Form away from home

McCormick

these threads really get on my nerves, whenever we lose a match someone finds something to start a bloody thread on and moan about.

Do you think the successful clubs would tolerate sh*t like Derby, Man City or Reading ?

No, they bloody DON'T.

Liverpool fans are whining incessantly, and look what they've achieved just in the last couple of seasons, and were they are now, this season. Yet they complain more than us, and they see any drop-off as unacceptable.

Thats why they are successful and we AREN'T.

We've strengthened the defence like many people said we should, but our defence isn't any better.

Some of us correctly said what the biggest problem was a year ago.

If only shepherd was there, then we'd have won.

Good post Ne5, insightful as always

Not necessarily, unlike some people, I always said that Shepherd didn't actually play so wasn't responsible for playing s*** in a couple of Cup Finals, for instance.

I've been saying for a year what the problem with the team is, and it isn't so simple as buying a few better defenders. If you still can't work it out, have a look. Unless you intend to continue acting like a bit of a dope.

mods, is there an ignore function on this forum? if not can you please add one?

We've strengthened the defence like many people said we should, but our defence isn't any better.

Not necessarily, unlike some people, I always said that Shepherd didn't actually play so wasn't responsible for playing s*** in a couple of Cup Finals, for instance.

I've been saying for a year what the problem with the team is, and it isn't so simple as buying a few better defenders. If you still can't work it out, have a look. Unless you intend to continue acting like a bit of a dope.

No, but you do have an ignore function built into your brain. It's incredibly useful.

aye, there is no need for these silly posts, especially the ones who mention Shepherd for no reason .....

aye, there is no need for these silly posts, especially the ones who mention Shepherd for no reason .....

actually maybe we could just make shepherd a word thats blocked out, like fuck, i definitely consider him to be offensive

Fingers crossed Sam will have learned his lesson and will start with Zog and Milner by the time the mackems come around.  The thing I don't understand is, they're not even luxury players - they put the work in, track back etc.  It's not like the decision to play a Ginola or a Robert away from home.

BSA is like all mediocre managers, he puts his faith in the older experienced players who will follow his defensive instructions.  There is no room for flair players like Zoggy and Milner and that was probably the real reason why Dyer and Solano were allowed to leave.  I would say Barton is his ideal player because he has a bit of everything but can be asked to defend. and put a hold on his attacking flair when away from home.

I would not be at all surprised to see Martins sold in the transfer window and Anelka brought in from Bolton so he can play 4 5 1 away from home with Barton getting up in support.

My prediction is a defeat at Sunderland.

Is that why he signed Jay Jay Okocha then?

Breaking news: Most Newcastle fans have bipolar disorder

Honest to bettsy, less than 10 games in and people are calling for his head. What happened to 'give him time'. Sure the away form is terrible right now, but overreacting isn't going to make things any better

If, by half-way through the season, we're still looking abysmal on the road then we can start asking serious questions.. but for now we just have to hope sam drops this alledged 'play for a point' mentality.

Hes a good manager remember, so leave britney aloone!

Honest to bettsy, less than 10 games in and people are calling for his head. What happened to 'give him time'. Sure the away form is terrible right now, but overreacting isn't going to make things any better

If, by half-way through the season, we're still looking abysmal on the road then we can start asking serious questions.. but for now we just have to hope sam drops this alledged 'play for a point' mentality.

hate to admit it but i cant stand the average nufc fan, utter fucking morons, watching the match in the pub yesterday and in the last ten minutes the camera cut to sam, cue booing from a section of the bar, so i shouted fuck off at them, then hid behind my mate when they looked over

hate to admit it but i cant stand the average nufc fan, utter fucking morons, watching the match in the pub yesterday and in the last ten minutes the camera cut to sam, cue booing from a section of the bar, so i shouted fuck off at them, then hid behind my mate when they looked over

aye those lot piss me off

Guest Brewcastle

Terrible tactics from Sam. Where's his ambitions when he in front of the Reading-match says 0-0 is a good result?

No team that goes in to away-matches against Reading, or other team's of that standard, will succeed in the end of the season with a spot in Europe. NUFC got what they deserved at Madejski Stadium. -And it was far away from a clean sheet....

Sam have to change his thoughts about away-matches. His squad should be good enough for attacking!

Before the game at Reading Sam was already talking about worries he had regarding the team developing a paranoia about away games if they didn't start picking up points. Which is pretty much the same as saying 'The clinical psychologist I've employed is useless to us'.

After the game at Reading he kept banging on about defensive errors and as good as admitted he was struggling to find a reason for it, which reveals he can't see what's happening in front of his own eyes due to his own convictions. Blinded by his own beliefs.

All very well setting up and training a strong defensive unit, but as a new team getting used to each other they need some pressure taken off them surely. Playing away from home in a manner that ensures more pressure on the defence due to gameplan hardly seems the best way to go about it.

If we had conceded a goal whilst attacking Reading and playing to our strengths scoring 3 goals in the process he might have a right to bitch about lapses in concentration and defensive errors. Setting the team out to play for a draw and ensure lots of pressure on the defence is more his own fault they concede as the ARE NOT the defensive unit he wants YET.

Lose at Sunderland without attacking them will lose him a LOT of patience the fans might have stored up for the new regime.