Fifa needs a geography lesson

womblemaster

Group A  Euro champ qualifier.

6  Armenia  8  2  2  4  4  8  -4  8

7 Kazakhstan 9 1 3 5 6 13 -7 6

8 Azerbaijan 8 1 2 5 4 17 -13 5

???  How they work out kazakhstan is in europe?  It borders china on one side!!  Its in the middle of asia not europe.

Can you imagine the reaction of prem managers if england have to travel away to to play them in a future qualifier!!  ALex furface will explode

mackems.gif

btw grats to romania topping grp g.

Israel could only travel to about one country in the Middle East because the rest of them do not let people enter who either have a Israeli passport or visa. I was nearly going to be going to Israel on a visit and it would have meant me having to get a new passport, as I had to keep one passport without an Israeli stamp. This was because I would not have been able to then visit other Middle Eastern countries with an Israeli stamp in it.

Israel could only travel to about one country in the Middle East because the rest of them do not let people enter who either have a Israeli passport or visa. I was nearly going to be going to Israel on a visit and it would have meant me having to get a new passport, as I had to keep one passport without an Israeli stamp. This was because I would not have been able to then visit other Middle Eastern countries with an Israeli stamp in it.

I went from Israel to Egypt on the same passport. Never heard of people needing two?! Is it even legal to have duplicate passports?

Egypt was the one country in the Middle East I was referring to that would let Israeli nationals in. Pretty sure none of the rest do (possibly the UAE may do).  Just thinking about it, entry into Egypt in football terms is pretty useless because they are part of the African Confederation.

With regards to two passports I could get one because I was connected to the UK embassy, but I'm pretty sure anyone can if you have a business reason.

Israel playing in UEFA is a political necessity. Egypt is in Africa and does not play in the AFC, but  the CAF.

I swear I saw a scoreline that had Nicaragua playing in an OFC tournament. They were never very active or competitive in CONCACAF, but that is a jump.

I went from Israel to Egypt on the same passport. Never heard of people needing two?! Is it even legal to have duplicate passports?

It is legal, yes. I too went from Israel to Arab countries with no problems (six month Israeli visa stamp in my passport), but a friend of mine (who came with us to Israel), his father worked in Libya for a US oil company (this was the mid 80s) and he had to have two passports, as Libyan stamps in your passport were the 80s equivalent of travelling with a muslim style beard and bulging rucksack.

All arranged with the help of the FO, apparently

Most seafarers have two passports, for that exact same reason... many countries around the world, dont like seeing certain other countries stamps in your passport. Think Korea and Japan are another example.

wrong, it's no problem at all having worked in both these countries. Entering each country is no problem whatsoever if you have the Japanese/Korean stamp in your passport.

Most seafarers have two passports, for that exact same reason... many countries around the world, dont like seeing certain other countries stamps in your passport. Think Korea and Japan are another example.

wrong, it's no problem at all having worked in both these countries. Entering each country is no problem whatsoever if you have the Japanese/Korean stamp in your passport.

Aye, I'm Korean and I have about 8 Japanese stamps on my passport. No trouble whatsoever. We're all nice and friendly now.

And if you want a real case of countries being in the wrong federation, just look at Australia in the AFC. I'm not saying that it's not a good thing for Australia/Asian football in general, but still, flying out to OZ for an away game is pretty tough.

Wiki:

Several national football associations which are geographically in Asia or mostly in Asia belong to UEFA rather than the Asian Football Confederation. These nations are Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel, Cyprus, Russia and Azerbaijan (Israel and Kazakhstan are former AFC members). Cyprus chose to be classed as a European football nation — it had the choice of Europe, Asia and Africa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Israel is understandable, and I can see why Turkey and Russia in particular want to stay within the UEFA confederation in terms of not cutting off large financial supply to the larger clubs, but perhaps we should look at making the Russian and Turkish international teams qualify with the Asians in order to strengthen the quality of international tournaments.

Group A  Euro champ qualifier.

6  Armenia  8  2  2  4  4  8  -4  8

7 Kazakhstan 9 1 3 5 6 13 -7 6

8 Azerbaijan 8 1 2 5 4 17 -13 5

???   How they work out kazakhstan is in europe?   It borders china on one side!!  Its in the middle of asia not europe.

Can you imagine the reaction of prem managers if england have to travel away to to play them in a future qualifier!!  ALex furface will explode

mackems.gif

btw grats to romania topping grp g.

But they were part of the Soviet Union until recently, which was europe

that's their problem TBH

Aye, I'm Korean and I have about 8 Japanese stamps on my passport. No trouble whatsoever. We're all nice and friendly now.

And if you want a real case of countries being in the wrong federation, just look at Australia in the AFC. I'm not saying that it's not a good thing for Australia/Asian football in general, but still, flying out to OZ for an away game is pretty tough.

That's fine - they can qualify automatically for teh World Cup then..................

Egypt was the one country in the Middle East I was referring to that would let Israeli nationals in. Pretty sure none of the rest do (possibly the UAE may do).  Just thinking about it, entry into Egypt in football terms is pretty useless because they are part of the African Confederation.

With regards to two passports I could get one because I was connected to the UK embassy, but I'm pretty sure anyone can if you have a business reason.

I asked them not to stamp it. They didn't. Common enough practice. Lived in the middle east a few years and never had any bother either at Taba, Rafa or flying in.