Great article from Joey

Guest sicko2ndbest

So if you lost a leg in an accident, would you still take this p*** out of someone that had lost their leg and a couple of fingers just because their that bit more disabled?

Naa, I think I would go on incapacity benefit

Hmmm... It's a bit early to start defending Barton's f****** awful behaviour and proclaiming him to be the second coming, like.

I'm not proclaiming him the second coming or trying to justify his behaviour but i think it's perfectly fair to maintain there were mitigating circumstances. None of us will ever know the ins and outs and maybe i'm wrong but i just think when you look at where he's come from (look at his brother for example!) he could have done a lot worse - it's just that he's a football player and everything he does is under the microscope.

And on the playing front, I guess I'm mainly going off the recent times he's played against us for city where he has always ran the show and made our midfield look very ordinary (which in fairness it often was)

Guest scousertommy

Please explain how our fans have made us unsuccessful. Give us a run through of the players we've hounded out who would have brought us trophies? Our lack of success has been down to an awful board (80s, majority of 00s), awful managerial appointments (everything post-Keegan bar Bobby) and the team / manager choking (Keegan era). The only thing that could be pinned on the fans there is putting pressure on the team under Keegan, but what fans wouldn't have expected the title from that situation? It's only now we seem to have the makings of a solid board / manager / team combo.

The people you have listed as allowed to 'take the piss' weren't treated in any way as heroes - Shepherd and Douglas Hall are pretty much universally hated and although I personally still rate Bellamy as a player he was shipped out as was Dyer.

But don't you think that the pressure that you apply to your boards leads them into making poor decisions? Without harping on about Owen you've got to admit that a big reason that he was pursued was that Shepherd/Souness knew that signing a "big name" would relieve some of the pressure on them, they had already spent £10m (approx) on Luque to play upfront with Shearer and the world and their wife knew that you needed to strengthen your defence.

Outside of Newcastle there is a feeling that the fans played a huge part in getting not only Souness the sack (and btw, he should never have been appointed) but also very good managers like Robson,Gullit and Dalglish - men who, if given time, would have brought a trophy to you. Newcastle are probably the only team in the league whereby a manager/player disagreement end s with the manager getting sacked not once but twice - there were rumours in 2003/04 that Shearer was keen on a move to Liverpool to get away from Robson, Robson sanctioned the move and Houllier was keen but Shepherd said no because he didn't want to upset your fans.That's not a wind up, there were apparently very advanced talks between SFX and Rick Parry.

Maybe Fat Sam is the answer, but I wouldn't bank on him staying for long if his substitutions are being booed so early into his reign.

Guest scousertommy

So if you lost a leg in an accident, would you still take this p*** out of someone that had lost their leg and a couple of fingers just because their that bit more disabled?

Hilarious btw, you really should be on Channel 4.

I doubt if more than 1% of home fans boo-ed Owen coming on for Martins v Everton. Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument Tommy.

Guest scousertommy

I doubt if more than 1% of home fans boo-ed Owen coming on for Martins v Everton. Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your argument Tommy.

But the fact that Allardyce mentioned obviously means that it did register with him. I'm not having a go, truth be told I don't really care and I only come on here to pass the time but I still say that there IS such a thing as the fans having too much of a say.

But the fact that Allardyce mentioned obviously means that it did register with him. I'm not having a go, truth be told I don't really care and I only come on here to pass the time but I still say that there IS such a thing as the fans having too much of a say.

I'm not sure what point you're making there regarding your original comment re: the substitution.

Guest jimmy1982

I'm not sure what point you're making there regarding your original comment re: the substitution.

There are loads of people who have season tickets these days who are clueless about football. You just have to listen to some of the comments you hear from the whoppers in the seats around you. No doubt it was these who booed Owen. However I reckon the same is true of a lot of top flight clubs and I am sure if the Owen situation (ie playing as much for England as us since signing and the media making a hoo hah about it) arose at any one of the clubs in our league, there would be a handful who'd boo him there as well. Look at what's been happening to Lampard the last few times he's played for England! I'd bet money that most of the England supporters who booed Lampard (ie at least 95%) are not from Newcastle and don't support Newcastle.

