Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

I think Martins is going to be very exciting to watch tonight and I am expecting him to have a very good game.

He has been very eager to prove he can play alongside Owen and I think he is locked into proving he can do so.

I can hardly wait.

I know how ya feel, i dont want to jinx anything but i am absolutely salivating at seeing Martins and Owen start.

Has anyone read the nufc.com quotes from SA, he talks about how he knows that Martins and Owen are different type of players and is gonna play to their strengths. Which means a passing game.

Really looking forward to this one!

If we're playing Owen and Martins up front then we need Barton or Emre starting the game. The others have shown they just can't or won't pick a forward pass on a regular basis, or play too deep to make it effective.

If the service is good, I'm confident Owen and Martins can perform together

This.

Emre is vital to the service of a Martins and Owen partnership.

Judging by Big Sam comments I think he realizes this and will play a team that will play to Martins and Owen strengths tonight.

"We can't play too many balls up the middle to allow Spurs to head it straight back.

"I don't think they are similar players, they are only similar in size. Oba plays a completely different way to Michael. Michael likes to drop in the hole and work off the shoulder and Oba likes running with the ball at players.

"I'm confident they can work together but we'll have to see how it goes on Monday."

Could be fantastic if the performance of the two as a partnership gives Big Sam a headache for when Mark Viduka is fit.  :thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think line up will be

.............................................Given............................................

Beye....................Faye.............................Cacapa...................Jose

Geremi..............Butt...............................Emre.........................Zog

.............................Owen.................Martins..................................

Short on height but plenty of quality. Emre is vital for Owen and Martins. He may even play Faye in midfield to give a big presence putting Butt on the bench and Roz partnering Cacapa.

I think line up will be

.............................................Given............................................

Beye....................Faye.............................Cacapa...................Jose

Geremi..............Butt...............................Emre.........................Zog

.............................Owen.................Martins..................................

Short on height but plenty of quality. Emre is vital for Owen and Martins. He may even play Faye in midfield to give a big presence putting Butt on the bench and Roz partnering Cacapa.

All that sounds absolutely spot on to be honest, would be a team i'd be happy with.

Defoe will score if he plays, seen as he is out of favour.

Is there something wrong with you, Decky? :razz:

You've predicted us to lose and now you're predicting that a striker who's hardly played in the last month will actually score against us if (a big if) he plays.

Fuck's sake man, show some spirit.

Defoe will score if he plays, seen as he is out of favour.

Is there something wrong with you, Decky? :razz:

You've predicted us to lose and now you're predicting that a striker who's hardly played in the last month will actually score against us if (a big if) he plays.

f***'s sake man, show some spirit.

Agreed.

Think this is a good time to play Spurs, and I believe its most likely we will win.  Have a feeling Owen will do us the business tonight.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I think line up will be

Agree, Milner need som rest now. He hasn`t been at his best lately.

free drink tonight aswell

Only if you get there 3/4 of  an hour early.

Absolutely no good if you have to if you have to work late.I know it's a nice gesture,but most people have jobs,then they have to negotiate there way through the traffic in a city with half it's roads closed.Yes,you guessed right I'll be lucky to see kickoff

To be honest, and even though Milner looks tired, he's the only player at our disposal, that i'd like to se on that right wing, Geremi should be playing central with Emre. Milner right and Zoggy left. Beye, Enrique, Roz and Cacapa in the back, Given on goal, Oba and Owen up front.

To be honest, and even though Milner looks tired, he's the only player at our disposal, that i'd like to se on that right wing, Geremi should be playing central with Emre. Milner right and Zoggy left. Beye, Enrique, Roz and Cacapa in the back, Given on goal, Oba and Owen up front.

Wouldn't be upset with Faye in the middle with Emre.

Guest nufc 4 life

I think line up will be

spot on