Jose Enrique.

jimmymag

How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete, who cost over £6 million, to get match fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

I don't think anyone on this forum is qualified to answer that question about any player, really.  :undecided:

How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete, who cost over £6 million, to get match fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

Who knows.

You appear to be asking who was responsible for signing him. All I can say is that as Fred (ex chariman) was responsible for all our disgraceful failure to win load of trophies, and all our shit buys and any other manager or player that was as such a sure fire winner, he would be able to tell you, as he also decided who to buy and who to sell.

So its either Allardyes fault, or Ashley or Morts. Which questions your previous claim made on many occasions that Shepherd was the reason we didn't win everything in sight. So I'm looking forward to us matching the Champions League qualifications that the alst shite board got us to which is clearly not good enough.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I've spoken to Spanish people at my uni and they have assured me that he is one of the most promising players from Spain and was one of the strongest left-backs in the league last season.

We just have to be patient.

Who knows.

You appear to be asking who was responsible for signing him. All I can say is that as Fred (ex chariman) was responsible for all our disgraceful failure to win load of trophies, and all our shit buys and any other manager or player that was as such a sure fire winner, he would be able to tell you, as he also decided who to buy and who to sell.

So its either Allardyes fault, or Ashley or Morts. Which questions your previous claim made on many occasions that Shepherd was the reason we didn't win everything in sight. So I'm looking forward to us matching the Champions League qualifications that the alst shite board got us to which is clearly not good enough.

I didn't think it possible but you are getting even more pathetic.

What exactly has his transfer fee got to do with this?

How about this:

Q. How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete to get physically fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

A. Depends on his level of physical fitness when he arrived. Obvious, innit.

Settling in is another factor, language barrier, i think a lot of people are over looking moving to another country takes time.

Agree with Optomystyc Nyt.

Is he our only recent foreign signing then? Of course not, so what's so different about Enrique apart from his age?

A 21 year old with confidence in his own ability should be chomping at the bit to show us what he can do. I agreed with the policy of introducing him slowly but 2 months in to his NUFC career and he's still not starting is a bit over protective IMO.

How about this:

Q. How long should it take a 21 year old professional athlete to get physically fit so that he can play Premiership football on a regular basis?

His transfer fee is usually an indication of his ability. If he's as good as people say he is why isn't he playing? That's all I want to know.

He's being introduced to the prem in stages, same as Beye was. He'll probably get more than a half next game then playing full games from then on......

Is this the same Beye who was thrown straight into the squad for Derby and has started every game since?

I agree with jimmymag, some time to settle in is normal, even a bit longer if you're overprotective, but Enrique has been training with us for a long time now and he needs the games. Our easier games have come and gone, now we have Everton, Tottenham and the 'big four' still to come and he still hasn't started a Premiership game. Perhaps he's been injured for longer than they were letting on, who knows.

How about this:

His transfer fee is usually an indication of his ability. If he's as good as people say he is why isn't he playing? That's all I want to know.

You have questioned his ability to get physically fit to be ready to play, which in fact has nowt at all to do with the transfer fee.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

He's being introduced to the prem in stages, same as Beye was. He'll probably get more than a half next game then playing full games from then on......

Is this the same Beye who was thrown straight into the squad for Derby and has started every game since?

He's our only right-back and a Champions League class player.

Enough said.

Enough said.

He's also alot older than Enrique and therefore able to handle the pressure of being thrown into the deep end.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Enough said.

He's also alot older than Enrique and therefore able to handle the pressure of being thrown into the deep end.

Of course.

Enrique is already one of Spain's best wing backs. We just have to wait for him to gain fitness and adjust to the country and league. Big Sam has bought plenty of foreign players in his time, he knows what he is doing.

I agree with jimmymag, some time to settle in is normal, even a bit longer if you're overprotective, but Enrique has been training with us for a long time now and he needs the games. Our easier games have come and gone, now we have Everton, Tottenham and the 'big four' still to come and he still hasn't started a Premiership game. Perhaps he's been injured for longer than they were letting on, who knows.

Beye was a late sub then has played two games on the belt, Enrique has been sub, full game, then sub again. Not 'that' much diff tbh, if he continues to be a sub or left out the squad then i'll start to get worried about his fitness.

Looked pretty pacy today I think, even got the better of Onouha. Should be nice to see him settle in and N'Zogbia moving up to midfield. Btw Swedish television praised N'Zogbia for five minutes during todays broadcast, he really is building some reputation now.

For what?  He was fucking hopeless and at fault for the first two goals.

How about this:

Transfer fee's mean nothing know in determining ability. Bent for example.