-
Posts
2,460 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by nbthree3
-
In video form
-
Bit of a mess
-
Looks like the Americans are winning out The sanctioning of Roman Abramovich is set to spark a shootout between three American-led groups who are bidding to save Chelsea from the threat of financial armageddon. It is understood that Raine have received around 150 enquiries from individuals or groups claiming to be interested in buying Chelsea, but that, so far, three have emerged as the most serious. American billionaire Todd Boehly, together with Hansjorg Wyss and another businessman, have made an official bid for Chelsea between £2billion and £2.5bn, which remains on the table and is being treated as a serious, realistic proposal. The other two parties who are being treated as the most serious bidders are the Ricketts family, who own the Chicago Cubs baseball team, and the owner of the New York Jets, Woody Johnson.
-
If the first thing that comes up with a search is this she can't be that bad a choice https://www.lcfc.com/news/2267094/lcfc-double-at-football-business-awards-as-susan-whelan-is-named-ceo-of-the-year Leicester City’s Susan Whelan was named CEO of the Year at the 2021 Football Business Awards in London on Thursday, as the Club celebrated a number of commendations from its industry peers. Having been named Premier League CEO of the Year in the divisional categories earlier in the afternoon, Susan was selected the overall winner by the judges for her work in leading the Club through one of the most challenging seasons the industry has ever faced.
-
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1501271837195517956?s=20&t=1-Xy1P8q2tnaZpkAT2e3Cw Everton are yet to release their accounts for 2021-22, but their last set of accounts showed that the club paid £165million in wages and while that figure may have dropped, it is common knowledge that they are among the highest payers in the Premier League. Outside the top six, Everton’s wage bill is believed to be the highest in the division with Yerry Mina, Andre Gomes, Jordan Pickford and Richarlison all thought to be earning just over or around £100,000-a-week, with Dominic Calvert-Lewin not far behind. One source told Telegraph Sport: “Everton didn’t dream they would be in this position, but if they go down it could be a financial disaster.” Relegation would leave Everton, whose last accounts showed a £140m loss, with little option but to try to cash in on some of their biggest earners and would end any hope of signing on-loan Donny van de Beek permanently. But while they would be able to cut some costs, they still face having to pay £10m for Dele Alli once the former Tottenham Hotspur star has played 20 games which he cannot do until next season. Not looking good if they go down
-
https://news.williamhill.com/football/amanda-staveley-building-exciting-brand-of-football-at-newcastle/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic-social&utm_campaign=tw-f3-organic-football&utm_content=na&utm_targetcountry=uk “We think Newcastle can go to the top of the Premier League and the top of the Champions League, but it’s not just about winning the trophies,” said Staveley. “It’s about building brilliant, sustainable football every week. Exciting, attacking football that the fans deserve. It’s been an incredible journey for us, and it wouldn’t have happened without the support of the Public Investment Fund. “We’re a small part of it, and I’m just very grateful for all the support the PIF have given us in making sure we can do the work that we needed to do in the transfer window and beyond.” “We’re just so pleased for him [Eddie Howe], because the day we interviewed him we just knew he was the perfect manager and he’s just had the most incredible run of success, but a huge amount of work has gone into that,” she said. “He’s really diligent, and he works so hard with the lads. I spent a lot of time with him in Saudi Arabia, which was lovely, when we were travelling, and I got to really understand his training methods, but he works incredibly hard and that’s why the results are there. But equally so, a great manager needs a great team and we’ve just been so impressed with the boys and that’s important.” “They’ve settled so well,” she said. “It’s always difficult when you make a lot of changes and transitions in the January transfer window…the window is illiquid anyway and….to be honest I think a lot of the teams just didn’t want to sell players, especially European teams, and Eddie knew exactly what he wanted. “We set up a transfer committee and we obviously don’t have a Director of Football at the minute, so we did that work in house and [head of recruitment] Steve Nickson’s team have been amazing and we all just sort of worked together and everyone’s settled brilliantly.” She said: “It’s incredible [the support]. I mean every day and obviously going into the city…we feel so at home here. I fell in love with Newcastle the first time I came, and the people have just been extraordinary. So, the welcome we’ve had is just unique and we’re very grateful and privileged to work for the club and I hope we can deliver some great results in the years to come.”
-
Rafa had very little spend in the summer but the squad was 10th with 59 points for the most part last season. They probably won't make half of that at this rate so clearly something went wrong between Ancelotti leaving and now. Injuries fair enough did impact them a lot but season went off the rails post-September
-
https://twitter.com/NizaarKinsella/status/1500897662727512067 https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/saudi-consortium-enter-race-to-buy-gbp3bn-valued-chelsea/blt514be0357c6769eb A Saudi private consortium led by Saudi Media registered their interest yesterday to buy Chelsea from Roman Abramovich through Raine Group, a New York merchant bank that has been hired to find a buyer. Although it is not known who the individual backers are at this stage, Saudi Media are a fund that is heavily involved in funding media, advertising and sports brands across the world. However, their main content offering is for the pan-Arab broadcasting market. The company has offices in both Dubai, UAE and Saudi Arabia itself. One barrier to their success in claiming Chelsea might be the caution around accepting any bids from a 'politically sensitive' party.
-
I think tied with Man Utd but fact stands
-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10581493/Newcastle-United-preparing-50m-form-French-winger-Moussa-Diaby-Bayer-Leverkusen.html Newcastle United are preparing a £50million move for Bayer Leverkusen's in-form French winger Moussa Diaby. The 22-year-old has been on the club's radar for a number of months and was watched again on Saturday as he figured for Leverkusen in their 1-1 draw at Bayern Munich. Diaby has scored 15 goals in 31 appearances this season so Newcastle stepping up their interest is no surprise but they are wary of increased competition and Leverkusen's asking price. Newcastle are understood to be willing to offer around £50m for the France international but Leverkusen are reputed to value him closer to £75m they received from Chelsea for Kai Havertz in 2020. They remain in the market for another centre forward despite signing Chris Wood and are among the clubs to have posted an interest in Everton's England international Dominic Calvert-Lewin.
-
I think that's 3 wins in 22 for Brighton, they've lost 7 and drawn 12
-
Signed on a free - even that was too expensive at times before Howe, what a relief we've got someone who can get the best out of him
-
7th to 18th of March from the top of my head
-
Thankfully Mark did
-
Staveley's speaking later today, someone on the NUFC hashtag says just after 3pm