Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle - 26/08/07 - Post match reaction from page 18

Dave

I don't think we have many racist fans, but it was such a stupid thing to do and is going to be blown out of all proportion we'll end up looking fucking awful. The shoe-bomber lookalike excuse is fucking feeble, and if you don't think so, imagine having to explain it to one of your Asian mates if you were ever asked about it.

It's only silly to compare someone to someone he looks like if you know that it'll be interpreted as a racist remark. Those who sang it knew some people would take it the wrong way but sang it anyway, and that's pretty stupid. But then, a lot of pretty stupid people do attend football matches. The media will jump on this and make all sorts of generalisations about the fans at the ground. The whole thing is pretty cringeworthy.

I wasn't there and didn't hear any racist chanting on the telly, but if it went on, I think it's unacceptable. As it wasn't picked up on the telly, I'd have to assume that it was a small minority of people doing it, and therefore for Southgate to imply otherwise is wrong.

The 'Mido is a Paedo' was inevitible though.

At the end of the day, Newcastle aren't the first club that have a minority of fans stupid enough to sing chants like that and they sure as hell won't be the last club.

I just find it fucking annoying that fans do it all the time then when we get caught doing it, there is absolute outroar and demands for fines and reduced ticket allocations and crap like that.

These stupid fans are all over Europe. It's life. Boro fans should just get over it.

ps. We actually think Mido looks more like Sayid from TV's Lost (see below) - feel free to send your Mido lookalikes to us at the usual contact address (see top left for contact details).

:lol:

Christ that stupid mackem cow really does need a good f****** slap. If Arca's the reincarnation of Maradona Louise, why couldn't he keep you up? Stupid slag.

Appalling sexism tbh

lived and worked in saudi arabia for a long time and, YES the mido chants were rascist- if he looked like the shoe bomber and wasn't a muslim it might have been all right.

that said though, i still have a lot of saudi mates and we're always making jokes about terrorism and islam- but it's a trust thing and 3,000 fans shouting slurs at mido is hardly the same thing.

Totally, banter with your mates is one thing, you understand the limits in a close social group, if you're told you're out of order you can apologise and carry on. A few here are defending these chants with the banter excuse, we live in a world with real ethnic and religious hatred, a bit of chanting is the thin end of some serious problems, repeat it enough and our kids grow up thinking this is fine behaviour.

Christ that stupid mackem cow really does need a good f****** slap. If Arca's the reincarnation of Maradona Louise, why couldn't he keep you up? Stupid slag.

Appalling sexism tbh

To be fair if she had stayed in the kitchen like she was supposed to none of this would have happened.

Her fault!

Appalling sexism tbh

To be fair if she had stayed in the kitchen like she was supposed to none of this would have happened.

Her fault!

And Mido should have stayed herding camels round the pyramids - His fault !

Probably get ripped to bits for my outrageous rascist diatribe  :rolleyes: but little difference in the tenor of our posts

can someone actually tell me what the actual wording of the chants were? i hate racism but i cant see how "mido is a paedo" is racist- someone enlighten me.

"Mido, he's got a bomb Mido..."

"Mido is a terrorist, Mido is a terrorist la la la"

"Blow in a minute, He's gonna blow in minute, blow in a minute, He's gonna blow in minute"

"You're going down with Bin Laden"

can someone actually tell me what the actual wording of the chants were? i hate racism but i cant see how "mido is a paedo" is racist- someone enlighten me.

"Mido, he's got a bomb Mido..."

"Mido is a terrorist, Mido is a terrorist la la la"

"Blow in a minute, He's gonna blow in minute, blow in a minute, He's gonna blow in minute"

"You're going down with Bin Laden"

well all those 4 he had good reason to be pissed off, however as a professional he shouldnt have acted in the way he did. however i hope it was only several supporters. ive been to 4 away games and although thats perhaps not many ive always thought of toon fans as well behaved, but very loud- never would have imaagined racism. they dont seem the type to do that- can you imagine a gerodie riot? thought not.

Guest Phil K

Mountains out of Molehills

Or should that be "Midohills" ?

I'd put a smiley to that but I doubt the whiners would see the joke.

Humour byepass......

But Dave - you have it spot on.

4 goals and poor game.

If we had some fucker with any pace, guile or awareness rather than James f****** Milner we might have a chance.

James Milner is one of our best players tbh.

That statement is, sadly, not too inaccurate. How the mighty have fallen! Jesus Wept. What have we come to when we can agree a bloke with the legs of a biffmobile and accuracy of a politician is rated as one of the best?

Bring back Robert, Dyer and Solano Mk1. We have enough Gary Speeds tbh

like milner but his crossing is appalling

I agree... He's made some great crosses, but imo they are s*** too many times...

Even the best crossers of the ball in the world have more shit ones than good ones.

It's a case of putting in the really telling one enough times to make up for the poor ones, and Milner has put in a few cracking crosses and seems to be getting better at them all the time.

It's not his crossing that holds him back, it's his lack of pace that really kills him. He'll never be a top player out wide IMO, especially in a 4-3-3. If we go 4-4-2 then I'd have him down the right, but since we blatantly won't I'd rather see him moved infield.

like milner but his crossing is appalling

I agree... He's made some great crosses, but imo they are s*** too many times...

Even the best crossers of the ball in the world have more s*** ones than good ones.

It's a case of putting in the really telling one enough times to make up for the poor ones, and Milner has put in a few cracking crosses and seems to be getting better at them all the time.

It's not his crossing that holds him back, it's his lack of pace that really kills him. He'll never be a top player out wide IMO, especially in a 4-3-3. If we go 4-4-2 then I'd have him down the right, but since we blatantly won't I'd rather see him moved infield.

Bench might be better.