Alan Smith

Dave

Just had a look back through the old stats where you think we were a better team when Bowyer was in and Parker was out, it turns out that the run of good games you seem to be talking about consisted of 2 full games and an 8 minute appearance before going off injured. :lol:

The last game Parker played was the 3-1 loss to Charlton, we then beat Spurs 3-1 at home, beat Boro away 2-1 before Bowyer went off injured after 8 minutes against Wigan and we were 1-0 down at the time, that was his last appearance that season too.

Another idiot trying to re write history. :lol:

No answer to this then, HTL?

Or is this the CM stuff you're accusing me of in that PM you just sent me? :lol:

Putting you in your place more like, and you know it.

Just had a look back through the old stats where you think we were a better team when Bowyer was in and Parker was out, it turns out that the run of good games you seem to be talking about consisted of 2 full games and an 8 minute appearance before going off injured. :lol:

The last game Parker played was the 3-1 loss to Charlton, we then beat Spurs 3-1 at home, beat Boro away 2-1 before Bowyer went off injured after 8 minutes against Wigan and we were 1-0 down at the time, that was his last appearance that season too.

Or is this the CM stuff you're accusing me of in that PM you just sent me? :lol:

What's the point, tough guy?

The CM stuff relates to your inability to consider the team ahead of the individual.

You can think you're putting me in my place if you like. I prefer to believe the majority on here know who is generally posting shite about football and who isn't, despite the fact that when it comes to football people will never agree on everything.

You dance to the tune I play.  :clap:

You're predictable as well.

The CM stuff relates to your inability to consider the team ahead of the individual.

You can think you're putting me in my place if you like. I prefer to believe the majority on here know who is generally posting shite about football and who isn't, despite the fact that when it comes to football people will never agree on everything.

So tell me when did we play well when Bowyer was in instead of Parker?

As for my inability to consider the team ahead of the individual, I've already pointed out to you both examples where I think you're wrong, trying to make out we were a better team when Bowyer was in instead of Parker was bollocks as you were basing it on 2 games, also making out we were a better team with Smith up front is also bollocks as we played better the week before when we had Martins and Viduka up front, all the while refusing to comment on Smith's awful performances in midfield because it's not his position.

You seem to have your whole argument built around 3 games over the space of 2 year and as per usual you're talking utter bollocks.

As for who people think is generally posting shite, people fucking laugh at you behind your back about how you go on and on about the old board, at the same time offering people out on toontastic because they don't agree with you, you're an idiot HTL and a bully to go with it.

Try and change the subject because I've proven you wrong. O0

As for my inability to consider the team ahead of the individual, I've already pointed out to you both examples where I think you're wrong, trying to make out we were a better team when Bowyer was in instead of Parker was bollocks as you were basing it on 2 games, also making out we were a better team with Smith up front is also bollocks as we played better the week before when we had Martins and Viduka up front, all the while refusing to comment on Smith's awful performances in midfield because it's not his position.

You seem to have your whole argument built around 3 games over the space of 2 year and as per usual you're talking utter bollocks.

As for who people think is generally posting shite, people fucking laugh at you behind your back about how you go on and on about the old board, at the same time offering people out on toontastic because they don't agree with you, you're an idiot HTL and a bully to go with it.

Another load of shite from start to finish.

1. I haven't made out we're better with Smith up front based on 3 games.

2. I have commented on Smith in midfield, I've said he's ineffective there. I couldn't care less if you understand what "ineffective" means, although I'm getting the feeling you don't have a clue.

3. I haven't made out we were better with Bowyer in the team based on 2 games. The point wasn't even about Bowyer, something else you don't understand.

4. I haven't "offered people out" on toontastic. In fact, I don't think I've posted on there in nearly 2 years now. It seems like your mates on Toontastic are spoon feeding you a load of tripe and you're eagerly gobbling it up. You're probably a good gobbler, though.

5. People may laugh at me behind my back. Do I give a shite? It's a forum, sunshine. Get a life.

Try and change the subject because I've proven you wrong. O0

No, I won't try to change the subject.

Thanks for giving me permission to do so though. I appreciate it.

2. I have commented on Smith in midfield, I've said he's ineffective there. I couldn't care less if you understand what "ineffective" means, although I'm getting the feeling you don't have a clue.

3. I haven't made out we were better with Bowyer in the team based on 2 games. The point wasn't even about Bowyer, something else you don't understand.

4. I haven't "offered people out" on toontastic. In fact, I don't think I've posted on there in nearly 2 years now. It seems like your mates on Toontastic are spoon feeding you a load of tripe and you're eagerly gobbling it up. You're probably a good gobbler, though.

5. People may laugh at me behind my back. Do I give a shite? It's a forum, sunshine. Get a life.

mackems.gif

It'll take a good gobbler to take you on toughguy as cocks don't come much bigger than you.

I'll leave it at that though as I don't want you offering me out. :-*

mackems.gif

It'll take a good gobbler to take you on toughguy as cocks don't come much bigger than you.

I'll leave it at that though as I don't want you offering me out. :-*

What an infantile little prick you really are! Why don't you do us all a favour and fuck off!

:lol:

Have to laugh at JimmyMag, his only contribution to this board is bitching at me and making out it was winter in September.

You really are pathetic.

Even though I disagree with HTL's opinion of FFS I, and I believe many others, still respect his views on NUFC from a football perspective whereas I, and I believe many others, have little or no respect for what you've got to say and would appreciate it if you would fuck off!

Have to laugh at JimmyMag, his only contribution to this board is bitching at me and making out it was winter in September.

You really are pathetic.

Even though I disagree with HTL's opinion of FFS I, and I believe many others, still respect his views on NUFC from a football perspective whereas I, and I believe many others, have little or no respect for what you've got to say and would appreciate it if you would f*** off!

Who made you chief arbiter on people's opinions of others?

You really are pathetic.

Even though I disagree with HTL's opinion of FFS I, and I believe many others, still respect his views on NUFC from a football perspective whereas I, and I believe many others, have little or no respect for what you've got to say and would appreciate it if you would fuck off!

Nah.

Toontastic boys have arrived. Hey ho.....

Back to Alan Smith.

He's not a bad player.  I think he is a victim of his desire to play in every match, which results in him being utilised all over the place by different managers. He needs a good run up front, where *I think* he will do well because *I think* the attributes he does possess make him a leader of the line, type.  I'm not saying I'm right and I may well be wrong, but I will not judge him as a midfielder and I will not judge him on goals scored either at this stage. I will judge him on his impact on the general team play and who knows, he may well score a few as well but I don't expect him to be prolific.

Back to Alan Smith.

He's not a bad player.  I think he is a victim of his desire to play in every match, which results in him being utilised all over the place by different managers. He needs a good run up front, where *I think* he will do well because *I think* the attributes he does possess make him a leader of the line, type.  I'm not saying I'm right and I may well be wrong, but I will not judge him as a midfielder and I will not judge him on goals scored either at this stage. I will judge him on his impact on the general team play and who knows, he may well score a few as well but I don't expect him to be prolific.

Sensible approach. I think some people are narked cause of the price tag and opinions would be different if we'd paid 3/4million.

Never thought Smudger would stir up such emotions.  :lol:

Back to Alan Smith.

Sensible approach. I think some people are narked cause of the price tag and opinions would be different if we'd paid 3/4million.

Never thought Smudger would stir up such emotions.  :lol:

Or perhaps some people are narked that he's played all but one game in midfield and looked awful there.

Or perhaps some people are narked that we spent £6 million on a 4th choice striker when there's little creativity in midfield and no quality at all down the right.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we were supposed to be a better team with Smith up front as he can hold the ball up which would put less pressure on our defence?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't blame him for 'not holding the ball up' today. He didn't have the ball.

He had a crap game, because he did nothing and made no effort to do anything (ie, come deep, retrieve the ball, make runs into the box) - but in terms of holding up, he had nowt to hold up. We drifted in and out of long ball but i don't think a pass was ever once targeted at his head or feet with his back to goal. The long balls (usually from Enrique) were normally diagonal, to Milner or Barton or whoever.