Reserves beat Wigan 3-1; Barton scores and plays well

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's hoping Smith will get injured tbh

Is he playing?

nah i mean thats why he's holding off putting barton back in, so he doesnt have to drop the owners son

:jesuswept:

Smith hasnt been as bad as people are saying and now some people want him to get injured.

Against Mancity he was far from our worst player yet he's getting slated.

you probably need to get rid of the poll at the top

yes!  :frantic: i voted "BOO" b/c i thought it was in reaction to the news of JB being out for a longer time...  imagine my surprise at how many were rejoicing!

this is nothing to panic about. it's not a "setback" he just needs reserve games to get fitness and sharpness back. if we threw him out there straight away we'd be risking injury and would slag off his performances. i'm one of the biggest barton supporters out there and loved him even at city, but let sam do his job this is the right way to bring back a player after months of injury.

Zog on the left, Emre in the centre with Geremi or Butt and we will start to look a bit better until Barton is fully fit.

Definitely, hardly rocket science like

but will fat sam do anything about it  my guess is no at this moment in time  :weep:

Guest optimistic nit

Headline on BBC: Newcastle hit by Barton setback.

Headline on .cock: Barton back in action.

Same day, essentially the same story.  Journalism is simply the lowest profession in the world. 

FYP.

ok so bartons playing for the reserves tonight, along with enrique, faye and emre. does this not rule them out for everton, and also how can he be 4 weeks off playing 1st team if hes playing for reserves? there cant be that much difference!

playing reserve matches and premier league match are night and day. he needs time to build up his fitness i reckon he'll play 50-60 minutes tonight

Guest eyeball_tickler

i know "f*** the midfield, lets just hoof it down the pitch" is the sarky answer, but its the right one.

ok so bartons playing for the reserves tonight, along with enrique, faye and emre. does this not rule them out for everton, and also how can he be 4 weeks off playing 1st team if hes playing for reserves? there cant be that much difference!

playing reserve matches and premier league match are night and day. he needs time to build up his fitness i reckon he'll play 50-60 minutes tonight

yeah but 4 weeks? and so will emre be able to play sunday?

playing reserve matches and premier league matches are night and day. he needs time to build up his fitness i reckon he'll play 50-60 minutes tonight

yeah but 4 weeks? and so will emre be able to play sunday?

knowing big sam.....only as a substitute