And I agree that those 'Liverpool Slums' and 'sign on' songs are totally embarrassing. Thats the way football has been going for the last 10 years though isn't it? At every top flight club you've got more and more supporters who don't know what its all about, and sadly Newcastle is no exception.

The only interview I've seen with Sam mentioning it was when he said that he thought the booing was for him taking Martins OFF, not for putting Owen ON

There are loads of people who have season tickets these days who are clueless about football. You just have to listen to some of the comments you hear from the whoppers in the seats around you. No doubt it was these who booed Owen. However I reckon the same is true of a lot of top flight clubs and I am sure if the Owen situation (ie playing as much for England as us since signing and the media making a hoo hah about it) arose at any one of the clubs in our league, there would be a handful who'd boo him there as well. Look at what's been happening to Lampard the last few times he's played for England! I'd bet money that most of the England supporters who booed Lampard (ie at least 95%) are not from Newcastle and don't support Newcastle.

And I agree that those 'Liverpool Slums' and 'sign on' songs are totally embarrassing. Thats the way football has been going for the last 10 years though isn't it? At every top flight club you've got more and more supporters who don't know what its all about, and sadly Newcastle is no exception.

It's just from your previous comments you seemed to be suggesting Newcastle was a special case regarding their supporters and the influence we have etc. whereas the above suggests we're the same as everyone else. Still missing your point there mate. If you had one ;)

'Liverpool slums' though - Jesus wept. 'Sign on' at least has a bit of humour to it, since it uses 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. Also, a season or two ago we sang 'Feed the Scousers' to Everton at home but it was a retort to their inevitable: 'You've never won fuck all' about 10 minutes in, so it was fair enough, banter etc. imo. Sometimes that sort of thing can be funny, sometimes not. You can bet a canny few of those singing 'Liverpool Slums' are tramps themselves. Which is quite amusing when you think about it.

Cheers

Cheers

I'm to busy lmao at that guy in your sig, I think I'd pay just to watch what he was going to do next. :D

So if you lost a leg in an accident, would you still take this p*** out of someone that had lost their leg and a couple of fingers just because their that bit more disabled? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Newcastle are a huge club, but don't you ever sit back and wonder what the role of the fans has been in keeping you unsuccessful?

The last sentence is a load of shit but I agree with the sentiment. 'Liverpool slums' is fucking cringeworthy and I hate it when we sing it? When did we start taking the piss out of people for being poor? Have a look at Tyneside for fuck's sake. It's more in keeping with arsehole southern fans (and I don't include all fans of any club in particular in that, but a fair wedge of some London clubs etc. think their superior to what they perceive as 'the working class North').

Within two minutes of our first home game of the season (against RedScouse), that Liverpool Slums song was heard from the Holte End.

Very few things make me cringe quite as much as the sound of that being sung. But then again, football songs aren't really about reality, are they?

PS Barton is a decent player, but an absolute fucking mentalist, and I think anyone who doesn't recognise that is doing so on purely partisan lines.

If this guy stops assaulting people I would be delighted for him to be our captain. Proves there is such a thing as an intelligent scouser.

Keane's on & off-field volatility - ie. where he did seek to end a player's career, in a premeditated act of revenge - never stopped him from being the sort of dominant captain others should aspire to be.

Barton shares a few of Keane's traits. He plays with drive & purpose and leads by example, and he expects others to follow suit. He'll lay harsh criticism if they don't, and like Keane he's seen as being 'politically incorrect' or too forward/straight talking in the media. Barton is a breath of fresh air in this sense, and to compliment the attributes already mentioned he's a good player.

And what's often not spoken about, and this is often forgotten about amidst his reputation for being a thug or as others have cited 'a complete ****ing mentalist', is that he's an intelligent player going forward - off the ball that is. Barton, during his career at City, put himself in too many scoring positions over the course of his journey there and as such he couldn't be labelled as a player that a hit a purple patch of form - ie. goals from midfield - ala Parker prior to moving to Chelsea. It's an indication that he reads the play well and anticipates when & where a '2nd chance opportunity' might arise in & around the box.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if he lays the occasional headbutt, or any other act of aggression in the heat of the moment. Like Keane he's a passionate individual come matchday, and of course out on the training pitch as well. As such these mind-blanks, or flashpoints of craziness, are the by-product that comes hand-in-hand with this sort volatility. When the inevitable first flashpoint does arrive i hope he doesn't get shouted out of town - by the 'do-gooder' types who first jumped on the Anti-Bellamy bandwagon when the so-called Welsh dwarf by their own estimation publically embarassed the club when he justifiably called the manager a prick when substituted, when a match was there for the taking, for reasons that were not football related.;

I find your comment irrelevant when in it comes to the captain issue and this is based on Keane's aggressive/in-your-face leadership style, and i do think these type of dismissive/shallow remarks originate from a 'moral high ground' train of thought.

