Todays Games (International weekend)

Decky

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Anyone see the U21s last night? Taylor was flawless and Milner had a very good game, setting up Derbyshire's goal.

Watch out for Stevan Jovetic, he was outstanding last night for the Montenegroans.

Anyone see the U21s last night? Taylor was flawless and Milner had a very good game, setting up Derbyshire's goal.

Watch out for Stevan Jovetic, he was outstanding last night for the Montenegroans.

Linked with Man Utd for £7m in this mornings papers

Argentina vs Chile in the World Cup 2010 qualifiers underway on SS1.

That Riquelme fella can't half hit a dead ball. Two brilliant free kick goals. Proper ball on a string stuff. Not played in months, absolutely made absolute no difference to his performance. Strolled thru the game as usual. Wonder how good he could have been if he was a bit fitter...he can't run for shit!

Marcelo Salas played too. I didn't know he was still going. Only 32! He seems to have been around forever.

Scotland 1-0 up... what's the deal with them then? If they win this they are certain to qualify?

Another great result today and once more what an atmosphere though I did nearly miss that start of the match but just arrived as the teams were lining up.

I honestly think we won't get anything from the Italy game and the bloody Georgia game will be hard enough.  Unfortunatly I think we will be sweating on the Ukraine v France game to have any chance of qualification which is a shame after what can only be described as our best ever qualifying campaign.

Aye.  It's a shame.  We've done so unbeliably well, but i still feel we'll be pipped.  I reckon France and Italy will take maximum points in their other games which means we must beat georgia and get something of italy.  We can, but we're still up against it.  For such work to go unrewarded will be horrible and i so hope to be booking up for the alps in the summer.

If we beat georgia - that task should not be taken for granted, nor should the magnitude of today's win - it should be great at hampden for italy.

They arent really supposed to score either?

hehe

Game ended 2-2, good for Martins to get 2 of the,. Really nice done

Nigeria missed a pen in stoppage time aswell, Martins didn't take it though, must have been brought off.

Hope he gets his hat-trick personally, will do wonders for his confidence ahead of Spurs.

From the highlights could of well got the hat trick if he had of wanted to take the penalty.

- 23 minute Martins received a high lofted ball from the right controlled from the inside left cut in to power with his right foot keeper made a great save and tipped it onto the bar.

- 32 minute long ball over the right back Martins with one touch burst past him then smashed it in the far top corner with his left foot.

- 52 minute Martins sprung the really high offside trap burst away and put it onto his right to slot home under the keeper.

- 90 minute Martins set his partner threw with a one touch threw pass his partner got taken down got a penalty and took it instead of Martins fired high.

First goal was quite fantastic.

Am I allowed to post the highlights link on here???

Guest jamesmartinsmith

No you aren't.

Bang this into google - Mexico 2 - 2 Nigeria Friendly Game Highlights

You want the FcFootballBlog link.

I've missed the start of Brazil here...technical difficulties or a delay?

Is Elano playing?

Elano has just scored against Ecuador, after some crazy footwork from Robinho.

Totally forgot about that game being on, would have stayed up to watch it I think. But I've just seen the goal. Just like watching City tbh :cheesy:

I've missed the start of Brazil here...technical difficulties or a delay?

Is Elano playing?

Elano has just scored against Ecuador, after some crazy footwork from Robinho.

Totally forgot about that game being on, would have stayed up to watch it I think. But I've just seen the goal. Just like watching City tbh :cheesy:

You'll be taking over the Blue Brazil tag from Cowdenbeath soon ;)