Could Troisi be the answer?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

He featured a lot in pre-season and it's interesting that he hasn't been released ala Huntington or loaned out ala Krul and Carrol and I have to say, he impressed me a lot during pre-season. He seems to have quick feet and a good football brain. He's not the strongest or quickest but he's someone I could imagine being at home playing quick balls to feet. Others who have seen him a lot for the reserves will be a better judge, but he looks a canny pospect from what admittedly little I've seen so would it be worth trying him out? To be honest I'm happy with Geremi or Butt in there as the experienced anchorman if you like but the pair together or with Smith in there is no different to Parker and Butt in output in many ways so I'd be up for some experimenting like. Thoughts?

I like what I've seen of Troisi, I think he's got a lot to learn but he does read the game well and has a good centre of gravity, a bit like Emre in that respect, he can turn quickly with the ball without going to ground.

Why was he not on the bench today?  It would have made more sense than Pattison.

Guest Knightrider

I like what I've seen of Troisi, I think he's got a lot to learn but he does read the game well and has a good centre of gravity, a bit like Emre in that respect, he can turn quickly with the ball without going to ground.

Why was he not on the bench today?  It would have made more sense than Pattison.

Strange one indeed and yes, that's what I like about him too, his ability to use his feet quickly despite not being the quickest or seemingly that quick. To be honest I'd forgotten all about Triosi until now but remember I was quite excited about the prospect of seeing more of him this season back in pre-season. Hopefully we'll get to see him more.

Paul what's his best position and what does he lack just now in your opinion? Experience or something about his ability/game?

Strange one indeed and yes, that's what I like about him too, his ability to use his feet quickly despite not being the quickest or seemingly that quick. To be honest I'd forgotten all about Triosi until now but remember I was quite excited about the prospect of seeing more of him this season back in pre-season. Hopefully we'll get to see him more.

Paul what's his best position and what does he lack just now in your opinion? Experience or something about his ability/game?

Experience yes, and also consistency of his final product.  It's often very good, but its poor equally as often.  I think he does still have some learning to do, but he has a very bright future.  Still not sure what his best position has, he seemed to be made for a striking role when he first emerged in our Academy side, but we've since played him down both flanks and he seems fairly comfortable there too.

Experience yes, and also consistency of his final product.  It's often very good, but its poor equally as often.  I think he does still have some learning to do, but he has a very bright future.  Still not sure what his best position has, he seemed to be made for a striking role when he first emerged in our Academy side, but we've since played him down both flanks and he seems fairly comfortable there too.

I've only seen his pre-season games but he looks like he could play through the middle as someone who could pick the ball up from the defence and take it to the forwards if he can get his passing right.

Matty Pattison must be amazing in training if he's keeping Troisi out of the squad. At least Troisi's looked good when he's been on the field.

I'd guess that Pattison is ahead of Troisi because he's got more experience and Allardyce is protecting Troisi for now because we've got so many new players who are still learning to play together.

Matty Pattison must be amazing in training if he's keeping Troisi out of the squad. At least Troisi's looked good when he's been on the field.

I'd guess that Pattison is ahead of Troisi because he's got more experience and Allardyce is protecting Troisi for now because we've got so many new players who are still learning to play together.

i am pretty sure its because Pattison is a more physical then Troisi.

Guest michaelfoster

Allardyce wanted 2 gingers in the squad iirc

Haven't seen enough of Troisi to make a judgement, but Pattison almost came on today - to replace Butt, I think. When not required he jogged back to the bench which raised a couple of sighs of relief. :laugh:

Haven't seen enough of Troisi to make a judgement, but Pattison almost came on today - to replace Butt, I think. When not required he jogged back to the bench which raised a couple of sighs of relief. :laugh:

He's got Beckham like tatoos now.....But not quite the footwork.. :lol:

Guest toonlass

By physical do you mean fat?

Adelaide represent! O0 To be fair the only reason people here think he is the next big thing is because he is contracted to an EPL club. Have only seen him play for the Aus under 23 team in which he certainly looked our best player. Quite the elegant player but maybe too light on the ball for the EPL?

Quite the elegant player but maybe too light on the ball for the EPL?

I think that's the key. He looked a very exciting player in pre-season, but against Hull, he couldn't cope with their physical approach. If he can get over that problem, then the sky's the limit.

Guest justin99.

It was Taylor

And that's what I fear, It seems Sam prefer his players to be grafters especially in midfield...