Shay Concedes 7 in Three Games

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

Harsh for Harper to have been dropped, but theres no doubt in my mind that Given is the better keeper, and is the man to play there long-term.

Poor defending has caused Given to have conceded 5 in 2 games.

I'm not sure why Harper was dropped tb.

Pulled off a few great saves against West Ham.

good saves not great saves, most competant goalkeepers would've been expected to save what he saved. I'm no fan of Harper but he has done nothing to get dropped aside from general slow approach to anything which infuriates me no end

good saves not great saves, most competant goalkeepers would've been expected to save what he saved. I'm no fan of Harper but he has done nothing to get dropped aside from general slow approach to anything which infuriates me no end

Harper looks for players in space, usually without success, Given just kicks it anywhere.

How many could he have easily saved?

NONE

yes he mightve got lucky but shit defending and pure class players scored 5 past him... david james let 4 in today, that mean he is one of the worst keepers and should be dropped? dont think so

Harper looks for players in space, usually without success, Given just kicks it anywhere.

Given is usually quite slow in distribution as well id say, compared to say David James or Paul Robinson, and yes Harper looks for people but often doesn't release it. Plus his general attitude towards speeding the game up when we are drawing/behind when he has goal/free kicks is usually non existant.

Guest Synthespian

Shay is just the most fantastic shot-stopper, and he really is a class act.

If he could organise a defence a bit better ... well ...

Guest optimistic nit

Harsh for Harper to have been dropped, but theres no doubt in my mind that Given is the better keeper, and is the man to play there long-term.

funny how poor defending often coincides with given being in goal.

Anyone who thinks Harper is even close to Given in terms of quality needs their fucking heads checked.  If we didn't have Shay for the past 10 years fuck knows where we'd be now.

I know this is a blatant wind up, but it's just giving the odd clueless cunt a reason to blame Given for defeats like yesterday.

I cant believe this.I think Given did a very good job yesterday.I think there was hardly anything that he or Harper if he was playing could have done to prevent the goals.It was poor defending for me.

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

That depends on whether you consider the foul leading to the free-kick as a silly challenge.