The Carling Cup Thread

NSG

Guest bluegeordie

Regardless of whether we might want to laugh, frown, or cry over the Dyer news (and, frankly, given the way he chose to "repay" our club's loyalty to him, I'm much closer to the former than the latter), I think it's difficult to escape some simple scouse wisdom: "Instant Karma's gonna get you, gonna knock you off your feet".

To wish a career-threatening injury on someone might be "unhealthy", but all I know is that if a higher power (and I don't mean the FA) had told me that someone in the Premier League had to suffer this fate, and that I had to nominate who that someone was to be, then as a Newcastle supporter I wouldn't have hesitated for a second to choose Dyer. In my view, he treated us with absolute contempt, and so he can expect nothing but the same in return.            

Got to say I'm disgusted by the attitude of some people on here, embarrased they follow the same team as me.

Whatever happened during his time with us, laughing an injury a serious as this is bang out of order. I wish him all the best and hope it's not as serious as it first looked.

I'll say one thing he has rotten luck.

What's that old saying?

Sometimes you make your own luck.

Paraphrasing Glenn Hoddle now?

Could you imagine what or whom Hoddle would have employed to get the best out of Dyer?

Anyway I didn't mention anything to do with disabled people, so I don't know what you mean.

Guest Darth Toon

Ouch, thats looks nasty!  :kasper:

Wouldn't wish that injury on anyone, but have to admit to being relieved that he won't get the chance to score against us at SJP in a few weeks time - we already have Bellamy, Bowyer and Parker to worry about in that game!

Best wishes go to Dyer, as many have said on a personal level its rotten luck and I wouldn't wish that on anyone - hope he makes a full recovery.

However, from West Hams perspective its bloody hilarious really and the situation they find themselves in I have no sympathy and can laugh about it whole heartedly.

£2m for Solano now would do me nicely

Can't say I care on the matter at all.  He's not our player anymore.

Thanks for the 6 million though, and yes, this is a sign of things to come, lengthy periods on the sidelines.  Enjoy it, cos I know we didn't.

Guest Ridzuan

I was expecting him to be injured but not so soon and definitely not in a very serious manner.Whatever it is,I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully after that,he will not get injured anymore.

I have to say though, after seeing the actual video of the injury I feel bad for the guy. Especially as it was an absolutely sickening and unnecessary challenge. The defender was beaten and blatantly just kicked him in the back of the leg. I think he should be banned  for it.

I don't think this injury can be put down to him being injury prone either as it was such a horrible challenge that would have probably knackered a lot of people. I hate dirty challenges like those, they make my blood boil.

I have to say though, after seeing the actual video of the injury I feel bad for the guy. Especially as it was an absolutely sickening and unnecessary challenge. The defender was beaten and blatantly just kicked him in the back of the leg. I think he should be banned  for it.

I don't think this injury can be put down to him being injury prone either as it was such a horrible challenge that would have probably knackered a lot of people. I hate dirty challenges like those, they make my blood boil.

TBF the challenge was no worse than the one Milner got booked for on Sunday