Newcastle Vs England

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tbh it's pretty shocking how many people don't give a toss about england. no wonder the players are so demoralised.

its ok choosing newcastle over england but to say that you don't care about the national side is treason...

perhaps not that far :p , but you get what i mean

Guest elbee909

England as a team haven't 'turned up' in years.  When I was younger I cared more, but I grew up and grew out of any vague sense of nationalism and when you take that away then you can see international football for what it is - a cash cow for FIFA who don't give a shit about real football, which is that played by clubs.  They'll happily let clubs nurture all the talent though.  To think they wield any power over club football boils my piss.

England as a team haven't 'turned up' in years.  When I was younger I cared more, but I grew up and grew out of any vague sense of nationalism and when you take that away then you can see international football for what it is - a cash cow for FIFA who don't give a shit about real football, which is that played by clubs.  They'll happily let clubs nurture all the talent though.  To think they wield any power over club football boils my piss.

miserable bugger  :laugh:

Guest elbee909

miserable bugger  :laugh:

They'll never do fuck all with their current manager either.  England's equivalent of the Roeder appointment.

miserable bugger   :laugh:

They'll never do fuck all with their current manager either.  England's equivalent of the Roeder appointment.

i'll agree with that

I dont give a fuck about england

Northern Ireland  :smitten:

At the Snow Patrol gig on Saturday night (I hate them, was dragged along!) when the bands were setting up and what not, 30 thousand people were breaking into "Healy, Healy!" and "We're not Brazil we're Norn Iron" chants.  Same when everyone was walking home.

Best fans in Europe!

NUFC always. That's not to say I don't care about England or want them to do well, just I always put club before country, I suppose it's an extention of regarding my regional identity as being stronger than my national identity, and sometimes I feel that breaks for internationals just get in the way of club football.

I can never be truly devasted, gutted or plain angry over England's results like I can with Newcastle's. I don't think about England every day, where as I think about NUFC frequently over the course of a day - every day.

call me unpatriotic, but right now i'd like to see England not qualify for the upcoming Euro championships. It might wake the FA up, as to how crap England have been for the past 10years.

I support England in the major tournys, but too often (almost all the time) find their friendlies and qualifiers boring to watch.

I also dont like the same players getting selected for each squad, regardless of their form or injuries, wouldnt suprise me if Dyer is still sat on the bench on Saturday.

I support newcastle before england, With newcastle we have a team that is doing the best it can and trying to improve....with england we have a team that when fully fit can be a top 5 team in the world but plays like a top 15 club! they demand money for playing!??! whats that all about :rant:

Newcastle of course, and it would be same sort of results for virtually every club team you poll.

The media are just waking up to the fact that a lot of people don't really care about England or the International game anymore.

Newcastle of course, and it would be same sort of results for virtually every club team you poll.

The media are just waking up to the fact that a lot of people don't really care about England or the International game anymore.

and yet people complain when players aren't "proud to wear the shirt" ...  surprised though, i've always been a big england fan, and i didn't know that so many people don't care.

Newcastle in that if I could choose to have, say, Owen fit for Newcastle or fit for England, it would be NUFC everytime - but then England have got dozens on strikers to choose from while Newcastle don't, so it's an unfair comparison.

I still love England and want them to win every game though.

Guest Geordiesned

Absolutely pointless thread. Most fans support their club over their country. Or was this thread designed so it can be filled with people saying "couldn't give a s*** about England, would rather see Newcastle win the masters than England win the world cup"?

Just wondered what most fans thought i think a few years ago it would have been very close and a tough choice

I also think that because of the managers appointed and failures of the team alot of support has been lost

Couldn't disagree more. Newcastle would always come out way on top.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Depends on the time of year really.

If it's during the World Cup or European Championship's then England, England, England. But for most of the year Newcastle.