Steven Taylor

SUPERTOON

Guest firetotheworks

You're happy with 14th ?

No, I'm not happy with 14th.

Were you happy in 97/98, 98/99, 04/05, 06/07, 07/08 and all the other seasons we finished in a bottom half "sort of crisis" before the old board gave up and sold the club to Ashley?

Please dont start.

You're happy with 14th ?

Were you happy in 97/98, 98/99, 04/05, 06/07, 07/08 and all the other seasons we finished in a bottom half "sort of crisis" before the old board gave up and sold the club to Ashley?

the difference being that the board weren't happy, which is why they changed manager/spent money to try and do better. Whereas your soopa Mike will be happy with 14th, and you are backing him in the same way you stupidly backed Souness.

The crisis refers to the ownership situation and the fact that players are unhappy at the club, along with the very real threat of relegation. I presume you aren't aware of the difference in 1997, 98 because you were stilll reading your Stephen Spence autobiography. Mind, an FA Cup Final wouldn't be so bad.

By the way, 3 years out of 14 or so isn't too bad, going by your own dates.

You're happy with 14th ?

the difference being that the board weren't happy, which is why they changed manager/spent money to try and do better. Whereas your soopa Mike will be happy with 14th, and you are backing him in the same way you stupidly backed Souness.

The crisis refers to the ownership situation and the fact that players are unhappy at the club, along with the very real threat of relegation. I presume you aren't aware of the difference in 1997, 98 because you were stilll reading your Stephen Spence autobiography. Mind, an FA Cup Final wouldn't be so bad.

Is that the same Souness you claimed was a top boss?

You're happy with 14th ?

no

You're happy with 14th ?

no

Which one is it then?

Taylor was raised up here.

Sorry ignore whether he is good or not to have a go at him claiming he plays the crowd is a joke. To play for Newcastle would give any fan a tremendous amount of pride, so the fact he savours every game is in noway him playing the crowd, hes just loving it.

So you don't think stupidly risking a red card to foul Reina was playing up to the crowd? It was pure idiocy from where I was sitting.

I love this about you. You read what I say and just put whatever you fancy so i'll try it.

So you think Asprilla signing didn't disrupt the squad?

But seriously, if he did that fine but when it comes to encouraging the crowd fist pumping itsp robably because he's jus loving playing for the club , I'm not talking about his performances in any context, I'm simply discussing his supposed playing to the crowd.

yep I agree with this, and I'd take it any day rather than someone who doesn't particularly want to play etc etc, and we've had more than enough of those, and still have some. I wish Ameobi would start getting stuck in ........

I'm not saying the lad should start I prefer Bassong, but people slating him for showing passion is lunacy, how can you be-moan players like Duff for hsowing no passion and in the same instance claim Taylor, a local lad of sorts for showing fake passion.

Yep, I completely agree.

Some people actually preferred Cacapa  mackems.gif

To be fair, I remember quite a few people saying, "all Taylor needs is a good partner" in comparison with Boumsong, Bramble, O'Brien, Elliott, Moore, etc. who he's played alongside over the past few seasons, well now there's two better centre-backs than him to play alongside and he's still no better.

We are still essentially a team playing back to front though ie under pressure due to lack of quality up front and in midfield. Thats why we are struggling, and unfortunately these players cost more money than defenders.

Then how come Bassong coped alright alongside this lack of quality up front and in midfield?

eer........welll..........there must be some reason why we are down near the bottom of the league and in a crisis, or a sort of crisis, unless you think because we have Bassong it cures all the huge weaknesses in the rest of the team.........

Do you think when Bassong comes back we are going to race up the league or something  :coolsmiley:

How about talking about Taylor?

Sorry ignore whether he is good or not to have a go at him claiming he plays the crowd is a joke. To play for Newcastle would give any fan a tremendous amount of pride, so the fact he savours every game is in noway him playing the crowd, hes just loving it.

So you don't think stupidly risking a red card to foul Reina was playing up to the crowd? It was pure idiocy from where I was sitting.

