Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Guest NUFCGator

Just finished watching this, enter knee jerk reaction:

We are absolutely terrible. Fucking horrid. It was painful to even continue watching this game after 15 minutes in. How the fuck did we blow this game before the first half had even begun. We're not even going to finish in the top half if we keep this bullshit up. In the past 6 fixtures we've only had one game where I thought we looked good against Everton. You could point out the Spurs match but beating a relegation candidate is nothing that's going to push us into Europe. People complained when Sam said the goal this year was to reach a higher place at the end of the season than last year but for fuck's sake we won't even achieve that with games like this. Against Pompey and Reading we've had so little offense I'll be amazed after this if teams still leave a keeper back there to stop us. And if we don't have any offense we'd better have an impenetrable defense but today they just launched long passes over us and past us as if they expected that strategy to work...and it did. I'm nothing less than disgusted by the performance today and it's looking like the derby next week isn't going to be fun. We're fucking awful at this point and I'm not even sure where we can start to fix these fuckups.

Guest rebel_yell12

I quite agree with you Sparta.  Newcastle's problems are not upfront.  Get the rest sorted, and the strikers will show their quality.

sam should be given time to do his job, no doubt, but dropping n'zogbia back to left back was a shocking decision, he was the only one looking like doing anything, as with milner, bringing him off just as he started to get at their defense a bit. and smith, sorry like but no thanks, he won ONE header all day, and that wasnt even contested, fair enough it might not be his strong point, but if so then stop lumping it forward every time we get the ball, i'd love to see us pass it about a bit ffs

i dont want to be pesamistic, but its hard not to be to be honest... i like BS, but now i'm not confident with his selections or taticts, or assistant to work with him...i fear the next game i really do

Harper- 4 - No chance

Taylor- 6- He tried

Enrique- 4- Rubbish

Faye- 3- Pathetic

Cacapa-1- Difficult to think of a worse 15 mins of NUFC football

Milner- 4- Anonymous

Barton- 3- Useless

Butt- 5- Tried and booked again

N/Zogbia- 5- Kept trying

Smith-2 Thoroughly rotten

Owen- 6- Tried hard

Martins- 2 Pitiful

Emre -3 Was he playing?

Rozenhal-5 - Did okay

THOROUGHLY SHAMEFUL OVERALL. Sam, you're not managing a toy town anymore you fool.

I quite agree with you Sparta.  Newcastle's problems are not upfront.  Get the rest sorted, and the strikers will show their quality.

delivery tbf, is awful, zog had a good start, else... its really bad

This forum is full of 'I told you so' type of neanderthals. Like those that said that Allardyce was tactically naieve, totally inept and his team played a brand of football that was f*cking worse than pub team full of wannabes on a Sunday morning after a few bevs.  This forum is full of those that claim that Newcastle have been pretty poor this season and as a minimum, have not been convincing and whether this was 6 or 11 games into the season, it was plain to see what the season had in store. 

Well, I was one of those f*ckers and so far feel vindicated by my own assessment. Point is though, it's not who is right or wrong, but point is accurately reporting what the facts are.  We are f*cking crap under this mutha.

I'm one of the neanderthals.  Optimists keep live in your false world.  I see the same sh*t occuring.....well if we finish above Sunderland then I'll be happy.....

Big Sam is f*cking outta his depth. Fortunatley employed by the previous regime so I feel that not all is bad as it's the type of excuse needed for getting rid.  Anyone who says he's not f*cking crap wants their head read.

No....Let's give him time. Wonder if that old chestnut has been mentioned in earlier threads?

This forum is full of 'I told you so' type of neanderthals. Like those that said that Allardyce was tactically naieve, totally inept and his team played a brand of football that was f*cking worse than pub team full of wannabes on a Sunday morning after a few bevs.  This forum is full of those that claim that Newcastle have been pretty poor this season and as a minimum, have not been convincing and whether this was 6 or 11 games into the season, it was plain to see what the season had in store. 

Well, I was one of those f*ckers and so far feel vindicated by my own assessment. Point is though, it's not who is right or wrong, but point is accurately reporting what the facts are.  We are f*cking crap under this mutha.

I'm one of the neanderthals.  Optimists keep live in your false world.  I see the same sh*t occuring.....well if we finish above Sunderland then I'll be happy.....

Big Sam is f*cking outta his depth. Fortunatley employed by the previous regime so I feel that not all is bad as it's the type of excuse needed for getting rid.  Anyone who says he's not f*cking crap wants their head read.

No....Let's give him time. Wonder if that old chestnut has been mentioned in earlier threads?

You're rambling but at the same time talking a bit of sense too.

well fuck me, that was frightful and for the first time since we were 4 down to spurs 75ish i left early.

where did it got wrong, i'm claiming again,like i have on the majority of our dropped points this season at the feet of our manager. we heard on the way to the ground that milner would play left and n'zogbia right, an argument could be made in favour of this if we had no presence up front and needed our wide men not to go wide and need to keep the ball down ie if playing owen/martins up front, but no, we have alan smith up front to have a physical presence......well why wait till over an hour to get milner/n'zogbia in their proper positions.

in a lot of peoples team predictions rozenhal got a place due to portsmouth not playing up and scrap'em style football and needing someone with a bit pace and quick reading....obviously passed by some members of our coaching/managing staff.

that's now boro,derby,reading,citeh and today where i question the tactics and blame them for lost points. 5 games out of 11 where i blame the manager aint good.

A long winter of discontent if we get beat off Sunderland ,our football is dis-jointed ,the team is different every week (unforced mostly).Our manager blames everyone but himself for our displays ,we are pretty awful to watch with hardly any service to our front men . This season promised so much with the clean out from top to bottom but all i feel is deflated with little confidence in what i beleive is a manager who hasnt got a fookin clue .

So it should have been at least 1-6, two blatant penalties not given.

forgot about todays ref, for all it wouldn't have affected the result he was terrible, loads of shit decisions both ways, missed a blatant rozenhal handball 1st half (sorry dave if the 2nd pen was in the last 10mins as i was back in the boozer by then)and a barton scissor tackle that was a booking all day.

forgot about todays ref, for all it wouldn't have affected the result he was terrible, loads of shit decisions both ways, missed a blatant rozenhal handball 1st half (sorry dave if the 2nd pen was in the last 10mins as i was back in the boozer by then)and a barton scissor tackle that was a booking all day.

Aye, he was shite for both teams after seeing the lowlights.

Interesting to listen to Benjani in the post match interviews.

When asked by the BBC interviewer about what's changed about Portsmouth away from home this season compared to last season he said that they now go out there with a mentality to attack and win this season whereas last season they set out to defend against the home team.

Interesting to note that some teams still set out to win away from home even if we're not one of them.

Aye, he was shite for both teams after seeing the lowlights.

I thought he was awful, and it takes a lot for me to say that about a referee.