exactly treat him very well. He was told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't wanted. Despite Cort being peddled, Shearer struggling, Bellamy injured and Chopra out on the loan, rather than give Lua Lua a chance, we brought in Michael Bridges instead. I'm not surprised he told us to fuck off when we came begging, cap in hand. His career at Newcastle was over, had he came back, he'd have foregone a move to Portsmouth, a chance to have a career with a decent enough Premiership side.

He'd have been mad to come back a few weeks after being told to fuck off.

Mind his celebration when he scored was a kick in the stones, but which idiot forgot to tell Pompey they couldn't play him against us... I mean you're just asking to be kicked in the stones.

Only at Newcastle :D

blueyes.gif

Turned down a deal to stay at Portsmouth. Would anyone have him back here?

he's deffo improved as a player since he's moved on from us

Just about everyone who leaves improves their game.

I'd take him back on the back of more major signings.

its our fans man.  "**** off luque" etc, only if he did actually **** off, then we'd all see what he's capable off.  these players need to be given a chance to prove themselves.

Its Our Fans?????? LuaLua played 59 league games and only scored 5 goals. I think he was given a chance and proved what others have said - glorified sprinter / circus act. And as for Luque can you please explain the fans' contribution to his appaling 1st season in a b+w shirt

59 league games, most of which were 5 -10 minute run outs at the end of games.  he did not play 90 minutes for us or indeed start many games for us at all.

that is correct, I meant to mention that too but forgot.

Maybe he doesn't know ?

Also I heard at the time from a good source that when Lua Lua was asked to come back from his loan spell for the UEFA Cup semi he asked if he would be playing and was told he would only be the bench. Under those circumstances and the ones HTT has already mentioned (if true) you can't blame him for telling Robson where to go.

Guest Morph

AS FOR LUQUE YOU MUST BE FUCKING STUPID.  HE'S MOVED FROM SPAIN TO ENGLAND, WHICH IS A BIG CHANGE FOR SOMEONE WHO HASNT PLAYED OUTSIDE OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY BEFORE.  ALSO, HE WAS FUCKING INJURED FOR CHRISTS SAKE.  JESUS WEPT, JUS COS HE NEVER SCORED A HATFUL OF GOALS FROM LEFT MIDFIELD OF ALL PLACES.

clue required here like.

Also I heard at the time from a good source that when Lua Lua was asked to come back from his loan spell for the UEFA Cup semi he asked if he would be playing and was told he would only be the bench. Under those circumstances and the ones HTT has already mentioned (if true) you can't blame him for telling Robson where to go.

Sadly I don't blame him either, however to say Newcastle are the only club where players don't have disputes is daft  :lol:

AS FOR LUQUE YOU MUST BE FUCKING STUPID.  HE'S MOVED FROM SPAIN TO ENGLAND, WHICH IS A BIG CHANGE FOR SOMEONE WHO HASNT PLAYED OUTSIDE OF THEIR OWN COUNTRY BEFORE.  ALSO, HE WAS FUCKING INJURED FOR CHRISTS SAKE.  JESUS WEPT, JUS COS HE NEVER SCORED A HATFUL OF GOALS FROM LEFT MIDFIELD OF ALL PLACES.

clue required here like.

YEah, the game of football is fundamentally different here, so he coudln't be expected to show even a couple of individual hints that he was such a great player, could he? i mean, the ball is a different shape, the grass is 2 ft shorter, and the pitches are totoally different. Its a different sportm pretty much, and we shouldn't expect a supposedly top player to be actually any good for at least 2 seasons.

Sadly I don't blame him either, however to say Newcastle are the only club where players don't have disputes is daft  :lol:

You've lost me mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye I remember that.

Guest Morph

clue required here like.

YEah, the game of football is fundamentally different here, so he coudln't be expected to show even a couple of individual hints that he was such a great player, could he? i mean, the ball is a different shape, the grass is 2 ft shorter, and the pitches are totoally different. Its a different sportm pretty much, and we shouldn't expect a supposedly top player to be actually any good for at least 2 seasons.

funny cunt.  he scored against sunderland, he scored a decent volley in the shearer game.  scored an offside goal against man utd, quick free kick against cheltenham nearly went in.  i wish people like you would fuck off with regards to players needing to come in from foreign countries and perform straight away.

