The Mirror: Lua Lua wants Toon return

Guest thompers

Someone with more creativity than out whole squad put together.

What i'd give to have him up front for us now and i think he's average.

Seriously, I don't know what that's based on. Not saying we're overflowing with creative players (everyone knows we're not) but he's so ordinary I can't believe what I'm reading from some people. He struggled to make an impact in a decent side here, couldn't wait to get away - claiming he couldn't settle in the region, then he said he was off to Greece and reckoned the pace would suit him there as English football doesn't suit players like him (or words to that effect) and now he wants to come back? He probably wouldn't even get a game with our current squad if everyone was available.

Seriously, I don't know what that's based on. Not saying we're overflowing with creative players (everyone knows we're not) but he's so ordinary I can't believe what I'm reading from some people. He struggled to make an impact in a decent side here, couldn't wait to get away - claiming he couldn't settle in the region, then he said he was off to Greece and reckoned the pace would suit him there as English football doesn't suit players like him (or words to that effect) and now he wants to come back? He probably wouldn't even get a game with our current squad if everyone was available.

It was more based on my opinion of our players, as apposed to Lua Lua.

However, looking at Lua Luas attributes, he's a player that likes a trick or to beat someone or have a snap shot. None of our players are doing that atm. Thats why i'd like Oba back, he will shoot from anywhere.

However, looking at Lua Luas attributes, he's a player that likes a trick or to beat someone or have a snap shot. None of our players are doing that atm. Thats why i'd like Oba back, he will shoot from anywhere.

I don't think we need dribblers as such, just midfielders who will pass and move

Guest LucaAltieri

I don't think we need dribblers as such, just midfielders who will pass and move

By far our biggest problem. More movement and accurate passing and we'd have picked up the points we dropped unecessarily. Service to the strikers = goals. We all know Viduka, Owen, Martins, and Shola (to a lesser extent) can put the ball away... we're just not giving them the chances. Our midfield is crap. No more strikers necessary.

By far our biggest problem. More movement and accurate passing and we'd have picked up the points we dropped unecessarily. Service to the strikers = goals. We all know Viduka, Owen, Martins, and Shola (to a lesser extent) can put the ball away... we're just not giving them the chances. Our midfield is crap. No more strikers necessary.

agree.

Guest LucaAltieri

Very hard thing to solve though, innit?

I think an idiot could see that it's where we are lacking when compared to Man Utd/Arsenal, but it takes a lot more than a signing or two to fix.

More than likely... although signing a player who can pick the ball up in the middle of the park, get his head up, and pick out a pass to a player bombing on ahead of him would do wonders for our side.

I think an idiot could see that it's where we are lacking when compared to Man Utd/Arsenal, but it takes a lot more than a signing or two to fix.

More than likely... although signing a player who can pick the ball up in the middle of the park, get his head up, and pick out a pass to a player bombing on ahead of him would do wonders for our side.

Agreed, that would certainly be the first part of the puzzle, but when you look at Arsenal in particular they've been moulded into what they are over a number of years. Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas, van Persie have all been brought into that ethos and have been because they are players who Wenger and his scouts have realised will be able to play that way.

I just hope people aren't expecting us to get anywhere near that level, even by August, it will take a hell of a lot longer than that and even then it's questionable that it's how KK will set us up to play.

Agreed, that would certainly be the first part of the puzzle, but when you look at Arsenal in particular they've been moulded into what they are over a number of years. Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas, van Persie have all been brought into that ethos and have been because they are players who Wenger and his scouts have realised will be able to play that way.

I just hope people aren't expecting us to get anywhere near that level, even by August, it will take a hell of a lot longer than that and even then it's questionable that it's how KK will set us up to play.

Even one key midfielder can make a massive difference. Wenger bought Viera and overnight Arsenal became a different team. Obviously Vieras don't grow on trees but a player in that position is the heartbeat of the team.

if we're looking at fast, short strikers with a bit of trickery (we probably aren't and probably shouldn't be) we could do worse than Sinama Pongolle. He's got a pretty good scoring record in La Liga for a struggling side, is quick, spontaneous and intelligent, been playing up-front alone or even wide-left and doing a farily good job.

if we're looking at fast, short strikers with a bit of trickery (we probably aren't and probably shouldn't be)

Is it ok to stop reading there? :lol:

:lol: I'd think a mobile target man would be the requirement.

if we're looking at fast, short strikers with a bit of trickery (we probably aren't and probably shouldn't be)

Is it ok to stop reading there? :lol:

You don't have to do anything you don't want to, Chez.  :-*

Aye, Tron, someone to play alongside Owen or Martins, not another midget who is incompatible with both of them.