Are you unhappy with how we play under Allardyce?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IMO you either need a top class manager (Wenger) who can develop youth or spend shit loads of money to be able to play attractive football all the time and consistantly get results these days. We have seen the promotion teams who have played attractive football in their first season, got the praise then completely flopped the next.

The consistant teams in this league who get success are Chelsea (boring), Liverpool (boring), Arsenal (genius manager and many years developing the academy) and Man U (massive amounts spent aswell as having a fantastic manager). We are a long way off those 4 and I would rather we played "boring" football and progressed over the next few years than bounce up and down playing "sexy" football but never really going anywhere.

Sven has done well although he has spent a large amount of money and with Richards and Dunne in defence had a good base to build on. Too early to say whether he can last it out, I think he probably will but then I also think he will continue spending a lot to do it.

Milner supposed to be a very good darts player, and he's a dab hand at cricket too.

Said in the chron they still play it in the dressing room.

Aye, they have a Premier League and a Championship board.

It's a total media myth about Allardyce anyway as far as I'm concerned. We don't play worse stuff than any of the teams around us, or even the rest of the league imo. Only Man Utd and Arsenal can claim to be something above functional.

It's a total media myth about Allardyce anyway as far as I'm concerned. We don't play worse stuff than any of the teams around us, or even the rest of the league imo. Only Man Utd and Arsenal can claim to be something above functional.

Completely agree. People complain we don't create enough chances but...

1) We have scored more than most.

2) We have missed some very easy chances.

3) We have been missing our real attacking players whether it be out of position or just injured.

I can still see Allardyce going after a more attacking CM aswell, especially if Emre breaks down again soon. Smith was the spanner in the works a little though, that said was speaking to a ManU fan today who asked me what I thought of the signing and he was surprised because he absolutely loved him and wished they still had him now. Kind of makes sense with Saha always injured and the Rooney-Tevez being a little too similar.

Personally, I'd expect us to be playing better football after 9 matches, tbh.

If this isnt a wind up then I will point to my post #59 point 3.

If it is, nothing to see here people :D

It isn't a wind-up, I'm just being sarcastic. It's idiotic to even concieve of complaining about Sam's style of football: he's barely been here five minutes, how on Earth is he meant to have put his mark on the team yet?

The thing is that it seems to imply that up until now we've been seeing managers trying to play good football but losing games.

The stuff we are watching under Allardyce right now is a million miles better, both in style and substance, than what we watched under Roeder, Souness and to a certain extent even that last season under Robson. He's not got it spot on yet away from home but we're clearly heading in the right direction, away from the dross we've become accustomed to over the past 3 or 4 years. Remember those home games against Palace, Boro (twice), Sheff Utd, Man City, Blackburn (twice)? Jesus!

The thing is that it seems to imply that up until now we've been seeing managers trying to play good football but losing games.

The stuff we are watching under Allardyce right now is a million miles better, both in style and substance, than what we watched under Roeder, Souness and to a certain extent even that last season under Robson. He's not got it spot on yet away from home but we're clearly heading in the right direction, away from the dross we've become accustomed to over the past 3 or 4 years. Remember those home games against Palace, Boro (twice), Sheff Utd, Man City, Blackburn (twice)? Jesus!

Don't forget Fulham...

I certainly haven't.

Don't forget Fulham...

I certainly haven't.

You're banned from home games. We're on a roll at the moment, last thing we need is you turning up.

Don't forget Fulham...

I certainly haven't.

You're banned from home games. We're on a roll at the moment, last thing we need is you turning up.

:(

I'm genuinely worried about my next home game, I can see Paul Mosley taking me out if we lose.

You'll be glad to know I'm struggling to afford any more trips this year though.