You've lost me mate.

not aimed at you Alex !!!!!!! Keep your hair on man  :)

PS...sort your quotes out

Not good enough. Are we competing to 'cement a place in mid-table' like a side that's just been promoted or are we going for UEFA Cup/Champions League places next season?

If we go for Lua Lua it'll be a massive statement about our ambition.

Yes, I'm aware it would be a 'temporary measure' etc but he's not going to be content sitting on the bench, we've seen that with him before.

Guest natolars

Sky Sports rated him as Portsmouth's best player last season (05/06).

I was gutted when he left, and I didn't blame him not coming when we came begging for him to come back up here and warm the bench. I have always rated him a hell of a lot higher than Shola and I'm hoping he will come up here again, with Amady Faye going the opposite way. That is actually a brilliant idea.  tongue.gif

clue required here like.

No the game is the same, but its difficult to do much especially for a forward player when you only get to play the last 10-5 mins of a game when the game has either been lost or when the team is defending a lead and not interested in attacking anymore. When he did score against Sunderland, he was promptly dropped fron the squad all together in the next game.

As for your two seasons comment, I have no idea what you mean??? his 2nd season has barely started and in any case it started well for him, 1 goal in 1 game with good overall play.

Guest Smirky

clue required here like.

I repeat my original statement - why do you blame the fans for Luques injury / moving from another country / playing on the left of midfield (whos fucking stupid now?)

Guest optimistic nit

i had him on the back of my shirt. always thought he was underrated when he was with us. bring him back.

i felt this too.

clue required here like.

funny ****.  he scored against sunderland, he scored a decent volley in the shearer game.  scored an offside goal against man utd, quick free kick against cheltenham nearly went in.  i wish people like you would **** off with regards to players needing to come in from foreign countries and perform straight away.

Come on then. Exactly howmany game THIS season shoudl we give him to prove himself? 1? 5? 10? 15? The whole season?

Guest Smirky

Again, are the fans to blame for this???

its our fans man.  "**** off luque" etc, only if he did actually **** off, then we'd all see what he's capable off.  these players need to be given a chance to prove themselves.

Its Our Fans?????? LuaLua played 59 league games and only scored 5 goals. I think he was given a chance and proved what others have said - glorified sprinter / circus act. And as for Luque can you please explain the fans' contribution to his appaling 1st season in a b+w shirt

59 league games, most of which were 5 -10 minute run outs at the end of games.  he did not play 90 minutes for us or indeed start many games for us at all.

Yes.

its OUR fault LuaLua didn't get many full games. Its OUR fault Luque played like a gutless waste of space last season, and its OUR fault that Ameobi is an utter pile of donkey shite. Oh, and we're to blame for Boumsong and Bramble being Championship quality players, too.

Guest optimistic nit

No, but they hardly help matters do they.

some fans are just dim.

Guest Smirky

No, but they hardly help matters do they.

some fans are just dim.

I think you might be right - now you mention it, Chelseas 2 recent championship win are probably nothing to do with Abramovichs' money or Morinho's managerials skills. No I think the Chelsea fans should be applauded for their intelligence, patience and overall support of their team.

Guest Footsoldier

Glad to see that this thread is only asking the question whether you'd have him back and not to say he's coming. No wonder we weren't even considered to be on the TV next season, even gainst the top teams which we' have been for years, if this is the standard of player we're looking at.

Utter bollocks that any of you muppets even want him back here as he was a joke.

Glad to see that this thread is only asking the question whether you'd have him back and not to say he's coming. No wonder we weren't even considered to be on the TV next season, even gainst the top teams which we' have been for years, if this is the standard of player we're looking at.

Utter bollocks that any of you muppets even want him back here as he was a joke.

More of a joke than Ameobi, Boumsong, Bramble, et al? I don't think so.