Spurs appoint Juande Ramos

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clearly Spurs have a weakness at the back but having seen a few off there games i must say i think there midfield is the main problem and cause there defence so much pressure and problems

Zokora and Jenas are terrible players

Huddlestone was yesterday

Guest kingdawson

Ramos' first act come january should be trying to sign both Frings and Poulsen :thup:.

Would be great signings such an improvement on the two you play now

Very true. Think he's going to sign Palop too which means no more of the burger eating moron.

In Sevilla's first game without Ramos yesterday they dominated Valencia 3-0 at home, Valencia barely created a chance apparently.

Having seen the kind of football Sevilla have been playing for a couple of years now, it's a real shame that Spurs have landed Ramos and not us. It's another opportunity missed IMO, he'd have been a good match for us. Spurs won't solve their problems overnight, but I don't think there's that much wrong with them and in Ramos I think they've found the right man. I hope I'm wrong of course.

The Valencia president wasn't impressed, he's sacked Quique Sanchez Flores!

Valencia weren't doing badly either, 4th in La Liga.

In Sevilla's first game without Ramos yesterday they dominated Valencia 3-0 at home, Valencia barely created a chance apparently.

Having seen the kind of football Sevilla have been playing for a couple of years now, it's a real shame that Spurs have landed Ramos and not us. It's another opportunity missed IMO, he'd have been a good match for us. Spurs won't solve their problems overnight, but I don't think there's that much wrong with them and in Ramos I think they've found the right man. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Wow he's a canny manager as well

This might be bollocks, but among other intrigue it says that fat Freddie wanted to talk to Jol and was refused permission.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2200773,00.html

Not bollocks.  I was told Jol met Shepherd, apparently agreed the basis of a deal and on the strength of that, FFS asked for formal permission to speak to MJ.  Levy had already got wind of the meeting and refused permission and gave Jol an improved contract to keep him happy.  FFS then moved on with Allardyce.  The only difference between FFS/MJ and Spurs board/JR was that Spurs were stupid enough to hold the meeting in a swish hotel regularly checked out by the paperazzi. 

This makes no sense.  Why the f*** would Jol leave Spurs for us?  (at the time)

I don't believe for a second Jol's job was in jeopardy at the time we appointed Allardyce. 

At that time MJ's job was not in jeopardy.  As he was relatively lowly paid, presumably FFS was happy to pay more wages (MJ I believe was on a little over £1m pa).  Permission to speak to Newcastle was refused and MJ got a payrise taking him up to £2m pa.  Ironically, it was that pay hike which prompted 2 board members to question were we getting value for money, was £2m pa a bit rich for someone who, tactically, wasn't one of the Premiership's elite.

Alright, that makes more sense.  Cheers. 

I still think Freddy wanted Allardyce more, though. 

This might be bollocks, but among other intrigue it says that fat Freddie wanted to talk to Jol and was refused permission.

Not bollocks.  I was told Jol met Shepherd, apparently agreed the basis of a deal and on the strength of that, FFS asked for formal permission to speak to MJ.  Levy had already got wind of the meeting and refused permission and gave Jol an improved contract to keep him happy.  FFS then moved on with Allardyce.  The only difference between FFS/MJ and Spurs board/JR was that Spurs were stupid enough to hold the meeting in a swish hotel regularly checked out by the paperazzi. 

I don't believe for a second Jol's job was in jeopardy at the time we appointed Allardyce. 

At that time MJ's job was not in jeopardy.  As he was relatively lowly paid, presumably FFS was happy to pay more wages (MJ I believe was on a little over £1m pa).  Permission to speak to Newcastle was refused and MJ got a payrise taking him up to £2m pa.  Ironically, it was that pay hike which prompted 2 board members to question were we getting value for money, was £2m pa a bit rich for someone who, tactically, wasn't one of the Premiership's elite.

You may well be right.  At least one person I know reckons that Levy was tipped off about the approach by someone close to Jol with a view to securing a payrise and a bit more power.

You may well be right.  At least one person I know reckons that Levy was tipped off about the approach by someone close to Jol with a view to securing a payrise and a bit more power.

Where do you find the time to collect all this info? 

What do you think of Levy?  Just what I've seen off the telly I can't stand the prick. 

Mourinho rumored to be taking over which would be a shame as Valencia play some great football.

Despite Ramos being a very exciting manager, Allardyce was and is the right man for us at this time. Our club was rusting from the inside, and whilst Ramos will probably have a big positive impact on Spurs, he would've just been another bobby robson for us. Sam Allardyce will give us the stability and slow but steady growth as we fix the problems, he'll give us exactly what we've been needing for a while. Ramos would have given us a spark and instant "success" (depending on how you describe success that is) but Allardyce will set us up for lasting/sustainable success.

Despite Ramos being a very exciting manager, Allardyce was and is the right man for us at this time. Our club was rusting from the inside, and whilst Ramos will probably have a big positive impact on Spurs, he would've just been another bobby robson for us. Sam Allardyce will give us the stability and slow but steady growth as we fix the problems, he'll give us exactly what we've been needing for a while. Ramos would have given us a spark and instant "success" (depending on how you describe success that is) but Allardyce will set us up for lasting/sustainable success.

Agree mate, playing for points at Reading and the like isn't going to endear him to anyone though and he might not necessarily get the time to do along the lines of what you mentioned if he keeps pulling stunts like that, it's a bit of give and take.

