Mike Ashley at the game today...

kirkwdavis2001

Sums up Setanta that they didn't seem to notice Ashley was there

They mentioned him being there a couple of times.

They definately didn't notice him the first time they showed Big Sam, but by the next time, they zoomed right in on him. I was glad to see him there. I've felt uneasy by the new regime, but this was nice. Exactly what I like to see in an owner: a fan with lots of money, sitting two seats down from a brilliant coach who will tell him where to spend it.  ;D

.cock

NEWCASTLE United owner Mike Ashley was in the stands cheering on the Magpies during Sunday's 2-2 draw with North East rivals Middlesbrough.

The billionaire businessman, watching the Geordies for the first time, was even sporting his black and white colours complete with the name and number of one of his Toon signings - "Smith - 17".

And United gaffer Sam Allardyce said afterwards that Mr Ashley certainly appeared to enjoy himself - especially given his celebration when Charles N'Zogbia opened the scoring in the first-half.

"He appeared to have a good time, especially when the first goal went in, anyway," said Big Sam.

"It was nice to see him here for the first time - and he hasn't tried to hide away because he was standing there with his Newcastle shirt on.

"It's great to see him. There is obviously lots of speculation around what he is doing, but as far as I am concerned, with he and Chris, we are moving the club forward as quickly as we possibly can."

Guest toonlass

Jeans and Replica Shirt, surprised they let him the directors box.   :lol:

Don't see many Chairman wearing that.

May be a bit picky, but he isn't the chairman, he is the owner  :razz:

Compare Ashley's celebration with Abramovich's usual 'broom up the jacksie' repressed clapping.

He's just put £30 million of his own money to pay off the debts off the previous regime, so to me, he's not fat, he's cuddly.

Guest Bramble OG

Wonder if he got the top from the clubshop or saved a few quid n went top sports world?

Aparently it had

Toon

Sale    on the back.