Keegan has no interest in Toon job!!

Skirge

Is this Keegan's way of saying sack Sam and I will be manager? :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2800890,00.html

Keegan rules out Toon return

Former manager could not work above Allardyce

Keegan: No Toon return

Kevin Keegan has insisted he has no interest in taking on a role as Newcastle's director of football above Sam Allardyce.

There have been reports suggesting new St James' Park owner Mike Ashley spoke to the former England boss in the summer about a role at Newcastle, but that Allardyce had blocked the idea.

And Keegan, who managed the Magpies from 1992-97, insists that he would have been a 'fool' to take a job over Allardyce's head.

Impossible

He told the BBC's Inside Sport show: "It's absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who's going to be some sort of threat, it doesn't work.

"Sam would be a fool to let it happen, the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it and the chairman, who's not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it. It doesn't work."

Keegan also admitted he is not looking to return to management and has not watched any live football since leaving Manchester City in March 2005.

"My life's gone in a different direction," he added. "I haven't watched a game of football live since my last game at City and I can't even remember what game that was now.

"So I don't think that'll happen but I do get offers to go back into football. But I made a decision that I would do something different."

Krol

Meanwhile, young Real Madrid left-back Krzysztof Krol claims Newcastle are in a race with Atalanta to secure his services.

The young Pole is behind Gabriel Heinze and Brazilian Marcelo in the Bernabeu and is keen on regular first-team football.

The Sunday Sun quotes Krol as saying: "I have some offers, and the latest have come from Newcastle and Atalanta.

"The Premiership is the best league in the world. Moreover, I'd be a first-team player at Newcastle."

Aye, not quite sure about Skirge's logic there ;)

Was why I put a :lol: at the end, was joking..

I know man!

:D

Keegan was a manager and I bet he would have hated any of his clubs taking on a DOF, I bet Sam would have been well pissed off if Ashley had brought KK in as a DOF.

I remember the rumour when Ashley took over and a few people thought it was a way for him to get Sam to quit then he could have gave KK the managers job, wonder why he waited until now to come out and say he does not want it though.

Aye, for the same reasons I don't think KK would make a good DoF (not sure it works very well in England anyway) as he'd want to be too involved.

A return for Keegan would almost certainly be an unmitigated disaster.

He's had his time.

I'm not saying that he should come back but the same was said when he returned as manager and I'm not sure it would be true now.  I wouldn't want him to come back as manager although I'm sure he could do a brilliant PR job for the club and area.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/10/16/sam-doesn-t-need-director-keegan-61634-19956853/

Sam doesn’t need director – Keegan

Oct 16 2007 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

KEVIN Keegan has declared Sam Allardyce would be a fool to allow anyone to come in as a director of football at St James’s Park, writes LUKE EDWARDS.

Keegan has been linked with a return to Newcastle United in just that position, but the former Magpies manager has no interest in taking on the job. Indeed, although directors of football have become increasingly common in the Premier League, Keegan believes managers like Allardyce should resist them.

He explained: “It’s absolutely impossible to give Sam a job at Newcastle and then go and fetch someone who’s going to be some sort of threat – it doesn’t work. Sam would be a fool to let it happen, the guy who goes in would be a fool to accept it and the chairman, who’s not a fool, would be a fool to go and do it. It doesn’t work.”

Having managed England, Fulham and Manchester City since he left Newcastle 10 years ago, Keegan is also adamant he will not be returning to management. He added: “My life’s gone in a different direction. I haven’t watched a game of football live since my last game at Man City and I can’t even remember what game that was now. So I don’t think that’ll happen. I do get offers to go back into football, but I made a decision that I would do something different.”

Meanwhile, James Milner is willing to bide his time in the England Under-21 squad as he looks to break into Steve McClaren’s senior side.

Milner has seen former Aston Villa team-mate Gareth Barry become a key figure with the national side this season after years on the fringes of the squad and, with players like Ashley Young, David Bentley and Micah Richards moving up from the development squad in recent months, Milner hopes to follow in their footsteps. “There’s a few lads in that squad who have been in the Under-21s, and now Gareth Barry. Everyone knows his quality – I’ve been on loan at Aston Villa and seen exactly how good a player he is,” said Milner, who will be in action with the Under-21s in their European Championship qualifier against the Republic of Ireland in Cork tonight.

“There is a lot of quality in England and sometimes you’re going to have to bide your time and wait your chance – with the quality of the players, if they keep performing then they’re more than likely to stay in the team. It’ll be interesting to see if he keeps his place because he’s done brilliantly. He’s shown it can be done, and the younger lads such as Micah Richards and Ashley Young.”

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

Keegan was a legend but I don't think he should return. I would hate to hear fans turning on Keegan. I heard that there was a debate between Forest fans over Nigel Clough (son of Brian) where some wanted him (the name would get fans going and he'd been doing well at Burton) where others were concerned that if it was a disaster hearing "Clough OUT" at the City Ground would be very strange.