If this guy stops assaulting people I would be delighted for him to be our captain. Proves there is such a thing as an intelligent scouser.

Keane's on & off-field volatility - ie. where he did seek to end a player's career, in a premeditated act of revenge - never stopped him from being the sort of dominant captain others should aspire to be.

Barton shares a few of Keane's traits. He plays with drive & purpose and leads by example, and he expects others to follow suit. He'll lay harsh criticism if they don't, and like Keane he's seen as being 'politically incorrect' or too forward/straight talking in the media. Barton is a breath of fresh air in this sense, and to compliment the attributes already mentioned he's a good player.

And what's often not spoken about, and this is often forgotten about amidst his reputation for being a thug or as others have cited 'a complete ****ing mentalist', is that he's an intelligent player going forward - off the ball that is. Barton, during his career at City, put himself in too many scoring positions over the course of his journey there and as such he couldn't be labelled as a player that a hit a purple patch of form - ie. goals from midfield - ala Parker prior to moving to Chelsea. It's an indication that he reads the play well and anticipates when & where a '2nd chance opportunity' might arise in & around the box.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest if he lays the occasional headbutt, or any other act of aggression in the heat of the moment. Like Keane he's a passionate individual come matchday, and of course out on the training pitch as well. As such these mind-blanks, or flashpoints of craziness, are the by-product that comes hand-in-hand with this sort volatility. When the inevitable first flashpoint does arrive i hope he doesn't get shouted out of town - by the 'do-gooder' types who first jumped on the Anti-Bellamy bandwagon when the so-called Welsh dwarf by their own estimation publically embarassed the club when he justifiably called the manager a prick when substituted, when a match was there for the taking, for reasons that were not football related.;

I find your comment irrelevant when in it comes to the captain issue and this is based on Keane's aggressive/in-your-face leadership style, and i do think these type of dismissive/shallow remarks originate from a 'moral high ground' train of thought.

Keane did his assaulting on the pitch. Barton in the past hasn't. That's not captain behaviour.

Shame he can't pass eh  :laugh:

Shame you seem so bitter about him, eh?

The only bitter person in this thread is Joey Barton. "Manchester is a bit ladida". "City fans should thank me". He can't shut up about us!

And if he's gonna carry on talking shite about my club and my City, I'm gonna carry on slating him. The cunt.  :knuppel2:

And what do we have here?

Magpies midfielder says City form won't last

Former Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton believes it is only a matter of time before Sven Goran Eriksson's fine start comes to an end.

Despite City making their best start to a season for 50 years, the 25-year-old, who is now at Newcastle, thinks their dressing room is delicately balanced.

With so many nationalities occupying the City squad, Barton believes problems will occur sooner rather than later due to a lack of cohesion.

"Sometimes you could hear a pin drop," he told the Daily Star.

"It's lost a lot of characters like Robbie Fowler, Andy Cole, Ben Thatcher, Nicky Weaver and myself.

"I speak to people there and they tell me they have so many languages, there's no banter now.

"As well as they are doing right now, it's only a matter of time before it comes slamming to a halt unless they address that."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2825445,00.html

Bitter. As. Owt.

Or wishes he was still here.  :idiot2:

Still. There's always a job in a comedy waiting for him at then end of his career. Critique on Dressing Room spirit from Joey Barton. FFS. :laugh:

Hehe.

He definitely still has an axe to grind with you like. TBH I'd prefer it if he did his talking on the pitch, does come across as a bit bitter :o

His brother had similar problems. I agree like, let his football do the talking.

Hehe.

He definitely still has an axe to grind with you like. TBH I'd prefer it if he did his talking on the pitch, does come across as a bit bitter :o

His brother had similar problems. I agree like, let his football do the talking.

Wehay! :lol:

Hehe.

lol