I love this about you. You read what I say and just put whatever you fancy so i'll try it.

But seriously, if he did that fine but when it comes to encouraging the crowd fist pumping itsp robably because he's jus loving playing for the club , I'm not talking about his performances in any context, I'm simply discussing his supposed playing to the crowd.

yep I agree with this, and I'd take it any day rather than someone who doesn't particularly want to play etc etc, and we've had more than enough of those, and still have some. I wish Ameobi would start getting stuck in ........

I'm not saying the lad should start I prefer Bassong, but people slating him for showing passion is lunacy, how can you be-moan players like Duff for hsowing no passion and in the same instance claim Taylor, a local lad of sorts for showing fake passion.

Yep, I completely agree.

To be fair, I remember quite a few people saying, "all Taylor needs is a good partner" in comparison with Boumsong, Bramble, O'Brien, Elliott, Moore, etc. who he's played alongside over the past few seasons, well now there's two better centre-backs than him to play alongside and he's still no better.

We are still essentially a team playing back to front though ie under pressure due to lack of quality up front and in midfield. Thats why we are struggling, and unfortunately these players cost more money than defenders.

Then how come Bassong coped alright alongside this lack of quality up front and in midfield?

eer........welll..........there must be some reason why we are down near the bottom of the league and in a crisis, or a sort of crisis, unless you think because we have Bassong it cures all the huge weaknesses in the rest of the team.........

Do you think when Bassong comes back we are going to race up the league or something  :coolsmiley:

Why talk about football when you can drag tired politics into this?

Yep, I completely agree.

I didn't realise nobody else had mentioned Bassong or Cacapa before me

Is that right ?

Taylor hasn't shown any signs of developing in the last few years, though you could argue the clubs coaching regimes hasn't taught him owt.  The same happened to Bramble, potential but no progress.  Taylor shouldnt be a first choice but common sense left this club long ago and the injury situation is a farce.  I dont accept that our injuries year on year are just bad luck.  Much of it is more like bad lifestyle/conditioning and poor preparation.

Yep, I completely agree.

Is that right ?

Firetotheworks and I have both asked for your explanation as to why Taylor in this team when Bassong doesn't. You've sidestepped that by going on about the rest of the team being shit and us being in a crisis.

So how about just discussing Steven Taylor?

Guest Jawesome

Taylor's average imo.  We could do a lot worse.  I'd rather have an average Joe who shows passion than one who doesn't give a fuck.

Yep, I completely agree.

Is that right ?

Firetotheworks and I have both asked for your explanation as to why Taylor in this team when Bassong doesn't . You've sidestepped that by going on about the rest of the team being shit and us being in a crisis.

such a question is like saying that because Micheal Owen isn't as good as Alan Shearer ? then he must be shit ?

The whole discussion is comparing the merits of Taylor, in comparison with Bassong, Coloccini [who I haven't mentioned but I'm sure someone else has and so I hope you are going to tell them not to talk about Coloccini and only Taylor].

My original comment is that having 3 good centre halfs at the club is a good thing, not a bad thing, and the criticisim of Taylor is as unjustified as it is incorrect. In my opinion. I thought you liked positive comments ? Whats wrong with me making positive comments about Steven Taylor ?

Why not castigate all those making negative comments about Steven Taylor ?

Yep, I completely agree.

Is that right ?

Firetotheworks and I have both asked for your explanation as to why Taylor in this team when Bassong doesn't . You've sidestepped that by going on about the rest of the team being shit and us being in a crisis.

such a question is like saying that because Micheal Owen isn't as good as Alan Shearer ? then he must be shit ?

The whole discussion is comparing the merits of Taylor, in comparison with Bassong, Coloccini [who I haven't mentioned but I'm sure someone else has and so I hope you are going to tell them not to talk about Coloccini and only Taylor].

My original comment is that having 3 good centre halfs at the club is a good thing, not a bad thing, and the criticisim of Taylor is as unjustified as it is incorrect. In my opinion. I thought you liked positive comments ? Whats wrong with me making positive comments about Steven Taylor ?

