Soccer AM this morning.

Optimistic Nut

I watched it today. usually dont but wanted to see what oli had to say. He was really whoring himself out to clubs. Was saying that he went to see Richard Steadman during the summer to get his hip sorted, but because he isn't at a club he had to pay for it himself. Seemed like he was desperate to get back into football, was saying how bored he is at weekends now. He didnt even mention last season (infact the fact that he was here last season was only mentioned once by Andy Goldstein), so was obviously embarrassing for him.

Seems a nice enough lad, shame what happened to him. He's still only 27 so should be enjoying his best years in an ideal world. They showed a few of his goals in his first stint here, reminded me of what a great player he was, and could've been.

I used to love Bernard, wasn't great positionally but absolutely hard as nails and quite good going forward.

Ironically enough it used to seem impossible to injure the lad, I remember the Gravesen leg breaker! Didn't he play on after that? (Fucking cheats!).

Guest WalkervilleMag

great player, but turned to greed, which basicly fkd his career up.  I've no doubt he would of still been here and 1st choice if he had accepted that contract he was offered.

OMG Soccer AM is soooooo rubbish, and that guy who's not on it any more is soooooo annoying.

[/first]

Couldn't agree more - Tim "Reverent" Lovejoy was one of the biggest pains in the @rse ever to ruin a TV show. His hangers on, who all thought they were hilariously funny, were even worse. Peabrained at best. My mate kept watching it for a flash of whatsernames* knickers....even if she paraded around starkers I couldn't have faced such excruciating crap for more than a second or two !

*Helen Chamberlein - thats the name.

he still lives up here i think,sure it was him i saw in ponteland sports centre last saturday morning

I was thinking he may well do so.  He was here for years, so if he's not in france, he'd probably be here.

I've only seen him in public once (in Newcastle) and that was while he played for Southampton - so he's definitely stayed involved here.  May have a geordie girlfriend or something