Premier League Games Today.

Parky

Ha ha, Ellis grinning like a dog with two cocks as he shakes RA's hand.

Saw that. Well played. Zat played well (another N.O. pyriah comes good).  :lol:

Reo MOM for me closely followed by Young.

Young is such an exciting player.

Very happy with our win today, was thinking that we may draw or even lose it today but very good win from what i hear, havent managed to watch it yet, waiting for football first

So glad Villa have won because

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE (jointly)

and we have a game in hand against you boys!

Rode your luck at times. Pompey just didn't make their good positions count, and gave three very sloppy goals away. Would have been very frustrating for a Pompey fan.

The third goal was the worst, I think Mendez was looking behind him as the short free kick was taken.

This AFC squad won't hold it together when their 3 games a week lark start.

Awesome passing and movement from Arsenal today has to be said.

That "Yippi-ay Yippi-oh" song that Villa sing has got to be the worst, most annoying, pointless dirge ever.

:knuppel2:

Holte Enders in the Sky?

Tuneless dirge it may be, but it is our tuneless dirge and I love it.

It does my head in. Not as bad as the bell at Pompey but still annoying.

Good ground though, Villa Park.

Maybe a bit of a knee jerk post but it seems the top 4 might be finding it a bit harder going away to games now, I might be wrong because i wasnt really concentrating on the match but imo Villa kinda played like the away team they soaked up pressure and then hit them on the break, It seems the best tactic against the top 4 because most managers would be happy with a point so the main aim is not to concede.

Villa looked decent today, Very organised.

Maybe a bit of a knee jerk post but it seems the top 4 might be finding it a bit harder going away to games now, I might be wrong because i wasnt really concentrating on the match but imo Villa kinda played like the away team they soaked up pressure and then hit them on the break, It seems the best tactic against the top 4 because most managers would be happy with a point so the main aim is not to concede.

Villa have a good record against Chelsea at their place anyway

I do think in general though that the top 4 are all dropping slightly more points or at least having to work harder than they used to in games like today's. Last season we took 4 each from Arsenal and Liverpool, were mugged twice against Chelsea and shot ourselves in the foot spectacularly at home to Man Utd.

A couple of other clubs will be able to say similar.

I still remember a couple weeks ago when we played villa, how people called the nil nil a shameful display.

When you look at it, with all the problems we had we still weren't in any trouble against them and we could have won the game.

Today, villa beats chelski 2 to nil, shows how good we're actually are. And things are just going to get better with every week passing by.I made a prediction that we would finish the league 4th, and i still stand by that prediction, after a month.

Villa have a good record against Chelsea at their place anyway

I do think in general though that the top 4 are all dropping slightly more points or at least having to work harder than they used to in games like today's. Last season we took 4 each from Arsenal and Liverpool, were mugged twice against Chelsea and shot ourselves in the foot spectacularly at home to Man Utd.

A couple of other clubs will be able to say similar.

They will have harder away games as suddenly more of the top8 sides have got stronger ie ManC, West Ham, Villa etc..

Everton, Spurs and the Toon have mostly been difficult and unpredictable grounds to get results.

The big 4 will start to suffer when the CL gets going and that is when we might see one fall away from the pack.

To think Tottenham could have had Reo-Cokers grit and toughness in midfield and Ashley Young on the left for the money they blew on Darren Bent! Could you imagine how much better they would be.

From what I have seen so far this season there is no way Tottenham are in the top eight or even nine. They are way too soft. After the top four, in my opinion Blackburn are better, Villa are better, Everton are better and we are better than they are. Man City could be added to the list also.

Santa Clause was 3.5m. Never lived up to his potential at Bayern but then again, how could he with the likes of Sonny Anderson, Makaay, Jancker, Klose, Toni etc. etc. ahead of him at different points of his time in Germany?

Don't think he ever played for them. Maybe you're thinking of Giovanni Elber.

To think Tottenham could have had Reo-Cokers grit and toughness in midfield and Ashley Young on the left for the money they blew on Darren Bent! Could you imagine how much better they would be.

From what I have seen so far this season there is no way Tottenham are in the top eight or even nine. They are way too soft. After the top four, in my opinion Blackburn are better, Villa are better, Everton are better and we are better than they are. Man City could be added to the list also.

You're wrong Kaka...Spurs and thier 'planning' is light years ahead of us.. :lol:  I think of that lot Everton look to me the strongest. We will get a lot better over the coming weeks.

How are your knees, in other news? :lol:

How are your knees, in other news? :lol:

Eh?

What a goal from Kanu.  :lol:

We'll definitely finish ahead of Arsenal like, they're useless.  :razz:

Well out of their 4 games they've played 3 at home to Fulham, ManC and Pompey. The away game to Blackburn they drew. We'' wait and see shall we. I still say that although clearly better than ours their squad isn't as good as it was 3/4 years ago and the younger players will start to suffer when the CL programme kicks in. Hope so anyway.

Excellent performance by Young, the sort of attacking performance that Milner will NEVER put in.

Young is in a totally different league to Milner that is beyond debate.

What utter bollocks

You're wrong Kaka...Spurs and thier 'planning' is light years ahead of us.. :lol:  I think of that lot Everton look to me the strongest. We will get a lot better over the coming weeks.

Spurs have been terrible imo, Defensively they are poor and very weak in midfield. Jol is very poor tactically, After the game yesterday i thought he looked like a broken man and you can tell the pressure is effecting him. The problem with Spurs is that they read in the paper that Mouriniho saying they are title contenders and the papers saying they will break the top 4 and the whole club fully believe it when in reality they aint ready.

Guest kingdawson

Should have spent that £16.5m on some defenders tbh.

They've got good defenders tbh, Jol's just useless at organising the team to defend a lead..

Youre spot on tbh.