Man City vs Newcastle

Decky

This is how I would line up against City, Martins will come good, I would be more worried if he was not getting any chances to miss, the lad is low on confidence and is panicking a tad in front of goal, he knows he needs to score goals to stay in the side. Viduka will help him a hell of a lot more than Shola would do too.

Emre was bright enough so let him start we need him to create chances, the lads seem to love Geremi and as skipper he should start.

Milner has taken a dip in form but we have no other natural wide right player so he has to start, Zoggy well deserves to be wide right also.

Our back four need more games for fitness and more games to get used to playing together, its a bright enough start by them and I am sure they will et better too.

A FUCKING 4-4-2 THOUGH!! Both Zoggy and Milner are shite on the end of a line of three!!

Beye----Taylor-------Roze------Enrique

Milner---Geremi------Emre------Zoggy

---------Martins-------Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Faye

Butt

Smith

Shola

If Emre can stay fit, he will be picked because we have no one else that is creative in mid-field. It's a chance for him to become a fan's favourite again and who knows, if he plays a couple of games and forms a good partnership with Barton he may want to stay in January..

GIVEN

BEYE              ROZENHAL                          TAYLOR                  ENRIQUE

MILNER          BUTT                                  EMRE                      N'ZOGBIA

MARTINS                            VIDUKA

Subs: Harper, Faye, Geremi, Smith, Edgar.

Just making up the subs bench there, had to think who was left for the fifth substitute. Just shows we are lacking a few players in the squad as a whole...

Play 4-4-2

I'm not sure if Cacapa is still injured but if he is then Taylor should play in his place:

Harper

Beye            Taylor                              Rozehnal            Enrique

Milner          Geremi                          Emre                    N'Zogbia

Viduka              Martins

Bring on Smith for Viduka and Butt for either Geremi or Emre. Can also bring in Faye for one of the CBs or CMs later on...

Guest Hodgson09

I think we should play some mind tricks on Man City, and only start with 10 players. It will really mess with there heads. Then sneak on the 11th player with some toilet paper stuck to his foot.

If we do this we will win, if not 3-2 loss

Play 4-4-2

I'm not sure if Cacapa is still injured but if he is then Taylor should play in his place:

Harper

Beye            Taylor                               Rozehnal            Enrique

Milner           Geremi                           Emre                    N'Zogbia

Viduka               Martins

Bring on Smith for Viduka and Butt for either Geremi or Emre. Can also bring in Faye for one of the CBs or CMs later on...

Totaly agree with your team and subs. I would have played Taylor with Cacapa if fit though, as Roz has been found out in the air, that's a big weakness for a CB, i hope he can sort it out though.

I'm expecting a 451 from Sam.

I would settle for 4-5-1  away fro home, as long as he forgets this fkn 4-3-3 bollocks.

------------------Given

Beye-----Taylor--------Roze------Enrique

------------------Geremi

Milner----Martins------Emre-----Zoggy

-----------------Viduka

I would settle for 4-5-1  away fro home, as long as he forgets this fkn 4-3-3 bollocks.

------------------Given

Beye-----Taylor--------Roze------Enrique

------------------Geremi

Milner----Martins------Emre-----Zoggy

-----------------Viduka

basically the same thing,4-3-3 when we have the ball, 4-5-1 when they have the ball

Sam should play

Given

Beye  Taylor Roze Enrique

Milner Geremi Butt Zoggy

Viduka  Martins

He wont though i expect Harper Smith to come in i reckon Enrique will be on the bench

score prediction

0-0 bore draw and i would be happy with a point unless we take the lead then i expect a clean sheet

Don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think a point would be a good result, it'd be an acceptable result.

For teams fighting relegation it'd be a good result, they talk about going to places like Man City and nicking a point. But it's not like we're going to Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford, let's have a bit of perspective. If getting a draw at Man City is considered a good result then you'd have to say that finishing 11th or so in the league would be a good finish.

Don't mean to sound pedantic but I don't think a point would be a good result, it'd be an acceptable result.

For teams fighting relegation it'd be a good result, they talk about going to places like Man City and nicking a point. But it's not like we're going to Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford, let's have a bit of perspective. If getting a draw at Man City is considered a good result then you'd have to say that finishing 11th or so in the league would be a good finish.

Considering we got beaten at Pride Park, it's a good result.

Guest ToonGeneral

As Viduka is injured there is no need to risk him, keep him on the bench. Shola is also injured but i wouldnt start him anyway.

Given

Beye----Rozy---Taylor---Enrique

Milner---Emre----Butt----Zoggy

Smith----Martins

Or maybe play Geremi as he is our captain.

So that's our yardstick for the season then? A defeat to Derby. Does that mean Aston Villa should be devastated if they draw at home to Man Utd, because they beat Chelsea 2-0?

I dread to see what people think when we do have to go to places like Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge. Should we just throw the towel in then and concentrate on damage limitation - try to keep them down to two or three goals?

So that's our yardstick for the season then? A defeat to Derby. Does that mean Aston Villa should be devastated if they draw at home to Man Utd, because they beat Chelsea 2-0?

I dread to see what people think when we do have to go to places like Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge. Should we just throw the towel in then and concentrate on damage limitation - try to keep them down to two or three goals?

No. You're right we should be aiming to beat Citeh, but if we come away with a point it's something to build on.

Guest ToonGeneral

You are right. Its not like Man City have scored goals for fun this year. We should have no fear.

No. You're right we should be aiming to beat Citeh, but if we come away with a point it's something to build on.

I could take positives from a draw, it'd be an acceptable result in the circumstances and as you say something to build confidence with if we can go to our rivals and give them a game at their place. But Man City are not that good, they're still a new team very much like ourselves and they have quite a lot of average players. I'd like to think we'll be going down there for the 3 points, not playing for a draw and trying to nick something if we're lucky, which might be an acceptable attitude at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge.

I could take positives from a draw, it'd be an acceptable result in the circumstances and as you say something to build confidence with if we can go to our rivals and give them a game at their place. But Man City are not that good, they're still a new team very much like ourselves and they have quite a lot of average players. I'd like to think we'll be going down there for the 3 points.

we didnt even go to derby for 3 points, who knows what we're playing here for. single figures?