Geremi Or Butt?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When Barton gets back, Barton/Geremi all the way. We are playing two defensive centre-mids at the moment; we can only ask for so much. Geremi will be class for us eventually, i really think that, but what are we supposed to get from him when he's playing alongside the offensively-inept Butt? They're alternating at the moment, one sit/one penetrate, and neither of them can do it.

Barton will be the key.

I (well - most, probably) have been thinking that for a while, and last night confirmed it to fuck.

Milner - Geremi - Barton - N'Zogbia

and all our troubles will just melt away....

That's my midfield, n'all. Can't wait to see it. No more square pegs/round holes. N'Zogbia being allowed to actually utilise his fiery spark. Milner able to actually cross the ball again. And 'The Key', Barton, back in the side and giving us that drive from midfield.

Need Enrique and Barton fit, and soon!

Butt and Barton right now.

I didn't expect Geremi to sit so deep, I also expected to see a lot more quality from him when he is on the ball.

He's been a real disappointment so far.

So you'd rather play Butt, whom you already know all about (and, tbf, ain't really gonna give us an awful lot now), than offer time to a quality player like Geremi? And plus, he's probably been told to sit deep.

Guest Darth Toon

I didn't expect Geremi to sit so deep, I also expected to see a lot more quality from him when he is on the ball.

I think a big part of the problem is how conscious all our central midfielders appear to be of their defensive responsibilities - not too many risks being taken breaking beyond the ball, which restricts the options for the man in possession.

Think Barton will make a big difference here as he has the energy/pace to do both.

Guest bluegeordie

Milner - Geremi - Barton - N'Zogbia

and all our troubles will just melt away....

That's my midfield, n'all. Can't wait to see it. No more square pegs/round holes. N'Zogbia being allowed to actually utilise his fiery spark. Milner able to actually cross the ball again. And 'The Key', Barton, back in the side and giving us that drive from midfield.

Need Enrique and Barton fit, and soon!

Agree with all this, and have voted accordingly - Geremi over Butt.

If Geremi is such a quality player.....and he hasn't shown that at Newcastle......why can't he take a free kick or corner and actually make use of it?

Are people forgetting Faye? Long term he will our holding man in midfield IMO. With the players we've got I'd like to see us go with a 4-3-3 with Geremi, Emre and Barton against the easier teams and against the better ones I'd swap Emre for Faye, Owen up top with Martins and Zoggy either side.

So you'd rather play Butt, whom you already know all about (and, tbf, ain't really gonna give us an awful lot now), than offer time to a quality player like Geremi? And plus, he's probably been told to sit deep.

I'm not in charge though, Geremi is indeed sitting deep probably because he has been told to do so. It's because of that he is unlikely to be moving further up the field any time soon, therefore right now his position in the team is somewhat pointless especially at home.

Even when he has been on the ball Geremi has flattered to deceive most of the time, he takes everything, yet has barely created a chance in the first five games.

Are people forgetting Faye? Long term he will our holding man in midfield IMO. With the players we've got I'd like to see us go with a 4-3-3 with Geremi, Emre and Barton against the easier teams and against the better ones I'd swap Emre for Faye, Owen up top with Martins and Zoggy either side.

If our 'official' formation is 4-3-3, you're probably right. And if that is the case, i'd hope you'd be right. Butt's limited to fuck nowadays. Faye actually looked alright when he came on last night tbh.

The logic in the rest of the post is fairly spot on aswell. We've seen Milner up top in a 4-3-3, worth seeing Zoggy there n'all.

Guest bluegeordie

If Geremi is such a quality player.....and he hasn't shown that at Newcastle......why can't he take a free kick or corner and actually make use of it?

Certainly Geremi was one turd in what was a very large sewer last night, but I feel that we've already seen what he's capable of at other times (even in the set piece department), and especially in the pre-season (I know that's not the "real deal", but I'm confident he'll reach those standards again in time, especially once we have a properly balanced midfield line-up).   

I could put this in one of about five different threads, but for the record, when everyone's fit i'd like to see the team like this:

Given

Beye  Rozehnal  Caçapa  Enrique

Milner  Barton  Geremi  N'Zogbia

Owen  Viduka

or

Given

Beye  Rozehnal  Caçapa  Enrique

Geremi

Barton          Emre

-------------UNSURE, TBH :lol: -------------

4-4-2 all the way.

Guest jimmy1982

Butt and Barton. Love their attitudes and the fact that they are both nails. I think Geremi is a very good footballer but wouldn't be at all surprised if we see alot of him at right back this season. Obviously I hope Beye turns out to be class but I tend not to have a lot of confidence in players who are signed from the French league at a relatively senior age these days. Still hoping against all hope that Sam can get something special out of Emre.

I'd drop Butt to be honest,especially at home.

I'd have geremi in the holding role and Barton in front of him in a diamond form.

Milner RIGHT and Duff/Charlie left

Never ever thought i would say this but Duff might be our saviour on that left wing.

I know many will disagree but i think N'Zogbia is too careless and gives the ball away a lot.

As he gets older i'm sure he will cut it out.

But it's Geremi for me ahead of Butt.

Geremi - Barton - Emre - N'zogbia

For me.

What has Geremi done to justify dropping Milner?

Emre or Barton sitting in that formation?

What has Milner created so far this season to justify not being dropped in favour of trying something new?

Geremi - Barton - Emre - N'zogbia

For me.

What has Geremi done to justify dropping Milner?

Emre or Barton sitting in that formation?

What has Milner created so far this season to justify not being dropped in favour of trying something new?

Put more good balls into the box than anyone else yesterday even if it was about 2. But hey lets drop him in favour of Geremi, at least Geremi isn't Milner :thup: