More Ashley Nonsense

Guest Guinness

Ashley probably has slapped a £225m figure on the club, because he'd be mad not to sell it for that, and it means they must really want it, more than he wants it so who is he to stop them?

Who else has come into football and made £50m in 3 months then fuked off again? The fee alone must be a record nevermind the time scale!

Kemsley, speaking from his yacht in the south of France, then scotched all talk that he wants to topple chairman Levy and assume control of the club himself.

And he laughed off reports that he has teamed up with multi-millionaire chum Ashley to try to seize control at White Hart Lane.

Kemsley added: "I am a great admirer of Daniel and what he has done for this club. The report that I'm teaming up with Mike to take charge is just nonsense.

"Yes, Mike is my best friend and has been from the time we worked together in a sports shop as teenagers. But he's not a Tottenham fan and I know he is totally committed to Newcastle.

"Me? I always have been a Spurs fan so I would love it if we could stuff Newcastle 4-0 when we play them and, friends or not, I would laugh straight in Mike's face."

I'm so glad these quotes have emerged today. Certainly shows the Express reporter yesterday putting his foot in his mouth.

Sadly, even if Ashley came out himself and said he was commited to Newcastle then painted his house black and white and ploughed a billion pounds into the club, journalists would still say he was considering selling the club.

It'll be the same with Ashley and Owen for a long long time. The journalists will keep trying to unsettle them both saying they both want to be away. I'm taking it with a pinch a salt - come this time next year, I expect them both to still be here.

Could you have kept your shares?

yes, but I was running the risk of them being worthless. I chose to sell them while I could, and because it became obvious he was going to buy them all up.

Its a double edged sword, I liked having shares and being a shareholder, but it was time to move on and hope it was all in the clubs best interests at the same time, is how I saw it.

All I am doing here BTW, is expressing concern at the comments that Allardyce has made concering support etc from the board. You would have to be pretty naive to dismiss them. We have had good managers before who walked for lack of support. None of our managers EVER said this when the Halls and Shepherd ran the club. If you choose to ignore this because you don't want to consider the possibility that this could happen, its your prerogative. I want Newcastle United to win things and couldn't give a rats arse who owns the club and what their public profile is, to a degree. I've said this often enough, and I'm sure that YOU should have seen it. I'll believe Ashley actually has high ambitions for the club - unlike many others who are taking it for granted -

when I see more concrete evidence.

Nowt wrong with that.

hang on....if it was "obvious" he was going to buy them all up anyway(i'm guessing you mean he had enough to enforce a sale),which he has to buy at the price he set,how can you say they were running the risk of them "being worthless" ?

He could have chosen not to sell, and ended up with worthless paper, and Ashley still owning the club anyway.

But instead he heroically cashed them in!

did you buy shares in the club you say you support ?

If not, why not ?

And would YOU throw away 400 quid  mackems.gif

from .cock

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley was in the stands cheering on the Magpies during Sunday's 2-2 draw with North East rivals Middlesbrough.

The billionaire businessman, watching the Geordies for the first time, was even sporting his black and white colours complete with the name and number of one of his Toon signings - "Smith - 17".

And United gaffer Sam Allardyce said afterwards that Mr Ashley certainly appeared to enjoy himself - especially given his celebration when Charles N'Zogbia opened the scoring in the first-half.

"He appeared to have a good time, especially when the first goal went in, anyway," said Big Sam.

"It was nice to see him here for the first time - and he hasn't tried to hide away because he was standing there with his Newcastle shirt on.

"It's great to see him. There is obviously lots of speculation around what he is doing, but as far as I am concerned, with he and Chris, we are moving the club forward as quickly as we possibly can."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1100027,00.html

Chose Smith for the back of his shirt :D

yes, but I was running the risk of them being worthless. I chose to sell them while I could, and because it became obvious he was going to buy them all up.

Its a double edged sword, I liked having shares and being a shareholder, but it was time to move on and hope it was all in the clubs best interests at the same time, is how I saw it.

All I am doing here BTW, is expressing concern at the comments that Allardyce has made concering support etc from the board. You would have to be pretty naive to dismiss them. We have had good managers before who walked for lack of support. None of our managers EVER said this when the Halls and Shepherd ran the club. If you choose to ignore this because you don't want to consider the possibility that this could happen, its your prerogative. I want Newcastle United to win things and couldn't give a rats arse who owns the club and what their public profile is, to a degree. I've said this often enough, and I'm sure that YOU should have seen it. I'll believe Ashley actually has high ambitions for the club - unlike many others who are taking it for granted -

Nowt wrong with that.

hang on....if it was "obvious" he was going to buy them all up anyway(i'm guessing you mean he had enough to enforce a sale),which he has to buy at the price he set,how can you say they were running the risk of them "being worthless" ?

