The Carling Cup Thread

NSG

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter

It was Carr & Damage ffs they dont count. If it was the WWE instead of the FA in charge when either of these two played for us it would be classed as a handicap match.

Guest optimistic nit

its pretty sad when you can be shouted at by the PC brigade for wishing someone a broken leg though. "Oh how awful that a guy on 80K per week has broken his leg, you should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at the fact west ham have signed another crock, which is no more than they deserved, and now he's injured". he's broken his leg man, get a grip.

boo fucking hoo. if you laugh at someone's misfortune be prepared for getting a backlash or don't bloody do it in the first place. get a grip!

and if you give said backlash and i think its stupid be prepared for me to tell you. I don't care emotionally that people think laughing at dyer's misfortune is pathetic, but i would like to state that i think it is illogical.

FFS, it's not like Dyer's life is over because he's got a broken leg. People break legs all of the time, he'll have it operated on, cast it up and get on with his life. End of.

It's not like people are laughing because he's contracted cancer or something life threatening.

its pretty sad when you can be shouted at by the PC brigade for wishing someone a broken leg though. "Oh how awful that a guy on 80K per week has broken his leg, you should be ashamed of yourselves for laughing at the fact west ham have signed another crock, which is no more than they deserved, and now he's injured". he's broken his leg man, get a grip.

I never see how earning £x thousand a week has anything to do with it though. Its still going to fucking hurt and still mean he is out for however long no matter how much he earns.

but why do i have an obligation to go awwwwwwww how unfortunate, when anything bad happens to anyone. He's broken his leg, i disslike West Ham, and i think he's been a cock. Why can't i laugh?

Never said you couldn't, just saying I never see the sense in the "Oh well he earns £80k a week, he will get over it" comments.

A broken leg is a hell of a lot easier for him than 99% of the population who can't go to work. If I broke my leg and someone gave me 80 grand because of it, I'd say I'd come away with a pretty good deal.

Second half of Leicester game delayed due to a serious medical emergency that has taken place in the Leicester City dressing room at half time apparently

Not again.  :kasper:

Guest elpapi

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter

It was Carr & Damage ffs they dont count. If it was the WWE instead of the FA in charge when either of these two played for us it would be classed as a handicap match.

i'm not too sure but that was supposed to be funny i guess?

Second half of Leicester game delayed due to a serious medical emergency that has taken place in the Leicester City dressing room at half time apparently

Christ :kasper: What's happening to all the footballer's fitnesses these days

boo fucking hoo. if you laugh at someone's misfortune be prepared for getting a backlash or don't bloody do it in the first place. get a grip!

and if you give said backlash and i think its stupid be prepared for me to tell you. I don't care emotionally that people think laughing at dyer's misfortune is pathetic, but i would like to state that i think it is illogical.

i am prepared for that, i never posted a sob story "it makes me so sad when the boorish PC brigade shout at me, i go hide in the cupboard" like you. so there.

Guest Phil K

Strange, innit ?

Some of those weeping and wailing how nasty we are, and how the Guardian'll be ranting their Y-fronted spleens at us (the women journos anyway, that is) for singing mockin attacks at a foreign player, are some of those laughing at a potential career threatening injury for (admittedly sick note waving w****** of...) an ex-player ?

Its an injury to a player from Leicester according to Ian Payne.

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter... some of you shouldn't take this game so serious, you speak as if you personally paid for dyer's wage over the years  :idiot2:

Who do you think pays footballers' wages btw?

some of these reactions are not too surprising though as serious injury to own players on saturday was greeted with laughter... some of you shouldn't take this game so serious, you speak as if you personally paid for dyer's wage over the years  :idiot2:

Ahem, don't you know what ticket revenue and Sky money, which a few fans buy and therefore pay for, goes towards?

so you paid 0.04% of his wage, then it's ok to be delighted he broke his leg?

Look, I doubt most of us are laughing at the fact that he broke his leg and is no doubt in quite a lot of pain - that's not exactly hilarious. We're laughing at the fact that West Ham got screwed over completely and we got £6 million for nowt.

It's similar to Woodgate breaking down for Madrid. I felt terrible for the lad (much more so than Dyer, I must admit) but the situation still rose a smile because of its "we knew it was coming, and so did the rest of the country - shame you guys didn't when you handed over the money" value.

Haha, we're 2-0 down. Oh noes, our season is over, that's the feeling on a Watford board.  :yikes: :idiot2:

Haha, you've got a class manager and i'd be confident watford will be going back up if i was a fan

Guest Phil K

I wanted to laugh my head off at Dyer but I feel sorry the ladm a broken leg is a shocking thing to have happened.

If ever someone thoroughly deserved such to happen, Dyer's the prime candidate.

Kieron Dyer will be out until the New Year at least after breaking a leg in tonight's Carling Cup clash against Bristol Rovers.

Alan Curbishley's newest recruit became the latest player to suffer a serious injury in the early stages of tonight's clash, which the Hammers lead 1-0 at the time of writing.

An innocuous-looking challenge left Dyer writhing in agony before the £7m man was carried off the pitch with his leg in a brace. It was later confirmed that he had broken his leg in two places, meaning at least four months out of action.

Haha, we're 2-0 down. Oh noes, our season is over, that's the feeling on a Watford board.  :yikes: :idiot2:

Haha, you've got a class manager and i'd be confident watford will be going back up if i was a fan

I'm confident, but our board is semi-suicidal. There were calls of sack the manager after Saturday's result, and this won't help put the razors away.

Further delay to the Leicester game, a player collapsed in the dressing room.

I'm confident, but our board is semi-suicidal. There were calls of sack the manager after Saturday's result, and this won't help put the razors away.

Further delay to the Leicester game, a player collapsed in the dressing room.

Just heard on SSN. Fucking Hell !

Kieron Dyer will be out until the New Year at least after breaking a leg in tonight's Carling Cup clash against Bristol Rovers.

Alan Curbishley's newest recruit became the latest player to suffer a serious injury in the early stages of tonight's clash, which the Hammers lead 1-0 at the time of writing.

An innocuous-looking challenge left Dyer writhing in agony before the £7m man was carried off the pitch with his leg in a brace. It was later confirmed that he had broken his leg in two places, meaning at least four months out of action.

Tough-when he played for us he tore his hamstring in about 25 places.

Who do you think pays footballers' wages btw?

Ahem, don't you know what ticket revenue and Sky money, which a few fans buy and therefore pay for, goes towards?

so you paid 0.04% of his wage, then it's ok to be delighted he broke his leg?

Look, I doubt most of us are laughing at the fact that he broke his leg and is no doubt in quite a lot of pain - that's not exactly hilarious. We're laughing at the fact that West Ham got screwed over completely and we got £6 million for nowt.

It's similar to Woodgate breaking down for Madrid. I felt terrible for the lad (much more so than Dyer, I must admit) but the situation still rose a smile because of its "we knew it was coming, and so did the rest of the country - shame you guys didn't when you handed over the money" value.

aye, that's how i feel. sorry for dyer tbh but wham's predicament is pretty funny, they're the new us.

Guest Gemmill

Nowt funny about the lad breaking his leg.  Anyone taking any pleasure whatsoever from someone breaking their leg wants to take a fucking good look at themself.  I love how basic human decency is now the preserve of the "PC Brigade". :lol: