Swindling leader of Norwegian Newcastle United Supporterclub revealed

Guest Supersylt

Guest Supersylt

This is a story translated from a conservative Norwegian newspaper that is considered thrustworthy. Link: http://fotball.aftenposten.no/england/article91574.ece (also have a great illustration). It`s about the leader of the Norwegian Newcastle supporterclub who has swindled Norwegian supporters for around 10 years. The amounts is roumoured to be around £100 000 a year.

1£ = 12 NOK

Norwegian NUFC fans furious with supporter club leader Christian H. Weiseth:

Star players that never showed up. Fictional leaders. Life time membership. Accusations flying in NUFC Norwegian supporter union NUSSC’s direction.

Christian Hermann Weiseth controlled Newcastle United Scandinavian supporters club for 8 years, when he announced that he would withdraw from everything related to The Magpies.

The fan club (NUSSC) is believed to have about 700 members, and the subscription fee is 265 NOKs per year. (This is the highest priced supporters club of the 50 clubs registered in “Supporters union for British Football). The last 4 years, NUSSC has had a yearly turnover of NOK 1 million. The yearly results were not very significant. (http://www.purehelp.no/vis.asp?company_name=NORDIC+NEWCASTLE+SUPPORTERS+AS&ftknr=5B47424E461D404343)

At the end of his official reign as leader of NUSSC, Weiseth sold lifetime memberships for NOK 1000.

At the moment all Norwegian Newcastle related debate forums and chat rooms are full of criticism against the man, who amongst other things is believed to have operated with fake identity. Some of the accusations are printed in an article called “ Newcastle.no i svindelskandale) at the web page www.norskefans.com.

‘What has happened here is completely horrible. You would not believe it’, states Siw Anita Leinum, who has said that she will try to save what is left of NUSSC, if anything can be saved. The leadership was handed over to her in an email, and Leinum is not convinced of whom she really was communicating with.

3 leaders – The same person?

Leinum can be the 4th leader of the supporter club in little more than a year, but most of the very many frustrated fans that the newspaper Aftenposten has been in contact with, have another theory:

After Weiseth resigned, he gave the job to Thomas Berg. After a few months he gave the job to Lene Jensen. Many of the fans truly believe that Thomas Berg and Lene Jensen are fictional persons, and that the real person behind the duo, is in fact Christian Weiseth. All of the leaders are only communicating by email, and refuse to communicate by phone.

Lene Jensen, who was interviewed by Dagbladet (Newspaper) before the start of the season (on email), withdrew Tuesday this week. At that time she confessed on the official NUSSC debate forum that Christian Weiseth still was very much involved in the club. Thereafter she was advised to show up on some of the get-togethers to show that she was a real person.

‘Thomas Berg and Lene Jensen are impossible to find, and only communicates by emails. Much indicates that they are Christian Weiseth’, says new leader Siw Anita Leinum.

“I am not one of them, but I understand why you ask”, states Weiseth to Aftenposten.

Why do you understand that?

Because I have read all that is written at the NUSSC forum, by the ones fighting the fight of their lives to take over the Norwegian supporters club.

Can you help me getting in contact with Thomas Berg?

I’ve never spoken to him. He is a lad from the west coast, but I do not have his email address anymore.

You gave him your job, but have never spoken to him?

Very much can be done by email, and because I wanted out, I had no intentions of putting in any more time in this job.

What about Lene Jensen?

Yes. That is pretty much the same situation.

Do you have her phone number?

No, but the email address.

We have been in contact with members that has sent her an email but got an answer from your email address?

Yes. That was about an article in the fanzine that I was coordinating.

When we started this conversation, you said that you were completely resigned from the club, but now it seems like you are hiring the new leaders and coordinates the fanzine?

I get pulled in every time. In the last fanzine I wrote many of the pages.

The fanzine is Lene Jensens responsibility, you wrote many of the pages for her, but still you do not have her phone number?

This is a case where everybody believes things are worse than they really are. I am glad that I am 100 % out of this club.

T-Shirt – 2 years after.

When Vålerenga met Newcastle in the UEFA Cup in 2004, Christian Weiseth was involved.

‘I bought 4 match packets for the price of NOK 899 each. The packet was supposed to consist of match ticket, cover charge to a supporter’s gathering and a signed poster. The match ticket was the only thing that I received, and that was worth NOK 250. The gathering was actually free of charge at a public pub, open for anybody. The T-shirt came after two years of quarrelling and nagging, and the poster was something they had copied somewhere.’ These are the words of NUFC supporter Magnar Magerøy, and he did not renew his membership after that experience.

