Habib Beye signs three year deal

JH

For right back I still think Hatem Trabelsi could be a good option. Fitness would be a problem, but he's certainly a class or two above Johnson when fit (maybe even injured ;) ).. Would be on a free and would probably accept a largely 'pay as you play' type of contract.

The same Hatem Trabelsi that did nothing at citeh last season and was released from his pay as he plays deal with them?

No thank you.

Looked bright early on (which wasnt so early after they finally got him fit). Dont remember what happened after that.

Did look good when I saw him play. Unfortunately that wasnt very often.

Faye and Beye looks likely.. with Diarra and Johnson as backup when they fall through.

For right back I still think Hatem Trabelsi could be a good option. Fitness would be a problem, but he's certainly a class or two above Johnson when fit (maybe even injured ;) ).. Would be on a free and would probably accept a largely 'pay as you play' type of contract.

The same Hatem Trabelsi that did nothing at citeh last season and was released from his pay as he plays deal with them?

No thank you.

He played very well for them if I remember correctly, but maybe Mr Spectrum can comment on that as he's seen more of him (recently) than most of us. He was pushed out of his favoured right back spot by Micah Richards, which isn't exactly a disgrace.

No thank you.

He played very well for them if I remember correctly, but maybe Mr Spectrum can comment on that as he's seen more of him (recently) than most of us. He was pushed out of his favoured right back spot by Micah Richards, which isn't exactly a disgrace.

I think you remember incorrectly there. He did ok, when fit.

Get in there for Micah Ricardo I say!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah if we got £20m to spend.

Future england regular for sure.

Nah. £12m.

]

wouldn't come here.. you got to know that all the big clubs are eying him out- he's not going to want to take a sidestep to newcastle.

overrated anyway.

Some people are talking about Johnson as if its a done deal, have I missed something? I didn't know we had even confirmed we are in for him!

It wasn't too long ago there was a thread choosing our strongest  team and people were including Belletti. :lol:

Probably haven't even made a bid for Johnson.  Well, I fucking hope not anyway.

Get in there for Micah Ricardo I say!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah if we got £20m to spend.

Future england regular for sure.

Nah. £12m.

If he was available for £12m I am pretty sure Chelski would have been straight in there.

Johnson would be a funny one. He has all the attributes of a top class footballer except concentration. He seems to have had a reputation for the good life too. We've been there before somewhere? Maybe Sam can get the best out of him but it would be a risk. Still better than Carr and attacking wise he would do us some good. Plus he's tall for a full back (5'11) by our standards. At 23 he should have pushed on a bit more though. If he's available then I would get him as a short term risky signing rather than piss about with what we have.

No thank you.

Exactly and seeing he was already on a pay as you play deal, you have to question why they would release him if he was any good, it's not as if he was sucking up wages.

Guest teepee

diarra keeps getting mentioned - is he not a midfielder (and not a right back)?

i'm hoping for beye and someone creative for our midfield

No thank you.

City fans are dividided on him, but there's also some very positive reactions from the time he played in his preferred right back position, e.g.

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ls4u8nu92qs8dob889bv7ishr4&topic=163.0

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ls4u8nu92qs8dob889bv7ishr4&topic=704.0

Later on he was moved to midfield to accomodate Micah Richards and didn't impress as much, but we would be looking at him for the RB spot anyway. Low risk and potential to be a very good signing. It's not two years ago Arsenal had him wrapped up before the deal fell through for personal reasons (probably wage-related, but he's now a begger so can't be a chooser).

No thank you.

City fans are dividided on him, but there's also some very positive reactions from the time he played in his preferred right back position, e.g.

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ls4u8nu92qs8dob889bv7ishr4&topic=163.0

http://smf.citymancs.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ls4u8nu92qs8dob889bv7ishr4&topic=704.0

Later on he was moved to midfield to accomodate Micah Richards and didn't impress as much, but we would be looking at him for the RB spot anyway. Low risk and potential to be a very good signing. It's not two years ago Arsenal had him wrapped up before the deal fell through for personal reasons (probably wage-related, but he's now a begger so can't be a chooser).

Firstly, his move to Arsenal fell through because he failed his medical if I remember correctly it wasn't a wage issue, we were linked with him at the same time only for him to reject us for Arsenal and then miss out all together.

Thing is, if he was good enough there is no doubt citeh would have kept him as cover, as I said it's not as if he was going to cost them as he was on a pay as you play - if you want a comparison look at the fact they offered Michael Ball a new contract replacing his pay as you play deal.

We've had our time where citeh's rejects are good enough for us and thank god that time has now past.

No thank you.

There is not a chance he would come here.

He has been simply immense in all City's games this year.

No thank you.

You sure you have the right conversation?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=430543&cc=9999

Updated: May 15, 2007

"The American winger returns to PSV Eindhoven at the end of his season-long loan from the Dutch club," City said Tuesday on its Web site.

Beasley scored four goals in the Premier League and started 13 games this season, but that wasn't enough to convince City to buy him from PSV.

Tunisian defender Hatem Trabelsi is also leaving the team.

No thank you.

You sure you have the right conversation?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=430543&cc=9999

Updated: May 15, 2007

"The American winger returns to PSV Eindhoven at the end of his season-long loan from the Dutch club," City said Tuesday on its Web site.

Beasley scored four goals in the Premier League and started 13 games this season, but that wasn't enough to convince City to buy him from PSV.

Tunisian defender Hatem Trabelsi is also leaving the team.

Ignore me i am still babling on about micah richards :lol: