Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7002102.stm

Doesn't need a hernia or groin operation.

Should be fit for West Ham.

total contradiction to anal Oliversion in tonights chronic who is convinced that the Michael will have to have it sooner rather than later, even goes as far as naming  the doc who he will use. Yet more bullshit from a man who wants to let people think he is in the know. His first day back and he is already casting his doom and  gloom over the toon as if we need it or indeed believe it.

Well, I personally agree with everything he says. If an injury is at the 'getting a scan' stage it is in my unqualified opinion that there is an injury and it is causing concern. Otherwise why scan it?

Owen no doubt wants this dragged out until after the England games - the Club should heve been getting the hernia operated on today.

I have given up on caring whether he is fit or not. If he is then fine he is a quality finisher, if he isn't then play Martins. The whole "is owen fit this week" circus is boring and he is clearly going to continue to be an injury liability for his club side for the remainder of his career.

total contradiction to anal Oliversion in tonights chronic who is convinced that the Michael will have to have it sooner rather than later, even goes as far as naming  the doc who he will use. Yet more bullshit from a man who wants to let people think he is in the know. His first day back and he is already casting his doom and  gloom over the toon as if we need it or indeed believe it.

Well, I personally agree with everything he says. If an injury is at the 'getting a scan' stage it is in my unqualified opinion that there is an injury and it is causing concern. Otherwise why scan it?

Owen no doubt wants this dragged out until after the England games - the Club should heve been getting the hernia operated on today.

Do you agree with his comment that "when the results of the scan are known they will confirm what Newcastle have known for the past fortnight that there £17million  man will need an operation in the not too distant future". This is at complete odds with what BSA has said.He has said that owen does not need an operation. It seems that someone has chose to try and set them up for a you heard it first" or we exclusively revealed article or is that me just being cynical cos it has been known where anal is concerned.

Do you agree with his comment that "when the results of the scan are known they will confirm what Newcastle have known for the past fortnight that there £17million  man will need an operation in the not too distant future". This is at complete odds with what BSA has said.He has said that owen does not need an operation. It seems that someone has chose to try and set them up for a you heard it first" or we exclusively revealed article or is that me just being cynical cos it has been known where anal is concerned.

Do you believe Oliver on this or The Club? Although I can fully understand the Clubs need to issue denials about the leading strikers lack of fitness and mobility.

I think it's more a question of WHEN and not IF the operation takes place. It'll be interesting to see if the tail will wag the dog or vice versa.

Do you believe Oliver on this or The Club? Although I can fully understand the Clubs need to issue denials about the leading strikers lack of fitness and mobility.

I think it's more a question of WHEN and not IF the operation takes place. It'll be interesting to see if the tail will wag the dog or vice versa.

tbf i find it very hard to believe owt the man says. so maybe i am more inclined to believe the club(to a point) there is a big difference between playing something down and categorically stating that he does not require surgery. Sam  is pretty straight talking and he knows he has other options so would he not just come out and say he was injured and needed time to recover.

new report from the most reliable of sources  :rolleyes:

Owen facing new op blow

Sep 19 2007 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

MICHAEL OWEN needs an operation to on his troublesome hernia – and the Newcastle United striker will have to have it sooner rather than later.

Owen himself is determined to carry on playing – but sources close to the striker said last night he is resigned to the fact that he faces yet another spell on the sidelines.

Owen had a scan yesterday – and when the results are known they will confirm what United have known for the past fortnight – that their £17m man will need an operation in the not-too-distant future.

And this will mean that Owen will be out for at last a month, and possibly five or six weeks before the turn of the year.

Owen is likely to head for Munich and top German surgeon Dr Ulrike Muschaweak, who operated on both Alan Shearer and Steve Harper in the past couple of years, and both players made a successful recovery.

One of the reasons United will insist on Owen having his operation sooner rather than later is because they will be without Oba Martins in the New Year.

The Nigerian striker will be away on Africans Cup duty, as will Geremi, Habib Beye, Abdoulaye Faye, Matty Pattison and possibly Celestine Babayaro.

Owen came off in Monday’s depressing defeat at Derby County after 55 minutes with what was described as groin trouble, and United are playing down all talk about an operation.

Obviously there is a difficult decision to be made here by Owen, Sam Allardyce and United’s medical staff, and it is bound to be a touchy subject.

England have two important Euro games with Estonia and Russia on October 13 and 17 respectively, and there is no doubt the little striker is needed by country.

But at the same time, United would be well within their rights to let Owen carry on playing until the game with Everton at St James’ Park on October 7 and let the hernia operation go ahead during the international break.

But this would not go down well with Owen or England boss Steve McClaren.

Allardyce has not ruled Owen out of Sunday’s game with West Ham at St James’, but there has to be a big doubt whether the England man will be given the chance to repeat the winning goal of his last home appearance.

Sunday sees the start of a spell of three games in six days, with the Carling Cup tie at Arsenal on Tuesday night and the visit to Manchester City on the Saturday lunch-time.

And Owen’s latest problems could not have come at a worse time for all concerned with the club.

crocked yet again.  just had to say something to get my one and only thread back on top above james' gay polls

Isn't talking about players' groins just going to get him even more excited?

damn you

If he needs an op it should be done NOW - no hesitating about England or anything else ; if there is a groin problem, delaying it will make it worse and take longer to recover from.

Whilst I think he is a great finisher(and a decent player apart from that), this should put the Club on a warning for the future - as I said yesterday, I believe Ashton would be a great asset to us(I was concerned about his fitness after the ankle injury, but there was no sign of that on Sunday)and if it is possible, we should try to get him, either in Jan or the summer ; that way, we would have a replacement for Owen if & when he goes and also, Ashton is strong enough to take Viduka's role as target man.

Once again, we have done everything backside first - we could have got Ashton when we needed a replacement for Shearer at the time he was with Norwich - instead, Fat Fred & Souness go for a huge publicity signing in Owen for a ridiculous fee, whereas the Hammers got Ashton for 7m...

Owen has been constantly injured, and whilst Ashton suffered a bad ankle injury, he at least got them to a Cup Final first..

How much do you think he would cost us from West Ham now - 12m ?

We ARE going to have to look for a similar player in the next 2 years or so.

Op in Germany this Friday if it hasnt been mentioned elsewhere.

just heard that on carling cup coverage on five live

i would like an appology now JAMES...;)

I can see Owen pulling up on Sunday, and then the club saying he now needs surgery...

Might need to recall Carroll now Owens out for 8 weeks, unless Emre and Barton get their arses back and we can use Smith upfront to not score any goals.

Guest SeattleToon

The key player for us up front is Viduka, not Owen....I'm much more worried about his injury. We've only scored one goal this season when Viduka wasn't on the pitch, and that was Owen's against 10-man Wigan.

I can see Owen pulling up on Sunday, and then the club saying he now needs surgery...

Might need to recall Carroll now Owens out for 8 weeks, unless Emre and Barton get their arses back and we can use Smith upfront to not score any goals.

Can't recall him until January.

Blow for Owen, but it should only be a 3 week injury and we have a quite capable backup in Martins on the bench.

Anyone else delighted Martins is going to get a run in?

happy we've got him to fill in,delighted is far too strong a word.

Maybe so, its just if i can choose one of them to be off in the window, it wouldn't be the one who's fit 90% of the season.