Derby VS Newcastle

Decky

I think Sam will stick with 433 away from home, the pressure is on Derby to perform & I think we aim to stifle them & then hit them on the break.

I'd like to see:                    Given (pick your best keeper - now is the time to put Given back in)

Taylor, Cacapa, Rozehnal, Enrique (wouldn't have PL debuts for both Beye & Enrique)

Geremi, Butt, N'Zogbia

Milner, Viduka, Owen

"the pressure is on Derby to perform"

No its not. Its on us. Therefeore we should play 4-4-2

We are away; they are at home & are bottom of the league. The pressure is far greater on Derby for this match & we should use that to our advantage. Why play an expansive game & let them play as well?

Given

Beye    Rozenhal    Cacapa    Enrique

Geremi    Faye    Butt      N'Zogbia

Owen    Smith

Midfield so defensive...come on we are facing Derby not Barcelona

Given

Owen    Smith

I don't see it quite the same way you do. Zog will give loads of threat on the left, you don't need to  play with 2 wide men, one is quite sufficient in my opinion. Not knowing much about Beye and Enrique I'm hopeful FS has signed fullbacks who can offer something going forward, as well.

Given

Owen    Smith

I don't see it quite the same way you do. Zog will give loads of threat on the left, you don't need to  play with 2 wide men, one is quite sufficient in my opinion. Not knowing much about Beye and Enrique I'm hopeful FS has signed fullbacks who can offer something going forward, as well.

Faye and Butt. So f****** defensiv. No creation...

Given

Owen    Smith

Faye and Butt. So f****** defensiv. No creation...

:kasper: I'm not going to argue too much 'cos I'll be wasting my time, so just this one post to explain my thoughts.

I don't see this as a defensive team at all.

Creativity starts at the back and is not limited to the centre of midfield. It's a team thing. I know we're used to seeing nowt when we had Parker in there so people will latch on to that area as being where it all happens but it's not. We've also had pretty gash fullbacks for quite some time now, no creativity at all. You can see the difference in the few games Zog has played at LB, much better down that flank.

With CB's who can play the ball out and not hoof it like Bramble, with fullbacks who can get forward better than the likes of Carr and Babayaro, a quality wide man like Zog and good movement from Owen and Smith I think there is plenty of creativity in this team along with some solidity too.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll have a guess at:

Given

Taylor, Cacapa, Rozenhal, Enrique

Milner, Geremi, NZogbia

Owen,  Viduka,  Martins

Personally Id have Butt over Geremi, but I cant see Sam Dropping his captain.

Given

Beye Rozehnal Cacapa Enrique

Milner Faye Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen Ameobi

Would encourage Butt to get forward a bit more as I think he's underrated attacking wise. Ameobi was a tough decision over Smith, but we have options so can change if it's not working well.

And Smith ahead of Martins because.....?  :rolleyes:

Not ahead, I just see it as two completely different striking positions, one involving Owen and Martins. the other with Ameobi, Viduka and Smith. And we should pick one from each. Picking two from one is stupid imo becuase they're too similar (if we're playing 442). I would use Martins after about 55 minutes after Ameobi has worn their defence a bit and they begin to tire. It's all about balance and Owen and Martins isn't balanced at all, therefore you have to pick one of them, and Owen's the one in form.

I reckon a draw.  I said 4 pts from wigan, and derby - and still unbeaten i think that would be a good position to be

4 points from Wigan and Derby would make you happy?  Why..

I'd hate to be so pessimistic.  We're playing one of the worst Premiership teams in recent years, ffs.

I'll have a guess at:

Given

Milner, Geremi, NZogbia

Owen,  Viduka,  Martins

I like that, id have Viduka just behind Owen and Martins rather than have them on the wings.

I'd certainly like to see us go out and be positive and not pick a negative defensive team. We won't get an easier away game this season in terms of the standard of opposition, and we need to take advantage of both Derby's frailties and the negativity surrounding them. An early goal and it could be a rout.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll have a guess at:

Given

Milner, Geremi, NZogbia

Owen,  Viduka,  Martins

I like that, id have Viduka just behind Owen and Martins rather than have them on the wings.

That is how it is, just couldnt be arsed to type it out as a 4312 rather than the easier 433.

Guest LucasUnger

Given

Beye    Cacapa      Rozhenal    Taylor

Geremi

Milner              Zoggy

Viduka/Smith (who's fitter)

Owen Martins

subs:

harper, viduka/smith, enrique, faye, emre