Urby Emanuelson

Guest NUFC4

Ajax Amsterdam defender Urby Emanuelson is said to be attracting the attention of Premiership duo Aston Villa and Newcastle United. The Dutchman has also been interesting Roma.

Emanuelson is a 21 year-old left back and has already expressed his desire to leave Ajax in the January transfer window.

Urby Emanuelson - looks an emerging star of the future

He looks like a top class player but he’s a left back, so we’ll see if he comes in January. As you recall we were already linked recently with Real Madrid’s 20 year-old left back Krzysztof Krol.

Italian side Roma recently expressed an interest in the player, but they are only the third of clubs already interested in the youngster.

Urby Emanuelson was born in June, 1986 in Amsterdam and is a Surinamese-Dutch footballer. He can play left back but can also play as a left midfielder. Emanuelson has come through Ajax’s youth system, joining them from Voorland SC. He appeared in Ajax’ first team squad for the 2004-05 season and made his debut on April 10, 2005. In the 2005-06 season he became a first team regular and won the 2005 Johan Cruijff-schaal and the 2006 KNVB Cup.

He was a member of the Dutch squad that won the UEFA U-21 Championship in 2006, who beat England in that terrific game that went to penalties in the semi-final. Urby was named in the UEFA Team of the Tournament as a left back. He stands nearly 5′10″ tall.

In August of 2006 he made his debut for the Dutch national team in a friendly match against Ireland. As a result of his efforts he was named “Amsterdam talent of the year 2006″.

This boy looks good, and we think it’s great Newcastle are being linked with these top youngsters. This is a new strategy expressed by chairman Chris Mort - to bring in top class youngsters from across the world, before they have fully reached their potential. If things go well we’d expect Newcastle to bring in 3-4 excellent youngsters in January. We’ve already made a deal for the Le Havre youngster - 18 year-old French striker Wesley Baheng.

Comments always welcome.  I've seen him play on a few occasions and think he will be a top class left back in a couple years. Article taken from NUFC Blog

He can be Enrique understudy. With the Krol guy also rumoured, if the 2 join the leftback position seem secured. Dump Babayaro

We will never see him in a Newcastle jersey, because this chap is from Ajax.

If he were to consider joining Newcastle, luque will just simply tell him, NO.

Guest NUFCGator

Highly unlikely this actually happens, I'd take him though. He looked class in the few Ajax matches I've seen. Of course most of the teams I've seen Ajax play are around Championship level so I'm not sure how that would translate in the Premier.

here is some players i would love to see in newcastle :)

*** Fernando Belluschi, River Plate.

*** Jakub Blaszczykowski, Dortmund.

*** Urby Emanuelson, Ajax.

*** Jadson, Shakhtar Donetsk.

*** Albert Riera, Espanyol.

ranked as the top 5 best youth players that havent had theyr international break yet!

Big Sam gone shoppin?

We will never see him in a Newcastle jersey, because this chap is from Ajax.

If he were to consider joining Newcastle, luque will just simply tell him, NO.

I think players  are very much out for themselves, as much as other players like to think they influence each other in reality it probably minimal. They are after the £££'s + success in that order in most cases.

I would be stunned if he signed. Mainly because he is not Allardyce's type of player, when I have watched him in the Eredivisie he has a habit of ending up all over the field but rarely at LB. I've seen him end up starting LB and then wandering over to play on the RW.

here is some players i would love to see in newcastle :)

*** Albert Riera, Espanyol.

???

He's nowt special.

He's probably showing a bit more now than when he was at City. Got himself in Spain's national team and all.

Was probably their most active player last wednesday in Finland vs Spain. Hit the post too.