Jump to content

Manxst

Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Manxst

  1. http://outsideoftheboot.com/2020/05/28/tactical-philosophy-paulo-fonseca/ hmmmm….this part stood out… ”As a result, it is imperative to have centre backs comfortable in bringing the ball out of defence and breaking the lines with forward passes.”. It’ll have to be a busy January transfer window!
  2. Imagine the body fat percentage comparison… I bet Ronaldo has never touched bacon or Lurpak in his life.
  3. IF he’d leave PSG and come, then yes. Top choice for me. But I doubt he’d come (at the current time).
  4. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/newcastle-united-job-interested-thomas-tuchel-in-2015-vvr78j2w8 would've come in 2015, but we didn’t even bother speaking to him and appointed McClaren instead. Think he holds us in high regard though. One day, maybe.
  5. And….BINGO!! “Bruce said he had not contemplated his future since the protracted takeover was announced on October 7th but admitted he had after finishing 12th in the Premier League last season - an improvement on 13th in his first season in charge. “I thought after matching the previous manager (Rafa Benitez), can I take it forward, can I get any better than this…””
  6. The ones who know they’re onto a good thing with their days off, lax training, get selected no matter what etc will obviously like him. The ones with potential who feel like they need to progress either via training or pitch time will be glad of him going, I presume.
  7. Or out the door to a championship club who can afford his wages.
  8. Manxst

    Players in public

    Snow White for £5 a bag? Lolz.
  9. I’m a few years once someone else has sorted it, and got their finances straightened out. There’s no way Pep will want to be there with little chance of silverware and title hunting to add to his CV, no matter how much he loves the club.
  10. “Mood darkens around St James' Park with lack of clarity over Steve Bruce's future Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund understood to be confused as to why Newcastle would sack Steve Bruce with no replacement lined up ByLuke Edwards13 October 2021 • 7:00pm Steve Bruce took training for a second successive day after holding a meeting with Newcastle United’s new owners as morale among staff and players began to be affected by the growing uncertainty. Bruce had been expected to be sacked when he met the two most prominent members of the consortium, Amanda Staveley and her husband Mehrdad Ghodoussi, on Monday. But instead of removing him from a position he has held since July 2019 they asked him for his thoughts about the squad and talked about their plans for the future. Telegraph Sport understands there was no firm decision taken on whether to replace him as manager before or during that meeting, with Bruce informed he would hear from them again within the next 24 hours. That call has not been made as the consortium are waiting for an answer as to whether to sack Bruce or keep him in place for the Tottenham Hotspur game on Sunday, which would be the former Manchester United captain’s 1,000th as a manager. Worryingly, training ground sources have said the mood has darkened in the last couple of days, with coaches fearing they are about to lose their jobs and players lacking focus because of the lack of clarity. Both players and staff are taking a day off on Thursday and that surely represents the moment to reveal whether Bruce is going to stay on or not. Sources close to consortium members continue to insist that a change of manager will be made before the weekend, but the power lies with chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan and he will make that call, not those based in the UK. It is understood there has been some confusion within Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund as to why they would make a change in manager when they do not have a replacement lined up. Bruce was thanked for keeping the club in the Premier League under difficult circumstances during the meeting on Monday and it is believed that was a message the Saudis were particularly keen to convey. Although all the indicators up to this point have been that Bruce will lose his job it is not beyond the realms of possibility that he will be asked to stay on for the time being – at least until the new owners have found someone to replace him. Meanwhile, in a positive looking move, Newcastle are understood to have made contact with Brian Marwood about taking up a position at St James’ Park. The 61-year-old played a key role in the transformation of Manchester City where he is currently managing director of global football for the whole City network of clubs. It is not known whether Marwood would like a new challenge but he is from the North East and his family still live in the area.”
  11. Chelsea have paid nearly £95m to sack their managers- they had to pay Mourinho £23m alone. If big clubs deem it important enough to have a change of manager, the money to pay them off is irrelevant.
  12. Todays news is pretty heartbreaking- hope the lad gets well and is back up and playing again soon.
  13. Because we’re now an exciting project ourselves with literally a blank canvas and infinite amount of money with which to sculpt the future if this great club in their own vision. If all goes to plan, we’ll be bigger than PSG, Man City, Man Utd, and certainly Brighton, and the chance to be there from the start of this journey and guide the club on its path to true greatness must (should!) be a HUGE pull.
  14. Be an improvement on Bruce…
  15. Plus, they’ve been in financial difficulties for the last few years (hence the continued rumours of a takeover and selling off best players like Lukaku). Unlike ourselves, no firm bid has ever been reported in that time, when a takeover would’ve been easily passed compared to our own.
  16. IF it happened, then imo it’s simply the same as the Red Bull club umbrella, or the City group (albeit in a grander scale).
  17. Bigger maybe in terms of titles and trophies, especially in recent history, but the Premier League is where the riches lie. The TV deal, sponsorships, audiences all dwarf Serie A. If they want to either make money, or do their ‘sportswashing’, then Newcastle will undoubtedly be the ‘top’ club.
  18. Know he’s a Steve…but Harper is a first team coach, isn’t he? Let’s see how he does from the dugout on Sunday.
  19. “For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.”
  20. Just been continuously injured hasn’t he? Along with Umtiti. Plus, big earner and they’ll want rid if he never plays.
  21. Why? McClaren was sacked three days before the next game (I think?). Im sure others were even closer to a game.
  22. 35m euro buy back clause was bought out in his last contract, apparently? (According to Fabrizio Romano anyway) edit- and here… https://lastwordonsports.com/football/2021/07/01/alexandre-isaks-real-sociedad-contract/amp/
  23. If we’re thinking about Lampard, we might as well add Rooney to the list
×
×
  • Create New...