The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif Another thread changes direction for no obvious reason, NE5 can't help himself.   bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

I see you can't help yourself not answering the comments ?  mackems.gif

how many people said at this time last year that Bolton had :

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

2. A better "plan" than us

Whereas......both those points were an absolute load of bollocks.

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Tbf most people predicted Lee would fail as they did Souness. Bolton went with the cheap option as we did with Roeder although its no surprise for them as they have always been a cheap club who couldn't attract much better where as we.....

no, you are re-writing history. Gartside was said by a few people to be superior to Shepherd, because he ran a good club with a good plan, didn't make panic buys, didn't make badly timed managerial appointments etc etc etc

so your point is they've both made mistakes? i'd agree. that one fact doesnt mean the last regime was good for the club though, far from it. seems like you're just clutching at straws now,  and the way you jump on every bit of news possible and try to twist it into shepherds favour is becoming quite frankly, obsessive, he's gone man, move on, mrs shepherd.

poor response.

For simply pointing out a few facts, that don't suit some people.

Aye, for a while there every other thread was about Gartside and his well-run football club.

Precisely, and very predictably quite a lot of people are now saying it wasn't the case  :lol:

Steve Bruce turns the offer down!!  mackems.gif

He turned us down a few years ago too tbh.

Birmingham are a bigger club than Bolton anyway and he's likely to get more money to spend there.

He's on the verged of being sacked, and still turns them down.

Am I the only one who thinks Bruce has done an ok job at Birmingham? Their fans have ideas above their station

I'd take him over Sammy fucking Lee any day. I reckon Jewell will get the Bolton job though, seems obvious to me, him and the club would be well matched.

Am I the only one who thinks Bruce has done an ok job at Birmingham? Their fans have ideas above their station

Delusions of adequacy, innit.

He's done a good job, tbh, but apparently the football is dire to watch.

Delusions of adequacy, innit.

He's done a good job, tbh, but apparently the football is dire to watch.

Didn't look that bad when they tore us to shreds on our own patch. 

Birmingham are a bigger club than Bolton anyway and he's likely to get more money to spend there.

that is correct. I fail to see how people can see that Birmingham haven;'t got the potential to be one of the biggest clubs in the country, it is the 2nd biggest city in the country, it has a huge supporting area, and are owned by 2 of the richest men in the UK.

Underachieving, and ran extremely poorly for decades and decades, is what I would say. I'm saying no more ..........

that is correct. I fail to see how people can see that Birmingham haven;'t got the potential to be one of the biggest clubs in the country, it is the 2nd biggest city in the country, it has a huge supporting area, and are owned by 2 of the richest men in the UK.

Underachieving, and ran extremely poorly for decades and decades, is what I would say. I'm saying no more ..........

They've got new owners now haven't they?

I went there last season when we played them in the cup, empty seats everywhere except in the end we were in, you would have thought they would have a full house against a Premiership side since they were down in the Championship at the time.

Fair point.

However, you know as well as I do that it doesnt always work that way. Perhaps Bristol City will do the same? It has an urban population of over half a million and significantly less competition than Brum.

Know your point but they have never had the fan base to be one of the biggest. Even if they won the league for a few years. Blackburn are smaller but they couldn't sustain there success and their support is as erratic as Brums (albeit smaller). Nottingham Forest are bigger (huge population in the surrounding area too). Both Bristol and Nottingham have bigger populations than us. Leeds Met has the 3rd biggest in the country apparently - they have never been particularly well supported either. Not bad, but not great. Just doesnt work on that basis. There are other factors.

My personal belief is that Sunderland and Newcastle fans both support the City as well as the club. Not sure if that is true of a club like Brum. Think that is why there is the fervour here to some extent.

Not sure you'll agree but sure you'll take the point as it was meant.

Utter bollocks. The same non-football logic that brought Wimbledon to Milton Keynes.

So what if they're in the 2nd city? The fact is the fan base is small and their support of the team is generally poor. It's always been that way whether they were in the top division or the lower leagues, it's not just going to change overnight  for no apparent reason after all these years.

Also, whether it's Gold & Sullivan or Yeung in charge, neither boardroom set-up has the financial muscle to be one of the best sides in the country. I'm pretty sure Randy Lerner is comfortably richer than both. Then you've got the top 4 clubs, Spurs, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham who all have bigger support, bigger financial turnover and/or richer owners.

