How Viduka's settled in...

Beren

Sam Allardyce doesn't seem too fond of leaving him out of the team, when, for me, there are three strikers fit right now who I'd play ahead of him in Owen, Martins and Ameobi.

With less creativity in midfield than we would otherwise have were certain other players fit, I think the onus falls on the strikers to create more for themselves in a 4-3-3 system, and I think the pace and dexterity of the aforementioned three would make our attack far more unpredictable and dangerous.

Viduka has done -fairly- well so far, but his contribution is a little one-dimensional and will surely encourage longer balls when we need a goal quickly.

Would have boughT another winger instead of Smith if we were going to play 4-4-2 on any sort of regular basis.

Hope we try it anyway, maybe push Barton out on to the wing for some games when he's back.

Would have boughT another winger instead of Smith if we were going to play 4-4-2 on any sort of regular basis.

Hope we try it anyway, maybe push Barton out on to the wing for some games when he's back.

Barton on the wing will be just like Bowyer on the wing.

The big problem with the 4-3-3 is that, under pressure, the two either side of Viduka have a tendacy to pull back as the opposition pushes forward, leaving Viduka isolated and at his age, Viduka cannot operate up top alone. He needs someone to flick on to and combine with.

Moments like his goal at Boro are rare with the 4-3-3 system, that was just a moment of class which wouldn't have paid off on another day. He looked much better yesterday when he was up top alongside Owen. He looked comfortable and in control of his own game.

Barton on the wing will be just like Bowyer on the wing.

Bowyer was pretty fantastic on the wing for Leeds.

4-3-3 doesn't suit him - it doesn't suit any of our strikers for that matter.

I can't name many players in the team that is does suit.

Only thing I can think of is the abundance of talent we have in central midfield.

I really don't want to see Barton on the wing.

For me, our strongest midfield would be:

Zoggy - Barton - Geremi - Milner

Of course for some matches it would be better to rest some of those players and use other ones - we seem to have a nice bit of depth to our squad now and we can afford to leave players like Emre or Butt on the bench, or even just rotate them.

I have faith in Allardyce though, I know he knows what he's doing with this 4-3-3 formation!

I think we should play 4-4-2

Viduka has been s**** so far everytime hes played this season, looks fat and very lazy

i would play Shola ahead of him along side Martins who deserves his place ahead of Owen from this seasons performances so far

when Barton is back he should play ahead of Butt, N'zogbia moved up to left wing and Milner on the right when Enrique comes in at left back so that means Smith should be dropped from what hes done SO FAR...

Bowyer was pretty fantastic on the wing for Leeds.

He wasn't for us.

He'd gone to shit by the time he came here though.

Gerrard does alright there for Liverpool, and Barton is similiar (in style if not quality) to him.

Viduka has been s**** so far everytime hes played this season, looks fat and very lazy

i would play Shola ahead of him along side Martins who deserves his place ahead of Owen from this seasons performances so far

when Barton is back he should play ahead of Butt, N'zogbia moved up to left wing and Milner on the right when Enrique comes in at left back so that means Smith should be dropped from what hes done SO FAR...

You would have a front 2 with Shola but without Owen, OK.  bluelaugh.gif

I still live in (blind?) hope that the fact we have reverted to 4-4-2 now Owen is fit is a sign of what he really wants to do.

I reckon the competition for that 2nd place in attack alongside Viduka will be good for Martins and Owen, rather than trying to accomodate both of them into a 4-3-3.

My only worry is if Martin's attitude will be able to handle it or not. I have a fear that if Owen starts ahead of him, Martins might storm off in a temper for being stuck on the bench.

But I love the fact that we'll be able to go into a game, knowing that come the 70th-ish minute if we haven't scored or are having trouble going forward then we can bring on the one not playing (Martins or Owen) to mix things up (like yesterday, which paid off).

Smith included, we have an adundance of talent upfront. I'd rather we 4-4-2 and have them fighting for places then try to include them all in a 4-3-3 system.

You would have a front 2 with Shola but without Owen, OK.  bluelaugh.gif

Well Big Sam says he wants a tall striker, if not oviously owen and martins

He'd gone to s*** by the time he came here though.

Gerrard does alright there for Liverpool, and Barton is similiar (in style if not quality) to him.

I know Bowyer had turned to shit before he came here, I still don't think Barton could do too well on the wing although I'd hope to be proven wrong if he played out wide, I just don't think it would work as he'd keep coming in too narrow.

I still live in (blind?) hope that the fact we have reverted to 4-4-2 now Owen is fit is a sign of what he really wants to do.

I reckon the competition for that 2nd place in attack alongside Viduka will be good for Martins and Owen, rather than trying to accomodate both of them into a 4-3-3.

My only worry is if Martin's attitude will be able to handle it or not. I have a fear that if Owen starts ahead of him, Martins might storm off in a temper for being stuck on the bench.

But I love the fact that we'll be able to go into a game, knowing that come the 70th-ish minute if we haven't scored or are having trouble going forward then we can bring on the one not playing (Martins or Owen) to mix things up (like yesterday, which paid off).

Smith included, we have an adundance of talent upfront. I'd rather we 4-4-2 and have them fighting for places then try to include them all in a 4-3-3 system.

Unfortunately I doubt Owen will be consistantly fit enough to stop Martins getting plenty of games (not saying I don't rate Martins btw :D)