Thanks for the memories Nobby

Dave

TBF,as well as Nol played out of position last season,I felt his re-signing was one of many Souness'errors.We'd had his best years when SBR decided to let him move on.To buy him back was appeasement almost akin  to Neville Chamberlains.Never fault his connitment to the Toon cause but hey guys,sentimentality don't win games.

I think we maybe felt sorry about taking 18 squillion pound of them for a midfield unit that was proven to be shite? So we sent nobby to help ease a gulity conciense?  (how the hell do you spell that word)

Guest optimistic nit

TBF,as well as Nol played out of position last season,I felt his re-signing was one of many Souness'errors.We'd had his best years when SBR decided to let him move on.To buy him back was appeasement almost akin  to Neville Chamberlains.Never fault his connitment to the Toon cause but hey guys,sentimentality don't win games.

really? i thought he was one of our best players still even at his age. Look at the goals he scored vs everton and the lyke.

really? i thought he was one of our best players still even at his age. Look at the goals he scored vs everton and the lyke.

Agree but where did we finish last season.We saw the best of Nol  5 years ago.And his crock team mate Dyer.

Gutted he's gone. One of the players who could have eased the transition we're going through, the type of player a successful squad needs, respected by teammates and fans alike.

Always been one of my favourite players while at the club. Legend he is.

I hate West Ham but I can think of loads of clubs worse to go to in the Premiership.

Sunderland and who else???

Spurs, Man Utd, Boro.

he wouldnt get a sniff at Man U.(wait for Cockney simpleton comment in  reply)

Oh I know that, I just mean that I'd find it harder to watch him for them than for West Ham.

Gutted. I really think we've fucked up by (apparantly) letting him go so easily, surely a compromise could have been reached to let him spend a bit more time in London? But thats not Allardyce's way, probably rightly so. Just gutted to see such a great player leave. We've got noone else with the ability to play the 'killer ball' anyway close to as frequently and consistently as Nobby.

Just missed out on a testimonial too, was counting on a Newcastle vs a Ireland and Peru combined XI in a joint game with Shay!

Anyway, id say the right midfield spot in my all time (that ive seen play) Newcastle team is safely his - its going to take someone very very special to shift him.

Thanks for the memories, and playing almost as big of a part in Shearer breaking the goal scoring record as Al did himself!

You'll be missed son.

Loss for the squad, thanks for some great memories, although why he couldnt wait a year is still a little beyond me. The kids live with his ex wife so he only gets a certain amount of access.

As far as how this affects us as a team, its minimal, we are on Right Winger down. He possibly wouldnt even make the bench the majority of games this year. Whilst he is good crack for the dressing room which will be a loss, but he is well past his best.

From all accounts Cacapa will fill the dressingroom void. Solano's days were numbered the minute Geremi walked in.

The only worry I have is our lack of cover for the RW, but we are likely to be playing 4-3-3 alot so we are reasonably covered. Milner, Geremi and Smith will be decent enough until then.

Anyways enough un called for bitching, he will always be a toon legend and welcomed back here with open arms.