He could have chosen not to sell, and ended up with worthless paper, and Ashley still owning the club anyway.

If not, why not ?

Of course I wouldn't throw away 400 quid.

But I also wouldn't feebly tout the fact as "proof" that I was happy for Ashley to replace Shepherd.

Nowt wrong with that.

If not, why not ?

But I also wouldn't feebly tout the fact as "proof" that I was happy for Ashley to replace Shepherd.

Good. I wouldn't feebly tout the fact that someone sold shares in the club as indicative of a lack of committment to the club, or suggest they should accept a loss to show some sort of perverse loyalty. I happily sold my shares, for reasons that I have explained.

So, did you buy shares yourself, or not ?

And, did you put in to buy them in 1991 too, seeing as you are a "long term supporter" ?

Nowt wrong with that.

If not, why not ?

Good. I wouldn't feebly tout the fact that someone sold shares in the club as indicative of a lack of committment to the club, or suggest they should accept a loss to show some sort of perverse loyalty. I happily sold my shares, for reasons that I have explained.

And, did you put in to buy them in 1991 too, seeing as you are a "long term supporter" ?

No, I didn't buy shares.

But if I had done I wouldn't feebly tout the fact as "proof" that someone who hadn't was therefore not a supporter.

You don't half come out with some stupid drivel.

How much did you lose on your shares, btw?

think I paid 500, and got 380. Over the decade we had divis etc which probably made up the difference and a bit more. Like most people I didn't expect to make any money so just wanted them to have them though. If they had ever been making money, I'd have probably bought more.

Nowt wrong with that.

If not, why not ?

No, I didn't buy shares.

But if I had done I wouldn't feebly tout the fact as "proof" that someone who hadn't was therefore not a supporter.

You don't half come out with some stupid drivel.

But you did.

And , ditto ie stupid drivel  ;D

wouldn't it be great to know the truth about the stories we've heard since the takeover?

firstly what are ashley's intentions?  short and long term...?  financial and football?

secondly, and more importantly, if none of it's (selling up) true then WHY THE f*** do the journalists bother making up stuff about NUFC when they're predominantly based in the South?

from my point of view it's unthinkable that a businessman like ashley would invest such a sum of money so fast in a club only to sell up unless he had already guaranteed the sell-on at a massive profit....we all know he's not a spurs/toon fan but a shrewd businessman so what the f*** would make him sell up and go to spurs? 

his mate being there, not likely...no sentiment in business

spurs being a better prospect than NUFC...don't make me laugh; to compete with other clubs they'll need to build a stadium like, er, we've already got and have a profile throughout europe and the world like, er, we've already got...to name but two reasons

so what is it?  i'm f***** if i know but if they taught me in journalism 101 to make up such a pile of s*** i'd have walked out and become a binman...a four year-old wouldn't come up with such s****!

To sell papers, man. How hard is that to understand? If you notice, every f****** Sunday there is some EXCLUSIVE in one of the red-tops, some outlandish story designed to get to #1 on NewsNow and more importantly to sell lots of papers to people who love to read something, anything about Newcastle United. It's not just us who gets this treatment from the papers, despite what some people will have you believe, I'm sure MJ, brummie, Dr. Spec, 1878, SAFC and others will come on and say exactly the same - that their club gets dross written about it on a regular basis, especially in the Sunday rags.

Ask yourself how many weekends go by where we don't feature in anything paper-wise, apart from a match preview/review, and then think about why this is. Just because a lot are based in the South doesn't mean they don't need to flog papers in the North East.

I don't think it's that hard to believe that journalists, qualified or not, do this sort of thing because they get massive f***-off wage packets from their national papers and help their employers to sell more and more copy to idiots who believe everything they write. They aren't writing for the good of their health or to report the facts, they are writing to keep their jobs, their massive wages and to keep selling papers for their employer.

It's the nature of the business, by and large, although some are obviously worse than others and it's why after initial interest in becoming a sports journalist myself/a fair bit of research into what it entails, I've veered away from that path altogether.

yeah, cheers for that, to sell papers....never thought of that 'cause i'm a fucken idiot

i suppose i was pondering the thought process more than anything but never spelt it out enough...what i mean is you're sitting in london wanting to sell papers in the north-east, how do you get to the point of writing something totally and utterly invented?

especially, as i said, something as stupid ad claiming ashley is gonna sell the club 2 months afer buying it

bit of rhetorical question all told, and as you point out getting well paid for writing utter garbage probably helps them sleep at night

capitalism 101 as well ain't it?  if there's no market for unfounded shite to be written then it doesn't get written...so i suppose there's only the people who believe this type of nonsence to blame