Fucking hell. As ever you spectacularly miss my point and go down the 'woe is me!' route.

Forget I even said anything.

Yep, I completely agree.

Is that right ?

Fucking hell. As ever you spectacularly miss my point and go down the 'woe is me!' route.

Forget I even said anything.

its nothing of the kind.

Its pointing something out.........and you're trumped.

bluelaugh.gif

How do you work that out? :lol:

We are discussing the merits (or otherwise) of Steven Taylor. It's got fuck all to do with who owns the club, the rest of the team or us supposedly being in a crisis. Yet you can't help yourself but bring that into the conversation in an attempt to sidestep the question of Taylor's ability.

Explain to me why you think he's good enough. What attributes does he have? What does he excel in?

Whatever the answer is, Dave, I assume it will contain "Shepherd", "John Hall", "SBR" and "Soopa Mike" (which by the way is NOT cool, NOT what people say and therefore a shit attempt at taking the piss out of people welcoming the new regime on these boards).

Now. Steven Taylor....

We are discussing the merits (or otherwise) of Steven Taylor. It's got fuck all to do with who owns the club, the rest of the team or us supposedly being in a crisis. Yet you can't help yourself but bring that into the conversation in an attempt to sidestep the question of Taylor's ability.

Explain to me why you think he's good enough. What attributes does he have? What does he excel in?

Proven beyond dispute that you don't post these comments at me for being "negative", because now I'm being "positive". The majority of people are being "negative" and you haven't said a word. Its just me that you want to disagree with isn't it  :lol:

Pretty much like other people too  ;D

As for Taylor. What do you want from a centre half in the premiership ? A pretty footballer ? My opinion is that he would improve his reading of the game, and his authority, if he played in a better team that won more often - and I stand by it. The question is will NUFC improve or will he go ?

As I said earlier, it seems like people latch onto cliches and won't let them go. There has been plenty of them, and this is the new one. I just don't agree that he should be sold and I think having 3 good central defenders is a good position to be in and we would be foolish to sell him, bearing in mind that we could end up with a Boumsong type replacement.........now talking of hype, cliches and bullshit........

Guest firetotheworks

We are discussing the merits (or otherwise) of Steven Taylor. It's got f*** all to do with who owns the club, the rest of the team or us supposedly being in a crisis. Yet you can't help yourself but bring that into the conversation in an attempt to sidestep the question of Taylor's ability.

Proven beyond dispute that you don't post these comments at me for being "negative", because now I'm being "positive". The majority of people are being "negative" and you haven't said a word. Its just me that you want to disagree with isn't it  :lol:

As for Taylor. What do you want from a centre half in the premiership ? A pretty footballer ? My opinion is that he would improve his reading of the game, and his authority, if he played in a better team that won more often - and I stand by it. The question is will NUFC improve or will he go ?

As I said earlier, it seems like people latch onto cliches and won't let them go. There has been plenty of them, and this is the new one. I just don't agree that he should be sold and I think having 3 good central defenders is a good position to be in and we would be foolish to sell him, bearing in mind that we could end up with a Boumsong type replacement.........now talking of hype, cliches and bullshit........

To quote you 'Well, time will tell'...if you want to improve then you need to take risks. Just as probable we could get a Bassong over a Boumsong.

We are discussing the merits (or otherwise) of Steven Taylor. It's got f*** all to do with who owns the club, the rest of the team or us supposedly being in a crisis. Yet you can't help yourself but bring that into the conversation in an attempt to sidestep the question of Taylor's ability.

To quote you 'Well, time will tell'...if you want to improve then you need to take risks. Just as probable we could get a Bassong over a Boumsong.

if only you could buy and sell directors and owners eh ?

So you can't name one thing he's good at?

Guest firetotheworks

if only you could buy and sell directors and owners eh ?

;D Fuckin hell, I hope that was an in-joke. Otherwise youre a characture of yourself