Time to drop Steven Taylor?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we have better cover now, tbh i think its time to change, i fear that he has got a reputation as a fans favourite and for that reason Sam wont drop him. People say he needs experience, i think we will see a better Taylor if he isnt a guarenteed first teamer and has to work to be moved up to that place in the team. IM this should be our defence:

Beye  Cacapa  Faye    Enrique

With Rozenhal in rotation or either in the place of Faye and Cacapa.

Obviously if/when Faye and Beye sign

I honestly think it's pretty close between Rozenhal and Taylor, and while I agree that Taylor shouldn't be first name on the teamsheet at 21, Rozenhal hasn't been entirely solid.  Until Faye's fit, I'd still go Taylor and Cacapa in the centre of defense.

Rozenhal has looked less likely to make a mistake.

Taylor has been far from solid in the last couple of games.

This is going to become a problem if and when we get Faye.

Four players expecting first team football.

Rozenhal has looked less likely to make a mistake.

Taylor has been far from solid in the last couple of games.

This is going to become a problem if and when we get Faye.

Four players expecting first team football.

Tough shit for them then. We pick our players who will do the best job. If it isn't Taylor, then so be it.

There's no way Rozenhal deserves to be dropped, what's he done wrong so far?  He's looked very good and while Taylor has been fairly good as well he certainly hasn't looked as solid as Rozenhal.  Its got to be Cacapa and Rozenhal IMO.

Unfortunately, yeah, Taylor is no longer a guaranteed start. He's worked hard for the team, though, and at 21, I rate him pretty high. But, as much as I love him, I'm happy the day seems to have arrived that we have enough quality in defence that we can talk about sitting out such a decent player.

I'd expect Cacapa, Rozehnal, Taylor, and Faye to all get minutes at CB.

Taylor may play right back. And Faye at CB, RB, LB, and CM.

But the point is well taken, from what I've seen so far-- Cacapa and Rozehnal should be starters.

RB            CB            CB                  LB

-----          ---------      -----------        ---------

Beye        Cacapa      Rozenhnal      Enrique

Taylor      Taylor        Faye              Faye

Faye                                                  N'Zogbia

[Carr]                                                [babayaro]

CM

-----

Geremi

Faye

Butt

etc.

Taylor will be pushed to RB until Beye is fit imho.

Was Solano in at RB for the cup match? Sam seemed to think that he was our only option at the moment.

Also maybe change fit for settled in reference to Beye.

I think Taylor will be drop mainly because i never heard something positive from Big sam to him. He is always reserved when he mention him while he gives glowing refernce about Milner and Zoggy. My first defenders will be the following.

Beye, Cacapa (Faye), Rozzy (Taylor), Enrique

I think Cacapa miss games due to injuries faye will get the nod a head of Taylor in my opinion. Over all though with all this experiance Taylor will get much better in the future.

Our first choice is Capaca and Rozehnal, but Capaca's fitness is a bit worrying so Taylor is going to be the rotation for them.

Faye isn't my cup of tea though, I'd prefer Taylor over him tbh. Can do a job against physical striker though.

This has been done in another thread somewhere.....

Taylor isn't good enough yet to be a first choice player. It's as easy as that and as has been said, he'll benefit from not being first choice unless he suffers from IES. (Inflated Ego Syndrome)

Guest teepee

dropped, not completely - but i think that cacapa, roz and taylor should all get a lot of games. beye can cover as cb as well. those four should be enough, and i honestly hope we don't sign faye as well.

i'd go with roz/taylor on the weekend, and then shift to cacapa/roz for a few weeks. then see what constellation is the best

dropped, not completely - but i think that cacapa, roz and taylor should all get a lot of games. beye can cover as cb as well. those four should be enough, and i honestly hope we don't sign faye as well.

i'd go with roz/taylor on the weekend, and then shift to cacapa/roz for a few weeks. then see what constellation is the best

I beleive that Roz has more potential than Taylor to be honest. He should be the player to build the defence around.

Guest teepee

better now maybe, but i still think that taylors potential is greater. i seriously think that he can become immense if he develops "correctly". calm defensive partners such as cacapa and roz are perfect for him!