England's World Cup bid, St James' and those stupid listed buildings.

danswan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Technology will move on and we'll eventually be able to build something on the east stand, I wouldn't be surprised if we could do something by going up rather than out.  I think the hassle would be getting foundations which are strong enough to take so much weight over such a small footprint.

Love its current location so wouldn't like to it move for a good long while. Newcastle is a small city and it's important to keep as many of its quality buildings intact as possible, so the idea of demolishing them is ridiculous. It's not so long ago people thought it'd be wise to demolish this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1137/cookspearlhouseoldqt3.jpg

In order to fucking build this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9611/cookspearlhouseme0.jpg

As Mick said, they should've moved the Milburn closer to Barrack Road during the extension. That would've allowed us to move the pitch further west and allow us to fit in more seats on the East Stand side.

The stadium plans for the Castle Leazes site looked superb. Bloody do gooders put paid to that though.

Aye, that was a bit different as a lot of that's barely used and shitty anyway. A compromise probably could've been reached, I'm sure, if we'd had the time.

It would have still been central and brought money into the city but some goons thought it better to use for druggies and chravers to hang out on.

Never seen that Keefaz, that's unbelievable.

plenty more where that came from too  :tickedoff:

BooBoo, what riles me is that council members who were season ticket holders weren't allowed to vote on the new ground cos they were said to have "vested interests". that was bollocks, it's not as if they were shareholders so had a direct monetary interest. it is a fact that newcastle fans make up huge segment of the city and excluding the council members excluded the valid opinions of all newcastle fans as a result.

Never seen that Keefaz, that's unbelievable.

:jesuswept:

Leave me alone, I'm only a young'un.

Wasn't having a go at you kidda, more the sheer crapness of the decision to replace the old with the new as Keefaz depicted.

The stadium plans for the Castle Leazes site looked superb. Bloody do gooders put paid to that though.

Any scans online?

I'm just going on what i've seen in the official club book "Fortress St James"- a history of SJP. The stadium would have been distinctive with a huge arc across the stands, meant to slightly resemble the Tyne Bridge. It sounds rubbish but the models looked really impressive.

I do like St James', but theres no getting away from the fact it looks a bit daft being as lop sided as it is.

Three quarters of that PEARL house is fucking empty mostly that top part - its got to let signs right across the windows.

Whast happening to the old ODEON? Its seems like its been empty for an eternity.

Dunno what they're doing with that building specifically but they're redeveloping that whole Pilgrim St area soon, it fucking needs it as well, it's a shithole down there. The fire station is closed now in preparation.

Three quarters of that PEARL house is fucking empty mostly that top part - its got to let signs right across the windows.

Whast happening to the old ODEON? Its seems like its been empty for an eternity.

Dunno what they're doing with that building specifically but they're redeveloping that whole Pilgrim St area soon, it fucking needs it as well, it's a shithole down there. The fire station is closed now in preparation.

Aye, I have my fears about that, but Pilgrim Street is such a shithole they probably couldn't make it any worse.

That's our Tom_NUFC made that thread.

Aye, it's strange he never posted it on here. At least I think he didn't, having had a quick check of his posts.

The post from marko mentions him copying and pasting it from here so he probably did, probably among that load of posts we deleted ages ago... how ironic. :laugh: