Squad 2007/2008 - Best ever summer?

NSG

When i said my prayers at the end of last season, pretty much every one has been answered.

Who said catholic schooling was pointless?

Given

Beye    Cacapa    Rozehnal    Enrique

Milner      Geremi    Barton      Zoggy

Viduka    Owen

Bench;

Harper

Taylor

Faye

Smith

Martins

Bloody hell.  No space for Duff,  Emre,  Shola or Butt there.  Strength in depth.  WTF?!

Fixed.

I'd go with that too.

Barton + 4-4-2 = creativity IMO.

I hope you're right, when I've seen Barton he's usually running with the ball rather than making a killer pass.

Pulling players out of position, making space for others. He can pass the ball well too, even if not to Gerrard-standard.

If we get everybody fit, then we have a brilliant squad. You don't realise how good a summer this has been until you look at that first post and that 'best 1st lineup' and just think Wow.

Pulling players out of position, making space for others. He can pass the ball well too, even if not to Gerrard-standard.

Barton reminds me of the player Bowyer was for Leeds but not us, I expect that kind of game from him.

Guest newcastle4life

Pretty good summer everything that needed changing has didnt think we would have so many players in and out with a new manager, Owner, chairman and board maybe now we might finally start doing something next few years couldnt have asked for more.

Pretty good summer everything that needed changing has didnt think we would have so many players in and out with a new manager, Owner, chairman and board maybe now we might finally start doing something next few years couldnt have asked for more.

I agree with that, Allardyce can now get to work and forget about the window, we just need a settled side palying well, it couldn't have gone much better.

Given

Beye Cacapa Ronzenhal   Enrique

Milner Barton Emre Duff

Martins   Owen

OR

Harper

Carr Faye   Taylor Babayaro

Geremi   Butt   Smith   N'Zogbia

Viduka   Ameobi

:D

Four new defenders, and only one who speaks English.

That is going to take some time to gel, don't expect to see them play together for a while yet.

I'm sure Beye, Roz and Cacapa can communicate together in French. Only problem with communication would be Enrique.

Guest mobiius

all of this 'we have a very good team' stuff is a bit optimistic. i wouldn't rate more than one of our forwards as very good. another could be very good, and thats it. and if cacapa and the other new defenders don't come good we have taylor and rozenhal, and nothing else.

we've been burned too often for me. i'm cautiously optimistic, but starting to wank ourselves off over stuff just yet is a bit premature.

compare us now to this time last season. i think the quality of player we have signed compared to the signings of olivier(never used) bernard  and anton(toon fan) sibierski give us cause  to be optimistic. look on the bright side bramble has gone, theres at least 4 places higher in the table for a start imo :celb:

Guest Harry Norway

Agree-good squad,now they have to settle as a new team,gonna take some time i think,have seen the 3 first matches,still a long way to go,can still see the Gohst of Glenn R in the shadows.

We need a good game and a win against Wigan,i am a bit worry if Sib is playing tomorrow(injuried?),still cant see why we didnt keep him,he is better and sharper then Viduka,hope he dont punhish us tomorrow with his balled head

Howay the lads

That is going to take some time to gel, don't expect to see them play together for a while yet.

I'm sure Beye, Roz and Cacapa can communicate together in French. Only problem with communication would be Enrique.

Cacapa speaks spanish, doesn't he?

Portuguese shirley.

Portuguese shirley.

Portuguese in Brazil yeh I know but when Enrique joined us I think I read an article that said Cacapa can speak spanish. Could well be bollocks tho...