Mourinho rumored to be taking over which would be a shame as Valencia play some great football.

Statements like that are more than a bit unfair, Mourinho's first season here, Chelsea were awesome to watch

Nah, he will go to Milan.

For me, the most important person for Spurs isn't Juande Ramos, it's Ledley King. If King doesn't come back fit, strong and healthy, and if he doesn't stay that way, then they are in trouble. If you're weak in defence, then the lack of confidence spreads throughout the team. From what everyone's saying, Ramos believes that attack is the best form of defence, but I don't think that's the medicine that Spurs need right now.

The other reason why I've got doubts about Ramos being the right man is I think there are divisions within the squad. There were players that weren't giving their all, and some that were loyal to Jol. It'll be tough for someone whose English isn't very good to get to know everyone and assert himself. Presumably Poyet has been brought in to help out in that area, but he's not familiar with the players either.

The way the papers are talking, you'd have thought that getting out of the drop zone was a formality, and Ramos's real task is building a Champions League side. Well, if he'd taken over four months ago, that might have been the case, but the situation's different now.

I agree that they won't go anywhere unless they sort that defence out. But that doesn't mean they have to shift their whole style of play. Ramos will do well to play to the strengths of the current squad, while trying to shore up the defence with one or two signings in January. Much easier said than done, but only two Spanish clubs conceded fewer goals than Sevilla last season.

Wants to resign Kanoute.. interesting.

A replacement for Berbatov perhaps.  Doubt they'll sell Darren Bent seeing how they'd only get half of what they paid for him.

Linked with Kanoute and Alves today for............

...... £60m the pair :lol:

Wants to resign Kanoute.. interesting.

A replacement for Berbatov perhaps.  Doubt they'll sell Darren Bent seeing how they'd only get half of what they paid for him.

Linked with Kanoute and Alves today for............

...... £60m the pair :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I just love the paper talk, Chelsea wouldn't pay the necessary fee for Alves but Spurs will?? :frantic: :rolleyes:  More likelihood of me flying to the moon than Spurs signing Alves imo!  I don't think Kanoute won't happen either, bringing in players 30 or over doesn't fit in with Levy's buying strategy unless they arrive on Bosmans or nominal fees.  As the Sevilla president not surprisingly has got the arsehole with Ramos/Spurs I don't think Spurs will signing any Sevilla player unless we match the buyout clause.  The only one that might happen is Christian Poulsen who has got a reputed clause of £7m, but how true that is I have no idea.

Where do you find the time to collect all this info? 

What do you think of Levy?  Just what I've seen off the telly I can't stand the prick. 

My opinion of Levy pretty well mirrors yours!  Don't like him.  I've spoken to him a couple of times when I've accompanied my sister-in-law to the formal Spurs Xmas bash, he's a true Spurs fan wanting the best for the club but he will sell the club without hesitation if he gets the right bid.  The good thing is he won't sell to just anybody, they will have to take the club forward when they buy it.  There are persistent rumours about a couple of American consortiums, an English one, a Far Eastern billionaire, a Russian oligarch, I still think it's a case of when, not if.  In the NY Times today Steve Nash says he's flying over to discuss 'business opportunities'.  He's a lifelong Spurs fan, been to WHL on numerous occasions and was linked with one of the American consortiums, Robert Kraft I think but I can't remember tbh.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/sports/playmagazine/28nash.html?_r=1&ei=5090&en=ba065e371462f6f2&ex=1351051200&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

Levy's bad side stood out during the Jol saga, whatever Jol had done right or wrong, Jol didn't deserve the treatment he got.  Hoddle got it before him with the sack in a text, Graham went on a trumped up charge, Levy may be a successful businessman but he doesn't strike me as being a pleasant human being.

"I just love the paper talk, Chelsea wouldn't pay the necessary fee for Alves but Spurs will??"

Yet if the fees mentioned were realistic you'd be on here telling us your source has confirmed the deal has got the green light and Alves has a Spuds tattoo on his left arse cheek.

I just fuking love it.  mackems.gif

Agreed.

"I just love the paper talk, Chelsea wouldn't pay the necessary fee for Alves but Spurs will??"

Yet if the fees mentioned were realistic you'd be on here telling us your source has confirmed the deal has got the green light and Alves has a Spuds tattoo on his left arse cheek.

If the fees mentioned were realistic I'd be saying exactly what I said in my original post..."More likelihood of me flying to the moon than Spurs signing Alves imo."

I wouldn't be talking about tattoos or Alves' left arse cheek either.  I have no interest in such subjects, maybe there was some significance in you raising the subjects?

If the fees mentioned were realistic I'd be saying exactly what I said in my original post..."More likelihood of me flying to the moon than Spurs signing Alves imo."

I wouldn't be talking about tattoos or Alves' left arse cheek either.  I have no interest in such subjects, maybe there was some significance in you raising the subjects?

I put the tattoo as close to your mouth as i could possibly get it.

As I said before, I have no interest in such subjects.  You're the one forever talking about tattoos and Alves' arse, think that says more about you than it does me.

As I said before, I have no interest in such subjects.  You're the one forever talking about tattoos and Alves' arse, think that says more about you than it does me.

Forever? Is that ITK knowledge there?  mackems.gif

You do love to talk that shit don't you? Is it some sort of OCD or are you just a tiresome muppet?