Islamic footballers

Beren

dunno about all of muslim footballers, but the interview with Mido in the Guardian today said that he's fasting on all days aside from matchdays.

must make training a right pain in the arse..you'd be permanently knackered.

They can (NOT) fast if they want to, islam allows them to eat if it effects their work or lifes.

Mido has stated before that he dosn't fast in match days..Diouf, Anelka also don't fast.don't know about the others.

This. Plus muslims can make up for not fasting in ramadan by fasting at another time, and by being especially charitable during the month.

When you're at work all day watching people eat three times I reckon it's pretty hard. They can't drink either, including water.

Who the hell eats their breakfast, dinner and tea at work in a single day?

I scoff a bowl of porridge at home at about 6am each day. I have a salad at about midday at work and have my tea at home in the evening. Nobody at work sees me eat 3 times.

When you're at work all day watching people eat three times I reckon it's pretty hard. They can't drink either, including water.

I scoff a bowl of porridge at home at about 6am each day. I have a salad at about midday at work and have my tea at home in the evening. Nobody at work sees me eat 3 times.

:lol: bunch of wankers doing it on purpose

"oi that guys fasting, lets eat all day in front of him"

Aye. Fasting itself is only difficult depending on the person and their circumstance - otherwise, its just like missing lunch and being able to ignore slight thirst. Humans physically are comfortably capable of going for 12-14 hours without food or water on a daily basis.

:lol: bunch of wankers doing it on purpose

"oi that guys fasting, lets eat all day in front of him"

That's all that school has been for entertainment recently, it's harsh as hell though.  :lol:

Aye. Fasting itself is only difficult depending on the person and their circumstance - otherwise, its just like missing lunch and being able to ignore slight thirst. Humans physically are comfortably capable of going for 12-14 hours without food or water on a daily basis.

They are but it would still be hellish having to do it though.  Even if i've been round to Burger King for my lunch the first thing I think about when I get home from work is what i'm having for my tea.

I luuurve my food, always thinking with my stomach.  Giving up eating during the day would be an absolute nightmare for me.  I'm right glad i'm not a Muslim.

Even when they're not fasting do they not have restrictions on what they're allowed to eat?  Fuck not being allowed to go to Burger King.  I would find that really depressing.  And they can't even go to the pub to sulk about it.  That Allah's a bit too fussy for my liking.  You'd have thought he'd have more pressing concerns, being God and all that.

They are but it would still be hellish having to do it though.  Even if i've been round to Burger King for my lunch the first thing I think about when I get home from work is what i'm having for my tea.

I luuurve my food, always thinking with my stomach.  Giving up eating during the day would be an absolute nightmare for me.  I'm right glad i'm not a Muslim.

Even when they're not fasting do they not have restrictions on what they're allowed to eat?  f*** not being allowed to go to Burger King.  I would find that really depressing.  And they can't even go to the pub to sulk about it.  That Allah's a bit too fussy for my liking.  You'd have thought he'd have more pressing concerns, being God and all that.

try it,it's worth it,go 24hrs without food,either do it for sponsor money or on your own to prove you can do it,and think about what it's like to go without ,wothout the choice.

Even when they're not fasting do they not have restrictions on what they're allowed to eat?  f*** not being allowed to go to Burger King.  I would find that really depressing.  And they can't even go to the pub to sulk about it.  That Allah's a bit too fussy for my liking.  You'd have thought he'd have more pressing concerns, being God and all that.

Where I live the halal burger places knock spots of BK so once sundown comes, no problem. Wouldn't fancy one for breakfast like.

I can't stand BK but one of my lads likes the spicey bean burgers so we get stuck with that and all the plastic tat they give away. Him and his brother have got those little plastic Monty Burns statues that keep whispering "excellent" loudly (you know what I mean) across the room. Does my head in.

A stunning amount of ignorance shown in this thread by people who know less than fuck all about muslims and ramadan.

HINT -if you don't have a clue what you are on about, don't make it obvious to everybody by your moronic statements