Oh, Martin...

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

It’s not always about the scoreboard. It’s about the development of players like Kaboul, Bale and Aaron Lennon.

It’s been a bad start, but it’s not as bad as it seems. Nothing is as it seems in football.

I have to combine the results with the development. Even at Arsenal that is not the case."

sounds like a desperate man

I feel sorry for Jol.

He's dropped a few bollocks this season, but many of them have been dropped under the utterly fucking absurd pressure put on him after the first day result at Sunderland.

Spurs are a bit of a joke. He gives them 2 consecutive top 6 finishes, after none (or was it one) in 16 odd years, and all of a sudden they think they're Real Madrid.

They embody pretty much everything which is wrong with football these days.

Wanky 'director of football' position causing friction? Check.

Absurd splashing of money in desperate attempt at success? Check.

Overinflated view of own significance? Check.

Consistent failure to stare facts in the face? Check.

I feel sorry for Jol.

He's dropped a few bollocks this season, but many of them have been dropped under the utterly fucking absurd pressure put on him after the first day result at Sunderland.

Spurs are a bit of a joke. He gives them 2 consecutive top 6 finishes, after none (or was it one) in 16 odd years, and all of a sudden they think they're Real Madrid.

Sounds like a Club not a million miles from my own heart.

I feel sorry for Jol.

He's dropped a few bollocks this season, but many of them have been dropped under the utterly f****** absurd pressure put on him after the first day result at Sunderland.

With one very important difference - we didn't lose to the unwashed

Guest kingdawson

So if our players are so good Martin, why the f*** are we in a relegation fight??. The guy just said a couple of days ago that Mourinho couldnt have done a better job then him with this squad and now he cmes up with this. Thanks for the good service but go away now.

So if our players are so good Martin, why the f*** are we in a relegation fight??. The guy just said a couple of days ago that Mourinho couldnt have done a better job then him with this squad and now he cmes up with this. Thanks for the good service but go away now.

Was reading a thread on GG about something similair and came across this golden nugget;

"We invented total football, try not to forget that"

:lol:

Was reading a thread on GG about something similair and came across this golden nugget;

"We invented total football, try not to forget that"

:lol:

What a load of shite.  Everyone knows West Ham did :laugh:

Jol's record with young players is a good one. It's just a pity that he had to compare himself with Arsenal, who have been the best of all.

A big advantage that Wenger has had is that he's built his teams on the back of a good defence. From Adams, to Campbell, to Toure, he's always had that backbone. And it's the Spurs defence that is holding them back at the moment.

And of course there's that DOF position, which has caused problems both for Jol and Mourinho.

I feel sorry for Jol.

He's dropped a few bollocks this season, but many of them have been dropped under the utterly f****** absurd pressure put on him after the first day result at Sunderland.

With one very important difference - we didn't lose to the unwashed

Haven't played them yet tho...

Jol's record with young players is a good one. It's just a pity that he had to compare himself with Arsenal, who have been the best of all.

A big advantage that Wenger has had is that he's built his teams on the back of a good defence. From Adams, to Campbell, to Toure, he's always had that backbone. And it's the Spurs defence that is holding them back at the moment.

And of course there's that DOF position, which has caused problems both for Jol and Mourinho.

See, I think Spurs are shite from back to front this year.  All their players have been poor so far

Jol's record with young players is a good one.

Is it?

Lennon had one good season, little since.

Dawson had one decent season, been part of a joke defence since.

Routledge has done f*ck all.

Huddlestone has looked good in bits and bobs, nothing spectacular though.

and so on...

Stinks of Newcastle 2003-5. Couple of good seasons where the "buying good young players" policy looks good before you realise, they're not that great afterall.

Guest kingdawson

Jol's record with young players is a good one.

Is it?

Lennon had one good season, little since.

Dawson had one decent season, been part of a joke defence since.

Routledge has done f*ck all.

Huddlestone has looked good in bits and bobs, nothing spectacular though.

and so on...

Stinks of Newcastle 2003-5. Couple of good seasons where the "buying good young players" policy looks good before you realise, they're not that great afterall.

Look i want Jol out but to say he hasent done much with youngsters is a bit of a joke really.

Lennon has been very good since signing from Leeds and has won a number of England call ups

Dawson has been very good since signing from Forest and has been called up numerous times for his country

Huddlestone looks to be an excellent prospect and has shown a great deal of potential

Taarabt is probably the most exciting thing to come out from the Lane in a long time and looks to be an outstanding prospect

Bale looks like his adapted well to life in the premiership and looks the business

Kaboul is a monster and has looked impressive

Derek prince Boateng will get his chance soon

Routledge is probably the only youngster that hasent made the cut tbh.

Guest optimistic nit

there was one of those spurs vs newcastle threads a while back and i was shocked at how weak both of our central midfields are. that is one of their main problems imo, they've got nowt special in the centre (like us).