Mike Ashley at the game today...

kirkwdavis2001

Guest Bramble OG

i see hes got the stadium covered in Sportsdirect.com adverts too...shirt sales in the club shop will be going down :)

FUCK OFF!:

Ashley: My Toon delight

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley made his first public appearance at St James’ Park last night – and he loved it.

Indeed in his first comments about United since taking over the club in May, Ashley told me after the 2-0 Carling Cup victory over Barnsley : “It does not get much better than this and I really enjoyed the night.”

Despite turning up at Middlesbrough on Sunday, it still came as a surprise to see Ashley sitting in the directors’ box in his black-and-white shirt again – and for a man with a reputation as a recluse he could not have made a more public entrance in front of the United fans.

He was up on his feet and cheering, especially when Michael Owen scored United’s first goal in the 57th minute.

And when I put it to him that he was the first on his feet and jumping all over his “minder,” the United supremo agreed, saying: “I could not wait for the ball to go in, and when it did it only added to the enjoyment.”

Ashley made a point of shaking United legend Malcolm Macdonald by the hand, although he did refuse a request to do a radio interview with the former striker.

This led SuperMac to say: “I don't honestly know why Mike wanted to talk to me. Perhaps he is young enough to remember my time at Arsenal when I usually scored against Newcastle and always did against Spurs.”

The Spurs reference from Macdonald is topical because Ashley’s best friend Paul Kemsley is vice- chairman at White Hart Lane.

So for the second time in four days Sam Allardyce found himself sitting next to Ashley and the United boss told me: “It was nice to see him here. He is an extremely busy man, of course.

“But he enjoys his football that is obvious and plain for everyone to see.

“I am glad he enjoyed his night and glad we helped him enjoy it by winning and scoring two goals against Barnsley.”

With all eyes on Ashley, no-one seemed to notice Abdoulaye Faye sitting on the other side of the aisle last night – even though the Senegalese international was wearing a white suit.

But now Faye will soon be wearing a black-and-white shirt with his £2m transfer from Bolton Wanderers finally expected to go through today.

Big Sam said last night: “Abdoulaye had his medical today and hopefully the rest of it all will be tied up tomorrow to give us what will be a very important addition to our squad.”

Whether Faye will be joined by Marseille right-back Habib Beye remains to be seen.

United have trailed Beye for most of the summer but the Senegalese international was not too keen.

But now, with Stephen Carr and Peter Ramage picking up bad injuries, the deal could be back on.

Allardyce said: “There is interest but we don’t know whether Marseille want to sell him to us or not.”

United will realise that Beye used them to get a better deal at Marseille and if they have to come closer to home, Chelsea’s Glenn Johnson would be a useful acquisition.

How the hell did Alan Oliver manage to get a first public interview with Ashley since he took over the club? That's balls that :lol:

He got one line out of him, I wouldn't really call that an interview, though Oliver would probably disagree.

Has no one else noticed that he has ceen citing from public interviews (from Newcastle World, Skysports etc.) but adds "Allardyce told me", "when speaking to" quite a lot recently...

He got one line out of him, I wouldn't really call that an interview, though Oliver would probably disagree.

Has no one else noticed that he has ceen citing from public interviews (from Newcastle World, Skysports etc.) but adds "Allardyce told me", "when speaking to" quite a lot recently...

He's always done it. Makes it sound like all of the players go out of their way to stop and sit down with Oliver and give a full and frank interview. He leaves out the part where he's sat in a Press Conference with a dozen other journalists :lol:

I was looking at an article yesterday by him about the signing of Faye and the quotes he used were the same as I read on Sky Sports website the day before.

He's definitely out in the cold, I wouldn't blame the club either for some of the unsettling he does of our players.

Been doing that for ages now Isegrim. Sad t***. :lol:

Bit harsh like, Isegrim's a good lad even if he doesn't like Emre. :smitten:

Speaking of it. Hurryet (probably the most credible of Turkish not very reliable newspapers) quoted Emre after the latest international as looking for a move to Galatalarasaray in winter.

Now Turkish press, that's a place where Oliver would really fit in...

"A quick decision was then taken to modify our policy to allow only football club owners to wear their team's colours."

:lol:

Be funny if Niall the Pile and Steve Gibbo rocked up in their kits and got rejected after another "quick policy change".

Guest Guinness

Yeah, I did meet them, was in the VIP bit, was talking to them all for ages.

Any interesting stuff come out of the convo?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yeah, I did meet them, was in the VIP bit, was talking to them all for ages.

Anything interesting to tell?

That is the stuff of legends

"A quick decision was then taken to modify our policy to allow only football club owners to wear their team's colours."

:lol:

mackems.gif

I said wheres Sam? he replied with "he's probably in bed!" laughing and joking about. You could tell he has alot of passion for the game, and was talking to me as if he a fan, rather than the game. I dropped Riquelmes name in, but he said it was upto Sam. He loves Alan Smith, said "he's the future" I was well drunk but either Mort or Ashley were going on about Nicky Butt's performance.

Said we are getting "that fella from bolton, and some french bloke"

He's just a legend, I think I told him so about 50 times.

Unbelievable.

A recluse for the best part of 40 years then all of a sudden Newcastle, the club and the City drag him out into the world and he sounds like he's having a class time with it as well.

This can only mean good things for this club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I said wheres Sam? he replied with "he's probably in bed!" laughing and joking about. You could tell he has alot of passion for the game, and was talking to me as if he a fan, rather than the game. I dropped Riquelmes name in, but he said it was upto Sam. He loves Alan Smith, said "he's the future" I was well drunk but either Mort or Ashley were going on about Nicky Butt's performance.

Some french bloke! Thats class.

Andy: Ashley i love you, your a legend

Ashley: No you are Andy

Andy: No you are

Class!

Guest Guinness

:lol: good stuff