Birmingham's potential support is odd.

Firstly, they've never had more than the faintest whiff of success. One league cup in, what, 120 years.

Secondly, yes, they're in a huge population area, but their support is actually drawn from a relatively small pool. Almost exclusively from the working class, inner city areas of the south side of Birmingham. You won't find any of them from the north of the city.

Albion, by comparison, have a pool of latent support across the black country (West Brom, Sandwell, Dudley) which is far bigger. Villa draw a lot of support from north Birmingham and, crucially, have considerably more passive, untapped ('go a few times a year at most') support from the areas around Birmingham and some way down the M5 and M40 corridors. That's why they're always calling us 'out of towners' and to some extent it is true.

I'm not one to defend the vile, under-evolved, 6 fingered trolls, but I will admit that they've had quite possibly the worst collection of owners over decades now of any football club - a procession of the unambitious, exploitative or incapable.

Their ticket prices are absurd. 45 quid to watch them play Man United and us, and they've been taking the piss on prices for years now. Sullivan and the Golds have a combined worth of 7-800m. They're very, very rich indeed, but their investment has been relatively piddling.

Also worth noting is that they have absolutely no history whatsoever, none at all, and they're surrounded by clubs in the west (and east) midlands who have plenty by comparison. Draw a 50 mile radius from the centre of Birmingham and see how many decent sized clubs with a bit of history there are, then look at Blues, and you get an idea of why they're up against it.

My personal belief is that Sunderland and Newcastle fans both support the City as well as the club. Not sure if that is true of a club like Brum. Think that is why there is the fervour here to some extent.

What do you mean by this?

I'm genuinely interested, by the way, not spoiling for a fight or owt.

Guest geordie53

Deena if its already been mentioned but see at the bottom of the article it lists Graeme Souness as being linked with the club.

What a great appointment that would be..  O0

Utter bollocks. The same non-football logic that brought Wimbledon to Milton Keynes.

So what if they're in the 2nd city? The fact is the fan base is small and their support of the team is generally poor. It's always been that way whether they were in the top division or the lower leagues, it's not just going to change overnight  for no apparent reason after all these years.

Also, whether it's Gold & Sullivan or Yeung in charge, neither boardroom set-up has the financial muscle to be one of the best sides in the country. I'm pretty sure Randy Lerner is comfortably richer than both. Then you've got the top 4 clubs, Spurs, Man City, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham who all have bigger support, bigger financial turnover and/or richer owners.

To clarify. You think if Birmingham had good directors, and a top manager like Arsene Wenger and won some trophies, they would not fill a 60,000 stadium at least  :lol:

There is only one person talking utter bollocks here mate, and it isn't me.

They are shite because they have been run by shite people. End of story.

Bruce knows he is on the way out soon. Most Blues fans I know want shot of him as soon as possible in any case.

Funny situation.

Aye, absolutely crazy situation, I mean what sort of club would want and actively pursue another manager that it is generally acknowledged to be crap and on his way out......

apart from us of course  :-[

Fair point.

However, you know as well as I do that it doesnt always work that way. Perhaps Bristol City will do the same? It has an urban population of over half a million and significantly less competition than Brum.

Know your point but they have never had the fan base to be one of the biggest. Even if they won the league for a few years. Blackburn are smaller but they couldn't sustain there success and their support is as erratic as Brums (albeit smaller). Nottingham Forest are bigger (huge population in the surrounding area too). Both Bristol and Nottingham have bigger populations than us. Leeds Met has the 3rd biggest in the country apparently - they have never been particularly well supported either. Not bad, but not great. Just doesnt work on that basis. There are other factors.

Not sure you'll agree but sure you'll take the point as it was meant.

I understand your point. Historically, and traditionally, they have not done anything. But the catchment area they have is bigger than most if they had the right people running the club.

I completely agree with what you say about Sunderland and Newcastle. For me, both of us would piss all over almost everybody if we won half the cups that Manu and Liverpool have done over the years, and we wouldn't need any day tripper tourists to fill the stadiums either.

Birmingham simply MUST have potential, and I think it is to the eternal shame of all the owners they have ever had that they have done absolutely nothing