Milner wants call-up

Dokko

Looks like he will struggle to be in the squad now that emre and barton are coming back in.  I for one wont miss him, i think he adds very little against prem teams. 

Useful for cup games and to cover injuries is all.  ie hes no better than a useful squad player

I'm sick of our England hopefuls, at least according to their own estimation, like Milner/Ameobi and formerly Dyer talking up a big-game.

They should prove their worth out on the pitch at club-level first and foremost, rather than blabber about their England ambitions in the press.

So when asked something along the lines of "so James what are your future international ambitions?" He should just tell them he isn't going to answer the question?

Its nothing like Ameobi who was claiming he should make it, tbh.

I'm sick of our England hopefuls, at least according to their own estimation, like Milner/Ameobi and formerly Dyer talking up a big-game.

They should prove their worth out on the pitch at club-level first and foremost, rather than blabber about their England ambitions in the press.

So when asked something along the lines of "so James what are your future international ambitions?" He should just tell them he isn't going to answer the question?

Its nothing like Ameobi who was claiming he should make it, tbh.

Maybe he should just point out that he will keep trying hard. He isn't good enough for us never mind England at present. As well you know, I am pretty sure he isn't going to be either if we want to succeed.

So basically what he said in the article then Pie? Or did you not actually read it but just noticed a chance to have a dig?

"I want to play for England" Seems to suggest he has ambitions beyond his means.

Milner digs? I don't need to. He has been doing a much better job of proving his ineptitude lately than I ever could.

Guest Rodimus Prime

He has a lot of work to do on his all-round game before he can even consider a call-up. He doesn't seem to have pushed on from last season, but time will tell. He's still only 21 remember.

So basically what he said in the article then Pie? Or did you not actually read it but just noticed a chance to have a dig?

"I want to play for England" Seems to suggest he has ambitions beyond his means.

Milner digs? I don't need to. He has been doing a much better job of proving his ineptitude lately than I ever could.

ah yes "young lad dreams of playing for england", too right-  fucking diabolical..

"It's not on my mind too much, because you'll only get into the England squad by playing good football for Newcastle.

"You have to do it week in, week out, and also take your chances with the Under-21s when they come your way. But it's something that I definitely want to do in the future."

Yep that Milner comes across as a right arrogant over ambitious prick there! Fancy an England U21 international having the downright cheek to want to play for the senior squad one day! The way he talks about not thinking about it too much and having to put in consistantly good performances at club level make him all the more arrogant, what a tosser that Milner kid really is! About time someone told him to keep his feet on the ground huh!?

You really are quite pathetic Pie, but I do want to find out one day what Milner has did to you :lol:

"It's not on my mind too much, because you'll only get into the England squad by playing good football for Newcastle.

"You have to do it week in, week out, and also take your chances with the Under-21s when they come your way. But it's something that I definitely want to do in the future."

Yep that Milner comes across as a right arrogant over ambitious prick there! Fancy an England U21 international having the downright cheek to want to play for the senior squad one day! The way he talks about not thinking about it too much and having to put in consistantly good performances at club level make him all the more arrogant, what a tosser that Milner kid really is! About time someone told him to keep his feet on the ground huh!?

You really are quite pathetic Pie, but I do want to find out one day what Milner has did to you :lol:

Still right though Jon. That's what is really irking you. Milner is just not good enough. Even you are beginning to see that.  :razz:

Still right how? Load of s*** from you as usual after he obviously got your wife to let him smash her back doors in even though you have been trying for years with little success. :razz:

Really? You seem to be happy diverting attention from things with stuff like this than debating. To use your favourite word Jon, pathetic  :razz:

Milner seems to be doing everything I need to put the rug under your argument that he is more than good enough for us. He may be if you accept mediocrity. If not, you are very very wrong. Enjoy the atmosphere on Sunday?

I've said this many times...Milner is a good squad player...Nothing more than that...He will NEVER get an England call up NEVER...

I've said this many times...Milner is a good squad player...Nothing more than that...He will NEVER get an England call up NEVER...

Not saying he is good enough but players a lot worse have.

Gavin McCann('t) for example...

*shudders*

Still right how? Load of s*** from you as usual after he obviously got your wife to let him smash her back doors in even though you have been trying for years with little success. :razz:

Really? You seem to be happy diverting attention from things with stuff like this than debating. To use your favourite word Jon, pathetic  :razz:

Milner seems to be doing everything I need to put the rug under your argument that he is more than good enough for us. He may be if you accept mediocrity. If not, you are very very wrong. Enjoy the atmosphere on Sunday?

It wasn't too bad where I was sitting.

Seems the worm is turning  :lol:

Point out where I said he should be playing for England and I will admit I am wrong, if you can't then obviously you look like a bit of an idiot dont you? ;)

Point out where I said he should be playing for England and I will admit I am wrong, if you can't then obviously you look like a bit of an idiot dont you? ;)

:lol: No more than a fella who is now openly admitting Milner isnt good enough for an England cap but thinks he is more than good enough for us! How bizarre. My ambitions for us seem to be a little higher than yours.

:lol: No more than a fella who is now openly admitting Milner isnt good enough for an England cap but thinks he is more than good enough for us! How bizarre. My ambitions for us seem to be a little higher than yours.

We should have a team of players good enough for England?  Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

We should have a team of players good enough for England?  Doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

Bowyer, Butt, Dyer, Jenas, Lee, Batty etc might disagree.

Yes we should have a team of players fit for an England squad. Whether they are English or not is irrelevant. A foreign player who would get a place but for nationality would be fine. Whether we have a squad of them is another matter. Otherwise, settle for mediocrity and people stop bigging up players clearly not good enough. In other words, accept that a team with some mediocre players is unlikely to challenge...If the mediocrity is in the squad then fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Now if I was petty like certain Milner boo boys I would mention how Geremi takes even longer to beat a man and get the ball in from the right wing, thats when he actually does cross it. Hasn't done much so far tonight to show he is a "much" better winger than Milner so far tonight.

I like this negative, pick faults at every little thing about a certain player lark. If he has a storming second half I am still happy so can't lose  :laugh:

Now if I was petty like certain Milner boo boys I would mention how Geremi takes even longer to beat a man and get the ball in from the right wing, thats when he actually does cross it. Hasn't done much so far tonight to show he is a "much" better winger than Milner so far tonight.

I like this negative, pick faults at every little thing about a certain player lark. If he has a storming second half I am still happy so can't lose  :laugh:

I think he's done alright, and it wouldnt suprise me if part of our game plan is to bring the ball in rather than crossing it anyway. He's looked very composed on the ball.

Done anything Milner doesn't? He has definitely tried to beat players on a number of occasions and failed though.

By the way I don't think he has been THAT bad just having a go from the other side of the fence, pick up any little excuse to have a go and if he hasn't created or scored anything he isn't doing a good job. Also he is not a patch on Waddle, Robert, Solano etc...  O0

We don't want to get the ball in from wide, that shouldn't be the game plan. We need short sharp passing which Geremi is better at, especially with the two short arses up front. Geremi isn't the long term answer though i'd hope.