Charles N'Zogbia at left back

James

Guest optimistic nit

he has all the attributes to be a very good player.

good tackler, understands the game, he can hit it, cross it, dribble with it, he has pace and accelleration and he's quite strong as well. i cant think of any real weakness.

he has all the attributes to be a very good player.

good tackler, understands the game, he can hit it, cross it, dribble with it, he has pace and accelleration and he's quite strong as well. i cant think of any real weakness.

Great balance as well, His centre of gravity seems very good.

1 fault, Well aint really a fault perhaps inexperience, He tries to take to many players on he'll skip past a player and instead of passing it out wide he'll try and pass another player and quite often results in us giving the ball away and then Zoggy out of position.

The kid's a class act. So delighted Roeder didn't manage to force him out - can you imagine if we were having to watch him playing like he is for f****** Fulham or something?

*Shudder*

One of the few things I've always gotten animated about, pimping The Zog. :D

So happy he's stayed, he'll make the left wing spot his own once Enrique is ready to play at LB.

Guest optimistic nit

The kid's a class act. So delighted Roeder didn't manage to force him out - can you imagine if we were having to watch him playing like he is for f****** Fulham or something?

*Shudder*

So happy he's stayed, he'll make the left wing spot his own once Enrique is ready to play at LB.

not really an achievement when your only competing with matty pattison though is it ;)

*Shudder*

not really an achievement when your only competing with matty pattison though is it ;)

Damien Duff?  :razz:

We also have the option of keeping Milner on the left and leaving Alan s*** on the right.

Guest optimistic nit

*Shudder*

We also have the option of keeping Milner on the left and leaving Alan s*** on the right.

does he still play for us? ;)

*Shudder*

does he still play for us? ;)

I'm actually giving him another chance this season, really hoping he gets fit and sharp. Can play both sides as well and we do desperately need cover on the flanks.

For me, Zoggy at LB is a mixture of the very good and the very poor. When he has space to get forward, he can really open things up for us with his pace.

Defensively though, he's pretty horrendous. He often gives the ball away when not under any particular pressure, and lands us in the shit. His positioning (eg the Carlton Cole chance) is also very suspect.

BUT, he now seems in the frame of mind to learn, and defensive skills can be taught. He reminds me a bit of Ashley Cole, and if he applies himself, he can reach that kind of standard.

Allardyce's comments on the official site suggests he plans on keeping him at left back.

Twisting his words tbh.

It's purely a jee-up to Enrique to force his way into the team.

How have I twisted his words?

"There's no saying Jose can take his place now" suggests to me he's happy to keep playing him there unless Enrique can force himself into the team.

From today's Sun:

Some players are likely to be rested, though Charles N’Zogbia will surely want another chance to show the increase in quality of performance that has come with his new settled status.

N’Zogbia, who created two goals and scored the other against West Ham on Sunday, signed a new deal after advice from team-mate Geremi.

Cameroon star Geremi said: “It was in his mind to leave when I joined Newcastle in the summer. I asked him where he was going and he told me the club. I said ‘Don’t make that kind of mistake’.

“I told him ‘Where you want to go is not good’ and that Newcastle was far better than the club he wanted to join.

"I can’t tell you which club, though. I just told him to work hard and he would get a chance. Now you can see the results. He’s great.”

Talking about Fulham maybe?

interesting stat from .com:

And as well as the pleasure of sealing our victory, that goal put him ahead of a fellow Frenchman former occupant of the number 14 shirt, one David Ginola - who managed seven strikes during his time on Tyneside.

Always forget Ginola scored such a small amount of goals for us. Then again I guess Zog's already been here longer than Daveed was.

Zoggy has certainly already shown he has the potential to be better for us than both Ginola and Robert were, plus he can have a much better/more positive attitude on the pitch.

interesting stat from .com:

And as well as the pleasure of sealing our victory, that goal put him ahead of a fellow Frenchman former occupant of the number 14 shirt, one David Ginola - who managed seven strikes during his time on Tyneside.

Always forget Ginola scored such a small amount of goals for us. Then again I guess Zog's already been here longer than Daveed was.

Zoggy has certainly already shown he has the potential to be better for us than both Ginola and Robert were, plus he can have a much better/more positive attitude on the pitch.

Maybe the potential to be better in everything that Ginola was capable of but when it comes to Robert, there is only one Robert who can score 30 yard screamer free kicks...

The kid's a class act. So delighted Roeder didn't manage to force him out - can you imagine if we were having to watch him playing like he is for fucking Fulham or something?

Continually showing what a muppet Roeder was really.

Thats Geremi already considered a quality signing without any performance taken into account.

Started the moves in the last game which led to the 1st and 3rd goal.

He's not that good looking though.