Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Well, after today and then if we lose to the mackems next week, the heat is really gonna be on him. He hasn't helped himself with his tactics/team selections.

Mid-table beckons again this season, and I concur with what was said earlier. As he's not Ashley's man, we could be looking for a new boss next summer.

Full Time.

Have Portsmouth any bearing on this result? They arent a pub team remember

It's time we faced up to the reality that teams like Pompey are simply bigger and better than us. In all reality we are a lower-rung premier league team with a fairly formidible home ground which keeps us from getting relegated each year. Any kind of genuine quality will bring us undone every time, ditto any kind of genuine heart.

Pompey played decent, top 8 standard EPL football. You simply cannot play football like that when you have the likes of Milner, Butt, Smith and (on todays form) Barton in your side.

Simply put, we have the three shortest attackers going around on. They have one of the most physically big and strong back lines going. So our entire attack is lobbing in balls at head height to their defensive line. A-Grade tactics there. Like any professional outfit would do, they've sent that s*** back with interest.

Better, yes, a bigger club? No.  Harry has done quite well with them and it has taken a few years.  Allardyce has had months, chill out.  That goes for the rest of you knee-jerkers. 

We might have a lot of fans and a big stadium but in the end I don't see how anyone can look at us, have a good honest look, and say that we are any longer a 'big club'. This is the second time this season we've been taken aside and given a really good thrashing (not just on the scoreboard) by a club outside the so called 'big 4'. Its not really about how long Sam has had, or about him at all, I guess we just need to come to terms with our place in football at the moment. We are a lower rung team.

Guest Harry-Norway

I just saw Arsenal vs MU on tv before this match,they played some fantastic fotball,we dont reach any of the top 4-6 to the ankle in the way we play football.

Toon players dont have the right attitude,they dont fight enough,giving up the 2 ball,bad passes,misses the ball etc .etc-

What are they doing between the matches,are they not training or what,nearly every week its the same,we been lucky to have the points we have at the moment,not by playing good football but pure luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest justin99.

Carr & babayaro who don't play and every fan wants rid of get a week between them what most doctors earn in a year.

that really boils my piss.

Guest elbee909

José Mourinho cant manage an english club for like 2 years or something.

Quique Sanchez Flores is a young lad, he did really impressive things with Getafe which was his first job, he got Valenca the 3rd place in Ligue 1 in his first season, but got sacked because of some bad results.

We need to go foreign like someone said.

Yes, like Sven Goran Eriksson.  Until you get beaten 6-0 and then you have to sack them, and then 'go British', until that manager gets beaten and then you have to sack them, and 'go foreign'.

It's at times like this I wish many fans would go bloody interstellar rather than foreign, and launch themselves into the sun.

Quique Sanchez Flores is a young lad, he did really impressive things with Getafe which was his first job, he got Valenca the 3rd place in Ligue 1 in his first season, but got sacked because of some bad results.

Ok Sam pack your bags, halligh's decided we should go foreign.. get a grip man

In fact all of you get a grip ffs, what happened to stability and "lets remember to give alladyce time, success doesnt come quickly"

Acting like a bunch of juvenile twits some of you...

Have Portsmouth any bearing on this result? They arent a pub team remember

It's time we faced up to the reality that teams like Pompey are simply bigger and better than us. In all reality we are a lower-rung premier league team with a fairly formidible home ground which keeps us from getting relegated each year. Any kind of genuine quality will bring us undone every time, ditto any kind of genuine heart.

Pompey played decent, top 8 standard EPL football. You simply cannot play football like that when you have the likes of Milner, Butt, Smith and (on todays form) Barton in your side.

Simply put, we have the three shortest attackers going around on. They have one of the most physically big and strong back lines going. So our entire attack is lobbing in balls at head height to their defensive line. A-Grade tactics there. Like any professional outfit would do, they've sent that s*** back with interest.

Better, yes, a bigger club? No.  Harry has done quite well with them and it has taken a few years.  Allardyce has had months, chill out.  That goes for the rest of you knee-jerkers. 

Tbf, did Pompey get bummed by Newcastle 4-1 at Fratton Park?

What does that have to do with anything? 

The point in your first post seems to be in a few years Sam will sort it out the same way Harry sorted out Portmouth and that patience is needed.

Whilst this might happen, you have to concede that most managers that take a while to get things going don't get whooped at home by their league rivals. That's what happens to the Roeders and Souness' of the world.

Defence still hasnt been sorted our major problem and Sam has failed

It's been two months FFS

Anyway, dreadful result today but by all accounts it was a fluke start so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Last weeks game was much more worrying.

Thank fuck, somebody else on here has common sense.  When a team is rebuilding, it's going to have some results like this.  Get a grip, people. 

Yes, like Sven Goran Eriksson.  Until you get beaten 6-0 and then you have to sack them, and then 'go British', until that manager gets beaten and then you have to sack them, and 'go foreign'.

It's at times like this I wish many fans would go bloody interstellar rather than foreign, and launch themselves into the sun.

If they ever get around to simulating realistic Newcastle Fans in Football Manager that might make the game more challenging. Two losses on the trot and you're up for the sack.

I was 100% sure we would come out in a 4-3-3 today, at least to start the game and then maybe switch it up later.

This was Sam's only real mistake. No way old man Nicky and a partly match fit Barton were ever going to keep up with Diop, Muntari and Davis in midfield.

Really bad decision by the manager.

Terrible display

Terrible team

Terrible tactics

Terrible result

Terrible post.

Sorry we were great everything is good Sam is great

So we should sack sam after 10 games then?

Well done mate, you've officially become the most unintelligle fan on this forum.

I was 100% sure we would come out in a 4-3-3 today, at least to start the game and then maybe switch it up later.

This was Sam's only real mistake. No way old man Nicky and a partly match fit Barton were ever going to keep up with Diop, Muntari and Davis in midfield.

Not his only mistake

Portsmouth aren't Chelsea. We are at home. We haven't played some excellent football. None of our new signings have looked as good as Elano. We are not 3rd.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, that is a very poor example.

Portsmouth aren't Chelsea. We are at home. We haven't played some excellent football. None of our new signings have looked as good as Elano. We are not 3rd.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, that is a very poor example.

exactly i was thinking!

Not his only mistake

milner and n'zogbia on their unnatural wings was such a bad idea.