Last summer Newcastle played against Lillestrøm in the Intertoto cup:

‘At that time Christian Weiseth made the impression that he was the single person that could sell tickets for the Newcastle fans wanting to sit next to the Toon army. That was not true, so we stated that Christian Weiseth did not have any monopoly selling these tickets. In fact we sold to everybody that wanted tickets for NOK 100 per ticket’ (Lillestrøm Director Frank Grønlund)

Åråsen was not full that evening, but Christian Weiseth did still offer exclusive match day packets, and amongst other things he offered that the supporters could join in a banquet with the NUFC stars for the price of NOK 995 per person.

Simon Førre, Newcastle supporter said; ‘It was said that the players were coming and that the supporters should be able to speak to them for several hours. When we arrived, we had to sit 4 persons at two men tables and eat almost raw meat while we watched a Vålerenga match on the TV. The players did not show up, and consequently I contacted Weiseth and told him that this was unacceptable, but never heard from him again’

Christian Weiseth replies that he was hoping the players would arrive, but that he never promised anything, as it is not up to NUSSC what the players are doing.

Reporter: I have seen the first invitation. It clearly states “ a unique banquet with Newcastle United”. And “ You will have the opportunity to spend several hours with the players”.

CW: I am a little bit unsure about that text, but all of the fans buying the banquet ticket have gotten a lifetime membership for free. That is worth NOK 1000.

Reporter: ‘Did You go to the banquet yourself?

-No

Isn’t it strange that you didn’t, when you consider that you invited  fans to the banquet and that you demanded NOK 1000 for the packet?

- No. I had quit, says Weiseth, who was in conflict with the Norwegian Football Association and the Cup-finalists Rosenborg and Bodø-Glimt in 2003, because his other company “Fotball-Norge” demanded NOK 1890 for the match day packets.

The Norwegian consumers advisory tells us that they have received 8 complaints regarding Weiseth’s company NUSSC, which in fact is registered as a kindergarten in the governmental registers. The Supporter union for British football do not wish to give any comment.

What do you actually get for your money by joining these things? That you couldn't get for free anyway?

A nice card with a number on it.

i know that the swedish section had cheaper trips with dfds and 10%(or something) discount in the local sportpub

What do you actually get for your money by joining these things? That you couldn't get for free anyway?

A nice card with a number on it.

i know that the swedish section had cheaper trips with dfds and 10%(or something) discount in the local sportpub

You got a little Magazine thingy once every 2 months or so, with news you read 2months ago...

Seriously story this but, couldn't help noticing:

At the moment all Norwegian Newcastle related debate forums and chat rooms are full of criticism against the man, who amongst other things is believed to have operated with fake identity. Some of the accusations are printed in an article called “ Newcastle.no i svindelskandale) at the web page www.norskefans.com.

Is "svindelskandale" Norwegian for "swindle scandal"?

How cool!

Seriously story this but, couldn't help noticing:

At the moment all Norwegian Newcastle related debate forums and chat rooms are full of criticism against the man, who amongst other things is believed to have operated with fake identity. Some of the accusations are printed in an article called Newcastle.no i svindelskandale) at the web page www.norskefans.com.

Is "svindelskandale" Norwegian for "swindle scandal"?

How cool!

Right you are Einstein! O0

I seem to remember there were some strange comments made by Scandinavians visiting this place when we were last playing out there re: how tickets were being arranged, hoping to eat with players and such. Put it down to translation difficulties, high hopes and different practices in arranging matches, at the time.

A Swedish mate of mine who i travel down to games with has mentioned this goon a few times in less than complementary manner. Says that he'd always run the club for profit, marketing tickets as exclusive when anyone making a phone call to SJp would know they were going to be available to the General public like the Valerenga home game and Lillestrom away.

Some of us who went to Lillestrom attended one of the 'private' parties which we walked freely into and it amounted to a pub with some Toon CDs on.

I think someone set up a rival 'free' club a while back but don't know how they got on.

Guest Toon Saint

We got Lillestrom away tickets off him (for more than the face value), but the price included entry to a pre & post match 'Toon Army Party with 'special cheap beer promotions for Toon Army Party ticket holders only' in an Oslo bar called 'The Tempest'.

Newcastle were pissing about with the ticket information (as usual ;D) so we just got them through this Christian Weiseth instead, he used nufc.com to get peoples attention.

He came to our hotel at 9.30pm the night before the game, as arranged & gave us the match tickets & tickets for the 'Toon Army Party', everything seemed ok until we had a wander to The Tempest on the Friday night to see where it was being held, when we got there we got chatting to one of the Norwegian Mags (Brewcastle on here) & he told us there was no private function booked & the 'Special cheep beer promotion' was the normal price in there!

Brewcastle also told us that the guy was hated by a lot of Norwegian Mags because he was known for ripping fans off.

At half time Christian Weiseth was presented with some award on the pitch & he was roundly booed by the Scandinavians in the Toon section & politely applauded by the unsuspecting Toon fans.